• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I just unlocked the classes and threw everything I had into Scout.. It's depressing how far it didn't go :)

Also I finally found the "Woohoo" emote right out of bounds North west of Ruins 3. I knew it was there and looked loads. You end up being right in the death dust before you can see it.

[edit] Good lord the scouts "Gather all" ability is great for hoarders :)

Last edited:

TheDave545

Nov 4, 2017
Well that crew management video did the complete opposite, everyone's morale is at an all time low, I've put my useless people on outgoing missions and they still won't die, really have no idea how to get rid of them, and to top it all off I've still had no new distress signals....top.

Last edited:

taco543

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA
Well that crew management video did the complete opposite, everyone's morale is at an all time low, I've put my useless people on outgoing missions and they still won't die, really have no idea how to get rid of them, and to top it all off I've still had no new distress signals....top.
Yeah I've been on an abysmal dry spell for distress signals. It's really disheartening.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Played a few rescue missions. People knew what they were doing. Placing fences to block enemy paths, defending and using lures. Pretty fun. I'll say it again: such a great mode.

I've started to carry lures as well for these missions. Might go with decoys eventually and try to craft the medium disc case (increases carrying capacity for decoys).

Just did a Salvage mission and got the vest I was looking for!

1mpdm.jpg

Wanted arrows, got that AND ammo! Didn't even think that was possible. Now I'm wondering if you can get arrows, ammo and throwing weapon all on one vest...

Deleted member 14002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played a few rescue missions. People knew what they were doing. Placing fences to block enemy paths, defending and using lures. Pretty fun. I'll say it again: such a great mode.

I've started to carry lures as well for these missions. Might go with decoys eventually and try to craft the medium disc case (increases carrying capacity for decoys).

Just did a Salvage mission and got the vest I was looking for!

1mpdm.jpg

Wanted arrows, got that AND ammo! Didn't even think that was possible. Now I'm wondering if you can get arrows, ammo and throwing weapon all on one vest...

The perks appear to be static. There's only a couple of variations of each piece of gear.

From what I've seen its one or the other.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Got a heavy weapon advancement kit from a legendary material case. The first Legendary case you earn from BP is at 2700.

Been running Easy missions and so far so good. I usually place 3 fences around the digger, with one entrance for the guy to place the survivor. I'll place a auto turret near there and then it's just a matter of defending.

Switched over to Scout for the Unit Enhancement skill, which increases attack power, durability, etc of units I place. Haven't looked to see how much of a different it gives. Going to unlock the Unit Repair skill and give that a go, too.

Stealth camo is awesome, btw.

The 7 day booster they gave out for free ends tomorrow for me but I'm considering using 200 SV to unlock the one that's on the store, especially since the weekend is here. Really want to hit that 80,000 BP. That, and who knows what the BP shop will have when it unlocks but I'm expecting things to be expensive!

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
That 15 minute digging sure is something. I run out of stuff by minute 8 and melee is not enough because there are SO MANY.
Guess it's time to farm some more *sigh*

zerocalories

Oct 28, 2017
California
LV 20, 17 hrs, spoilers

I just got to Sahelanthropus, failed half way through the 15 minute timer. I feel like I'm not playing the game properly.

My combat consists of
1. using a pole,
2. using fences/barbed barricades
3. with the occasional moltov/grenade thrown in

I don't feel like I'm playing the game to my full potential. I'm reading through some posts and I feel like I'm only playing half the game

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Yeah, same problem zerocalories at the same thing.
I don't wanna give up as I at least want to finish the story.

I am using a bow, shotgun and pistol. Iam fully loaded at the beginning but halfway through I run dry.
I have mines, grenades and molotovs as well, but there are just so many that I feel like I must be missing some thing to tackle all of them.

edit: Watching a video it should not be hard, huh. Maybe I try a different more aggresive approach as well. Do your own explosives damage the digger? Also if I have two adjecent mines, will they both blow up if one is getting triggered?

