• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
MOD NOTE: Please keep this OT discussion about the game itself. You can make a thread or bump an old one to talk about Hideo Kojima's current projects or his relationship with Konami.

7Cpm6kQ.png

Artwork for OT courtesy of Luulubuu

Platforms: PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
Release Date: 2/20/2018
Developer: Konami
Publisher: Konami
Size: 20GB
Price: $40

Official Site
Steam | PlayStation Store | Xbox Marketplace

Era Metal Gear Survive Discord:
Quote to reveal.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

YLPs6v7.png

Immediately following the events of the ending to Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeros, Metal Gear Survive takes place in reality where after Big Boss's explosive departure, a mysterious wormhole opened up the sky above the burning mother base and pulled much of the base with it's debris and inhabitants, including a close friend of our protagonist who managed to escape with Big Boss. After the escape, our character falls into a coma for 6 months, eventually waking up in a facility owned by the Wardenclyffe Section, a secretive research organization of the U.S. government. Goodluck, an agent of Wardneclyffe, reveals the source of our coma is a mysterious alien parasite contracted from the wormhole, and sends us into a parallel reality beyond the wormhole in order to find a cure and save anyone trapped on the other side from whatever may lie beyond…

Players will find themselves creating and defending a new base of operations in this world while exploring the surrounding poisonous mist filled areas for food, water, materials, weapons, and most importantly, survivors. Opposing the players are the infected and mutated soldiers pulled in half a year prior, taking various forms to destroy our base and kill our protagonist and NPC's.

s12JXLt.jpg
sfb34e5.png
607ai7e.jpg

3WaoMGM.jpg

In the cooperative mode, players can work together with up to 4-players online to defend a resource extractor in Salvage missions, which provides valuable materials for use in either mode.

While defending the extractor, players will have to build and manage various structures and defenses in order to maintain control, while also encountering various side missions that can be used to get access to complete blueprints and new weaponry. Upon going to the cooperative mode, players will spawn in the pre-game lobby area which allows you to build new gear, weapons, and structures while also having an infinite inventory to test them out while you wait to start. Player's character's can also be upgraded in this area to take on specific roles in the cooperative multiplayer, such as specializing in melee combat or long range sniping on critical targets.

yOuVP45.jpg
6EhHlsK.jpg
9xkBvqS.jpg

F6UicOz.png

F.A.Q.'s

Is this a canon entry in the MGS universe?
No.

I heard you need an internet connection to play, even the single player. Is this true?
Yes, Metal Gear Survive does require you to be connected online at all times, even in the SP modes.

Is there a character creator?
Yes, pretty much identical to the one found in Metal Gear Solid V: TPP for reference.

Are there more cooperative modes besides the Salvage missions?
Won't know for sure until release, but we have yet to see anything else. That said, apparently the leaked achievement/trophy list suggests there might be more than what we have seen so far.

MEDIA

img04.jpg

img22.jpg

img29.jpg

img12.jpg

Last edited:

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I gave this a shot last weekend. Played for a good 45 minutes and didn't feel it. Like, I couldn't even get how to build a fence also. Yeah, that's on my part. But, I feel like this game arrived so late to the Survival gaming party. Should have been released three years ago. Now, give me a good and polished Battle Royale game with this gameplay and we're talking.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going to wait and see how this turns out but I hope its good.

That 1 hour gameplay video of the start of the SP mode seemed way more interesting then I expected.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
If only this had a offline mode, single player looks very fun but I don't buy online only games.
I've seen some rumblings about the game having some sort of emergency offline mode and something about your items and saves actually being stored offline, so maybe some modders could get the PC version to work offline or something.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Spoilers for non zombie enemies in the game
there are giant cthulhu like enemies kinda like from the movie "the mist" in this. Absolutely insane designs on them, scary as fuck

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
So the day 1 update that lets us start the game went up. It's around 3 gigs.

You receive 2 bonus accessories just for making a player during the beta:

A Bandanna:
rgsnq.jpg

And Metal Gear Rex:
65ok9.jpg

Sorry if the pictures look weird. I took them at 4k and (if I did it right, using Abload) converted it to 1080. This is from the X1 version, btw.

Currently playing story mode and they definitely ease you into everything. I know the beta was overwhelming but you'll have an easier time starting a new game.

Speaking of new game, if you go back to the shots above, you'll see 3 locked icons above my name. In order to start a new game with a new character (in case you don't want to delete your main) you have to spend SV coins, which is where the microtransactions come in.

