• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Really can't wait for this so this is a shame, but at least it'll be good when it releases.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
is forever bad.

kJGWF1e_d.webp

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This and Advanced Wars getting pushed back. Hopefully both can get released soon enough.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
That's too bad, but I'm not gonna lie, I completely forgot about it, so maybe it was a good idea.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Damn, first Advance Wars, then Midnight Suns, and now Metal Slug Tactics... So many of my most waited strategy games delayed.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
IF most of the games reported to be coming out in 2023 hold...that's gonna be a stacked year. But I think in the age of AAAs after covid, we'll never get back to whatever was considered the norm for announce and release dates.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Dang. When they revealed this, it seemed like a sure fire release this year. nGlad I didn't put it on my Fantasy Critic League.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
A good amount of tactics/strategy games planned for the rest of the year anyway. At least a good amount I'm interested in.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Fine.

Hopefully the delay gives the administrative arm of that company time to figure out how they're going to handle and address the fact that the company is majority owned by a political murderer.

I'm bothered how there aren't more people up in arms about that murdering POS.

People don't wanna talk about it because then it calls into question how many of your favorite games are made by actual high class criminals and how much money you've spent in funding them.

"No ethical consumption under late stage capitalism" is used as an excuse to ignore the problem way too often.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Given the onslaught of tactics games we have been getting and will continue to be getting, this probably isn't the worst thing. There are so many, almost too many. Might be better for the game sales-wise to really make the final product shine and release it next year.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Given the onslaught of tactics games we have been getting and will continue to be getting, this probably isn't the worst thing. There are so many, almost too many. Might be better for the game sales-wise to really make the final product shine and release it next year.
...are there?

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018
I don't think anyone is surprised here. They haven't shown anything except that short trailer way back earlier in the year. Take your time!

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Without entering in the SA and SNK relationship, I want to remember that this game even if uses a SNK property, it's published by DotEmu. We don't know the deal between both parties, but usually most of the money goes to the publisher and the IP owner only received a money to license the IP and/or a % of the sales.

Last edited:

Vaskie

Oct 27, 2017
I am really sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead but has there been any update on Metal Slug Tactics ?

It almost feels as if it was revealed too early and they didn't have much of a game at that point.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
I am really sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead but has there been any update on Metal Slug Tactics ?

It almost feels as if it was revealed too early and they didn't have much of a game at that point.

bruh . . .

if there were an update you wouldn't be bumping a year old thread

Vaskie

Oct 27, 2017
bruh . . .

if there were an update you wouldn't be bumping a year old thread

Rude ?

Not at all the case. Not everyone is fully up to par with news on every game, that would imply spending a lot of time on ERA, Reddit, Twitter and so on to keep track of all games.

I know Dotemu every so often gives snippets on their twitter but I hadn't heard of anything for a while so I thought I would ask

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Well that was rebooted...
4,5 years ago yes, I'm very much aware :p. I was just joking in the sense that about as much time has passed between MP4's announcement (June 2017) and the announcement of the reboot (Jan 2019), as Metal Slug's announcement (Summer 2021) and now.

Both games will come when they're ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.