Last edited:

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I didn't to spoil that was going to happen derFeef ;) But yeah that bit is a bit tricky, its very easy to be overwhelmed. If it helps you or zerocalories what I did was:
I used a bow, Machete, Pistol & Shotgun. I also relied heavily on Molotovs (improved), Grenades, Mines and Heavy machine guns.
I used Barbed wire metal fences and Barbed barricades. I tried to take the fight to the water, and setup a couple of layers of fence & barricade between the digger and where the spawn is with mines on the inside for when they fall.
I spawned the machine gun on the large rock pointing toward the spawn (some mobs spawn up there but I sed bow/pistol to take them out from the water). When started I used backstab (on bombers) and heavy arrows to take out as many as possible immediately as they spawn so as to re-use as many arrows as possible. When they group up and are more out of the water I would use flame arrows as crowd control and save the improved molotovs for when things got "Half crown thrupenny bit" :)
I saved the guns for special mobs which tended to appear about 12/9/6 minutes, though I used the heavy machine gun when the swarm got thick, I only needed 1 in the end, but had a second.
The special mobs I used grenades to take down quick, especially the three enemy mortars which spawn toward the end.
The last few minutes I just spammed the mortars by the teleporter to pepper the last large group (it's tricky to aim though)

Regarding mines, I assumed they would explode if too close together so I only used one behind each barricade then left a couple pointing away from the digger just in case.

EXPBonus

Oct 30, 2017
LV 20, 17 hrs, spoilers

I just got to Sahelanthropus, failed half way through the 15 minute timer. I feel like I'm not playing the game properly.

My combat consists of
1. using a pole,

I don't feel like I'm playing the game to my full potential. I'm reading through some posts and I feel like I'm only playing half the game

What I did was used the entrance to the area with Sahelanthropus as a bit of a hot gates situation. Put two steel fences at the entrance and then mostly used molotovs when a huge group of them builds up.

The rest of the time I used the bow and heavy arrows which are pretty much a one hit kill, kill everyone at the fence, jump over, pick up all the arrows and then jump back. You can do it, don't give up!

Last edited:

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I feel like I have less tools than I should have. That turret sure would be handy!
Heavy arrows are no one hit kill for me, in fact I do need the same amount it seems :(

Oct 27, 2017
LV 20, 17 hrs, spoilers

My combat consists of
1. using a pole,

I feel like I have less tools than I should have. That turret sure would be handy!
Heavy arrows are no one hit kill for me, in fact I do need the same amount it seems :(

So you guys are playing the game like Jim Sterling and Angry Joe did ;P As I've said many times before...this won't get you far.
The Single Player campaign is all about exploration and finding gear + tools in the containers. You should have at least one bow at this point.
A blue bow is hidden in the village to the North-East in the building where you find Kaz's location in MGSV's first mission.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
I believe mission failures & deaths reduce overall morale, but it's only temporary. As long as the main 3 resources are with a blue + instead of a red -, it'll be back up before you even realize.

For them to die - keep sending them. I had a bunch of sv coins, so I just kept fast forwarding the missions for this group of 4 I was trying to get rid of. Took around 6-7 missions before they all died off.

For distress signals - it's pretty much just RNG. You talk to the people at your camp, they give you random missions, go do those missions and then get new ones. There's a limit to how many missions you can have available, plus it seems that they occupy 'slots' on the map, so sometimes you could get a washed up container and then another NPC you're running to - his ! disappears, because one of the missions you got already took up that 'slot'.

I had the same dry spell with distress signals, but after a while it changed up and now I'm more annoyed about the lack of washed up containers.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Bad luck derFeef by sheer luck I went nuts by teleporter 10 since I remembered spending so long in TPP in that area, thats why I tripped over the turret. Only other thing I could suggest is going crazy looking for containers in the jungle, there's a lot of high level gear in them and it should replenish your stocks a little.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Don't sweat it too much, derFeef, I did the mission without even spawning the turrets I had in my loadout.

If you're still having trouble by the time I get back from work, I'll try getting an image of the defenses layout I had that worked spectacularly and it had 0% turrets in it!

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Okay so I could use some advice

I just had my first boss come up (I'm about level 38) and I have no idea how to beat it. WIdemouthor BIgmouth whatever he's called spawned in the south east of map 1, I had a decent position to lay down fire but he's level 45 or something and I'm doing so little damage.

How on earth do you beat him?

Oct 27, 2017
Bad luck derFeef by sheer luck I went nuts by teleporter 10 since I remembered spending so long in TPP in that area, thats why I tripped over the turret. Only other thing I could suggest is going crazy looking for containers in the jungle, there's a lot of high level gear in them and it should replenish your stocks a little.