It's 1000 SV coins but I don't know what that equals in real money since the store isn't up yet. (They do note that there will be times where we will receive free SV coins.) There's also an in-game SV coin shop where you can purchase boosters that stay in effect for 24 hours, 7 days, 30 days or 60 days. These boosters help you get more Kuban Energy, more resources and more battle points. Whenever the store is up and running, I'll check to see how much real world money this is.

I'll come back in a few and talk about some things from story mode.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Yo, I just wanted to congratulate whoever came up with that OT title.

Have fun with the game!

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, it's out tomorrow? Fuck, impressed by how little hype I've seen for it.
Might get it on a deep sale, don't see how they could fuck up the gameplay, so at the very worst it'll have all the positives MGS5 had, but in no real rush.

Also 1000/10 title and great OP!

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Ypd
So the day 1 update that lets us start the game went up. It's around 3 gigs.

You receive 2 bonus accessories just for making a player during the beta:

A Bandanna:
rgsnq.jpg

And Metal Gear Rex:
65ok9.jpg

Sorry if the pictures look weird. I took them at 4k and (if I did it right, using Abload) converted it to 1080. This is from the X1 version, btw.

Currently playing story mode and they definitely ease you into everything. I know the beta was overwhelming but you'll have an easier time starting a new game.

Speaking of new game, if you go back to the shots above, you'll see 3 locked icons above my name. In order to start a new game with a new character (in case you don't want to delete your main) you have to spend SV coins, which is where the microtransactions come in.

It's 1000 SV coins but I don't know what that equals in real money since the store isn't up yet. (They do note that there will be times where we will receive free SV coins.) There's also an in-game SV coin shop where you can purchase boosters that stay in effect for 24 hours, 7 days, 30 days or 60 days. These boosters help you get more Kuban Energy, more resources and more battle points. Whenever the store is up and running, I'll check to see how much real world money this is.

I'll come back in a few and talk about some things from story mode.
update is up? Hust checked and still nada. Which region?

Edit: nvm. I see you said xbox.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I would be so over this game if it had a battle royal mode. MGSV's phsyics + stealth is sooooo perfect for a battle royal mode but this game does not so skip

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Can you post impressions from the SP? Like, there are locations to explore, a proper story-line, variety of missions? Is it hard to actually survive, gather resources like water (I hate survival games), is the base management boring/tedious?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Can you post impressions from the SP? Like, there are locations to explore, a proper story-line, variety of missions? Is it hard to actually survive, gather resources like water (I hate survival games), is the base management boring/tedious?
There are streams happening right now that show a lot of stuff. The first hour of the game with 30min cutscenes is also in the OP
Also if you don't mind to be spoiled on one of the appearances of a non-zombie enemy, watch this

Deleted member 8106

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There are streams happening right now that show a lot of stuff. The first hour of the game with 30min cutscenes is also in the OP
Also if you don't mind to be spoiled on one of the appearances of a non-zombie enemy, watch this
Well, I'm suprised Konami managed to keep all this stuff secret somehow. Hopefully in the next couple of days we'll have a deeper impression about the game, I'm sure people will rush to complete it.

Lat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly can't wait until tomorrow. I have it preordered and ready to tackle SP. Not too interested in MP tho

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So when does the review embargo lift?
There is no embargo, they only just released the patch to play the game. That's because there are some huge twists to the enemies you fight in the game and they didn't want to have any of it leak. Only now are we seeing them for the first time thanks to streams.

darfox8

Nov 5, 2017
USA
Darn I shouldn't of read the spoilers above, I was hoping this game had something, anything to be interesting and it's own thing.

Dunno if I can get the game on release but we'll see.

Evilcrane

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Hah looks pretty sick! I'm somewhat interested simply because of the great gameplay mechanics in MGSV - will have to keep an eye on this.

Deleted member 30151

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Why does this game, focused mainly on singleplayer (according to the developers) needs a forced Internet connection even on console? My Internet is shitty enough and this forced online crap is as necessary as a nasty flue at the beginning of a year.

If it's not the forced Internet connection which turns me off, it's definitely the horrible survival mechanics. Coming from someone who never liked the mechanics in Snake Eater. But this here is a whole different level.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Why does this game, focused mainly on singleplayer (according to the developers) needs a forced Internet connection even on console? My Internet is shitty enough and this forced online crap is as necessary as a nasty flue at the beginning of a year.

If it's not the forced Internet connection which turns me off, it's definitely the horrible survival mechanics. Coming from someone who never liked the mechanics in Snake Eater. But this here is a whole different level.
Apparently the game has an "emergency offline mode" that allows you to play offline but you can't access the things that are saved online. Not sure what exactly that means.

Deleted member 21326

User requested account closure.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nice OT :) Asking here, does anyone knoiw when the preload is going up on Steam ? Really looking forward to this game!