• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
mmx_box_game_solo_white_esrb.jpg

mmx_artboko_pin_solo_white.jpg

mmx_ost_solo_white.jpg

https://store.nisamerica.com/metal-max-xeno-limited-edition-ps4

Bonus: Looks like this is set in a future where Nintendo of America doesn't exist anymore

Czm7qNn.png

source

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like there's no hype for this game, specially with NISA skipping the Vita port.

Oct 27, 2017
That's a nice boxart.

Wish there were more videos of the game online, I still feel like I don't know enough about it yet. Music has a really nice jazzy feel to it though so I'm tempted to get that limited edition.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Feels like there's no hype for this game, specially with NISA skipping the Vita port.

Yeah, the lack of a Vita version puts a serious damper on my excitement. Don't know when/if I'll get around to playing this.

That's a nice boxart.

Wish there were more videos of the game online, I still feel like I don't know enough about it yet. Music has a really nice jazzy feel to it though so I'm tempted to get that limited edition.

Here's a video of the Japanese Vita version with English commentary. I only skipped through it but it's 40mins long and he goes into the stuff a little.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, glad to finally have a date, already got in my LE preorder. So ready!

Last edited:

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Good timing. Leaves some time between it and Dragon Quest XI.

Feels like there's no hype for this game

It's a niche RPG series and this is only the second installment to get translated in a long time. Not a lot of people have even any idea this exists. So no hype because people don't know about it.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Good timing. Leaves some time between it and Dragon Quest XI.

It's a niche RPG series and this is only the second installment to get translated in a long time. Not a lot of people have even any idea this exists. So no hype because people don't know about it.

May I also add the name is terrible?

Adam Sadler

Nov 9, 2017
Maybe my google skills are bad but is this game as open as previous entries in the series or it's more straight forward? Gonna be disappointed if the latter

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Reception in Japan was lukewarm judging the Amazon Japan customer reviews. However, the customer reviews on Amazon Japan are always very critical. Personally I'm looking forward to it, because I love me some Metal Max. I don't think it will be as open as the original games (if I remember correctly I read something like that when browsing through some random Amazon Japan customer reviews but I'm not quite sure), but I'm glad the series is back and we're even getting an English release. September is just an awful time to release it for me personally, because I will be occupied with Dragon Quest XI and Yakuza 2 Kiwami. Will definitely grab it after being done with those two, though.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Of course it's coming out in September. I'm definitely buying it, but it's kind of a crowded month and the game is pretty niche.

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
They're doing this mainly because Kadokawa's the most reliable licensing partner at the moment. I'm sure it's a worthwhile game, too, and they've given it a nice LE, but the marketing push is decidedly low so far.

Reception in Japan was lukewarm judging the Amazon Japan customer reviews. However, the customer reviews on Amazon Japan are always very critical. Personally I'm looking forward to it, because I love me some Metal Max. I don't think it will be as open as the original games (if I remember correctly I read something like that when browsing through some random Amazon Japan customer reviews but I'm not quite sure), but I'm glad the series is back and we're even getting an English release.
While I'd like to support more Metal Max and games like it in English, the preview info turned me off somewhat. It's definitely a less open entry in the series, developed for new players or those who tried to get into earlier installments. Hopefully we get more detailed impressions soon, or maybe I've just missed them.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Anyone else getting this tomorrow? I ended up pre-ordering since it was $32 with Prime and figured it might be a low print run. I noticed purseowner claimed the OT, but they haven't logged in for a month or so.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Anyone else getting this tomorrow? I ended up pre-ordering since it was $32 with Prime and figured it might be a low print run. I noticed purseowner claimed the OT, but they haven't logged in for a month or so.

Oh shit - I'm really sorry!

Illness has kept me away from Era for a while sadly, and I completely forgot this was coming out already. I can't personally afford it this month, so it would be a little odd for me to make the OT. Feel free to make one if you want, but if you'd prefer, I'll gladly sling something together.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Oh shit - I'm really sorry!

Illness has kept me away from Era for a while sadly, and I completely forgot this was coming out already. I can't personally afford it this month, so it would be a little odd for me to make the OT. Feel free to make one if you want, but if you'd prefer, I'll gladly sling something together.
No worries, I made a quick OT since I figured something was probably going on. I was gonna have a mod close mine if you wanted to remake it but I'll just leave it as-is I guess since it seems most other people didn't know it was out either due to NISA not advertising it.