Exactly, I went back to SP after beating the story and doing 15 hours of Co-Op and still found new stuff. For example there's a container on a terace of the mansion. My first time in the mansion, I completely missed the route that leads you up there.

That being said, I still wasn't able to find those cardboard-walls (only seen those once in Co-Op) and the electric fence. Well tonight...last wave of base dig 4. Let's see what this gives me.

Weekend will be wasted on some heavy BP-farming,lol. I already used 200 SV for base dig accelaration last night, I guess I will also buy a booster, since I still have 600 SV to spend.

Hispanicguy be damned ;P Still no luck with the purple bow here. I have all the other purple weapons, I assume:...the sniper rifle, assault rifle, light MG, 3 pistols, all melee weapons with a two-handed ice-machete now on lvl.2 through rescue rewards...NO BOW!!!!!
Arggghhhh!!!!

Dervius: you will need quite a beefy aresenal to kill him. I used fire arrows, grenades, two stationary MGs, shotgun with 40 shells and took him down on my second try.

Last edited:

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Okay so I could use some advice

I just had my first boss come up (I'm about level 38) and I have no idea how to beat it. WIdemouthor BIgmouth whatever he's called spawned in the south east of map 1, I had a decent position to lay down fire but he's level 45 or something and I'm doing so little damage.

How on earth do you beat him?
You need to level up. Being lower level than an enemy reduces your damage significantly.
After that, use your strongest weapons and lots of explosives to take him down.
Weakspot is his belly and mouth I think.

closer013

Oct 27, 2017
So I died fighting Bigmouth and now they are gone. I slept for almost 3 days and burned through a lot of food & water sleeping and they still haven't respawned. What gives?

Deleted member 8106

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They should really patch in some fresh new content which is not coop only stuff, like new optional bosses. Konami supported Bomberman R very well, and I thought they'll do the same for Survive, but the stuff they released was planned from the very start and they simply didn't manage to put it in the full game for the release, in my opinion.
There are so many ways they can patch new story content in, like some insane cross-over with Raiden or iconic characters, since it's basically an alternate timeline, there's no limit.
By the way, is still possible to see Metal Gear Ray in the game, or was that a beta only thing? I didn't play coop so much, and I never saw it.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
They should really patch in some fresh new content which is not coop only stuff, like new optional bosses. Konami supported Bomberman R very well, and I thought they'll do the same for Survive, but the stuff they released was planned from the very start and they simply didn't manage to put it in the full game for the release, in my opinion.
There are so many ways they can patch new story content in, like some insane cross-over with Raiden or iconic characters, since it's basically an alternate timeline, there's no limit.
By the way, is still possible to see Metal Gear Ray in the game, or was that a beta only thing? I didn't play coop so much, and I never saw it.
Ray can only be summoned in Salvage missions where it says "heavy tactical weapon" under "tactical support" on the digger.
Btw we shouldn't forget that the game literally was released on February 20th. Less than 1 month ago. And we just got a new co-op mode.
Obviously with the small sales and the harsh backlash against the game, I don't expect Konami to actually put any more work into this, but if hey do still have content cooking, I don't think we should rake them over the coals for not having it released less than a month after launch.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Two things. One, no one told me that purple chest pieces can be equipped with ammo so I'm running around with 90 shotgun shells.

Two, rescue missions on hard are so damn fun and hectic. Much better than salvage missions.

Deleted member 8106

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ray can only be summoned in Salvage missions where it says "heavy tactical weapon" under "tactical support" on the digger.
Btw we shouldn't forget that the game literally was released on February 20th. Less than 1 month ago. And we just got a new co-op mode.
Obviously with the small sales and the harsh backlash against the game, I don't expect Konami to actually put any more work into this, but if hey do still have content cooking, I don't think we should rake them over the coals for not having it released less than a month after launch.
Yes, you are right, less than a month passed. Well, I hope they will put at least a final story mission.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I'd absolutely pay for some story DLC.

I've also decided to give the Bow a try. Is there a way to quickly switch arrow types if I have both normal and Flame arrows equipped?

Last edited:

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Any tips for dealing with rescue missions as two players? My friend and I have been just co-oping by ourselves and we've been fine on the salvage missions, but we tried a rescue mission a couple times and it's kicking our asses, even on easy. Is this just particularly tuned for a full party? We get incredibly overwhelmed, especially once the boss seems to come to the extraction point and then never leaves.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd absolutely pay for some story DLC.

I've also decided to give the Bow a try. Is there a way to quickly switch arrow types if I have both normal and Flame arrows equipped?

Press and hold Up on the d-pad.
Use the right stick to highlight the bow.
Use X and B to cycle through the arrow types.

I would absolutely buy DLC. No questions asked.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
Any tips for dealing with rescue missions as two players? My friend and I have been just co-oping by ourselves and we've been fine on the salvage missions, but we tried a rescue mission a couple times and it's kicking our asses, even on easy. Is this just particularly tuned for a full party? We get incredibly overwhelmed, especially once the boss seems to come to the extraction point and then never leaves.

You have 30 minutes to rescue two people. You can spend the first 10 or 15 just setting up fences around the various spawn points of the enemies. Most of the spawn points are around walls, so you can wall in most of the wanderers with a few gates. I usually put one auto turret right next to the one spawn point closest to the digger and let it go to town. Kill off all the stray wanderers before starting. As for FrostBite, either kill him before you start the rescue or learn to avoid him on the map. He's really not that hard to avoid. Just wait for him to pass before activating the digger and you should be able to get out of his range enough to not have to deal with him. If you're the one carrying the rescue, then equip a single handed pistol, grenades and molotovs. The guy protecting you should have the same plus a shot gun with lots of ammo. Decoy balloons help a lot too.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, lures work on the enemies in Rescue?
I never even used a lure,only ever crystals.
How would you recommend using them?

My mistake. I don't know why I thought lures work during rescue. Just tried some and nothing.

Decoys are great, though.

I played an Easy Rescue mission on solo just now and equipped 10 Shock Decoys and 10 regular Decoys. Rescued both survivors and only was touched once by a stray enemy (who I could have killed with a pistol easily).

Between decoys and fences, you should be good if you were doing solo.

On Reddit, someone suggested building an iron watchtower to block off paths around the digger because of its 4000 durability. Said person also used the Unit Repair ability of the scout to repair them after the wave.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
My mistake. I don't know why I thought lures work during rescue. Just tried some and nothing.

Decoys are great, though.

I played an Easy Rescue mission on solo just now and equipped 10 Shock Decoys and 10 regular Decoys. Rescued both survivors and only was touched once by a stray enemy (who I could have killed with a pistol easily).

Between decoys and fences, you should be good if you were doing solo.

On Reddit, someone suggested building an iron watchtower to block off paths around the digger because of its 4000 durability. Said person also used the Unit Repair ability of the scout to repair them after the wave.
just tried decoys myself. amazingly helpful for rescue
gonna try that iron tower idea, makes sense!

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
I tried the iron tower idea and unlocked the Unit Repair. Both work great.

I covered 2 paths near the digger with them. There's a chance you'll have a small opening on the side where they can come through so you need to position it a little sideways, if possible. If not, it still does a great job blocking them.

After the wave was over, one tower still had about 90% durability and the other had about 70%. Used Unit Repair and both were back to 100%. The cooldown from using the skill is less than a minute so if you need to wait to repair everything you put up, do so. Really helpful.

I'm sure it's known but remember: you don't need an S to get the most BP. On Easy, with a booster, you'll get 600 BP as long as you save all survivors. Grade doesn't affect this.

For Decoys, I recommend the Shock version. Not only does it attract them, but can also stun them, giving you a little more time.

What's the difference between a regular decoy and an active decoy?

Also on Reddit, people suggested putting an iron tower at spawn points. You can do a few things with it..

..either put it directly underneath a spawn that way they land on it, then fall to the ground. Not only taking damage but it slows them down.

..Or place the iron tower underneath, with those spinning saws to kill.

..Or place the tower on the path to block them.

With that Scout perk, you'll have increased Durability for the tower. I read around 6000? Not sure.

I can see why Scout is so great. I stuck with Jaeger but maybe the move and I probably won't leave, lol. Extremely helpful for yourself and the team.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
you can put down ramps as well which the wanderers will run up and then fall down landing on the ground and taking ages to get up.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
After two S rank hard missions with no problem, just had the disconnect happen right on the end of Wave 3 on a third hard salvage. And we had an S rank.

I mean it was literally the instant the wave was over as well.

It really kills the enthusiasm to try another one.