• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...-pc-launching-exclusively-on-epic-games-store

Another big PC game is skipping Steam, as Deep Silver and Epic Games today announced Metro Exodus for the PC will launch February 15 exclusively on the Epic Games store.

"Epic's generous revenue terms are a game changer that will allow publishers to invest more into content creation, or pass on savings to the players," Deep Silver CEO Dr. Klemens Kundratitz said. "By teaming up with Epic we will be able to invest more into the future of Metro and our ongoing partnership with series developer 4A Games, to the benefit of our Metro fans."

The Epic Games store takes 12% of all revenues earned on the platform, while Steam commands a 30% cut that scales down to 20% on revenues once a title surpasses $50 million in sales. As for passing the savings on to the consumers, the standard edition of the game will sell for $50 on the storefront, as opposed to the $60 preorders had been listed for on Steam (But only for the US). (Deep Silver and Epic said those who have already preordered Metro Exodus through Steam or other digital storefronts will be able to download and play the game as they had expected.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Hoo boy

Cheaper too, 50$ for standard due to the lower cut. Thank you "competition."

Edit: Guess only in the big ol' US and A

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
giphy.gif

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Fuck.

It's been preorderable on Steam for a long time, too. Bummer.

At $66.50 Canadian, even. Something tells me it won't be that cheap on Epic.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The Epic Games store takes 12% of all revenues earned on the platform, while Steam commands a 30% cut that scales down to 20% on revenues once a title surpasses $50 million in sales. As for passing the savings on to the consumers, the standard edition of the game will sell for $50 on the storefront, as opposed to the $60 preorders had been listed for on Steam. (Deep Silver and Epic said those who have already preordered Metro Exodus through Steam or other digital storefronts will be able to download and play the game as they had expected.)

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh they are already selling the game on Steam. Still are. Are they going to revoke people's games? If so holy shit, Epic are absurd pieces of shit as are the publishers willing to do this.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
The Epic Games store takes 12% of all revenues earned on the platform, while Steam commands a 30% cut that scales down to 20% on revenues once a title surpasses $50 million in sales. As for passing the savings on to the consumers, the standard edition of the game will sell for $50 on the storefront, as opposed to the $60 preorders had been listed for on Steam. (Deep Silver and Epic said those who have already preordered Metro Exodus through Steam or other digital storefronts will be able to download and play the game as they had expected.)
Should add this to the OP

They are definitely in it for the bigger cut.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Steam page notice:

Notice: Later today, sales of Metro Exodus will be discontinued on Steam due to a publisher decision to make the game exclusive to another PC store.

The developer and publisher have assured us that all prior sales of the game on Steam will be fulfilled on Steam, and Steam owners will be able to access the game and any future updates or DLC through Steam.

We think the decision to remove the game is unfair to Steam customers, especially after a long pre-sale period. We apologize to Steam customers that were expecting it to be available for sale through the February 15th release date, but we were only recently informed of the decision and given limited time to let everyone know.

ed: Might fucking pre-order it on Steam now then.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Another AAA 3rd party skips Steam. It's no longer the platform it used to be.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
(Deep Silver and Epic said those who have already preordered Metro Exodus through Steam or other digital storefronts will be able to download and play the game as they had expected.)

Thank fuck .. I already have it pre ordered on Steam.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Huh they are already selling the game on Steam. Still are. Are they going to revoke people's games? If so holy shit, Epic are absurd pieces of shit as are the publishers willing to do this.

From the OP:

(Deep Silver and Epic said those who have already preordered Metro Exodus through Steam or other digital storefronts will be able to download and play the game as they had expected.)

They also lowered the price to $50 because of the Epic Store taking less revenue.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017

So they are pissing off countless consumers over $2 a copy? Seems pretty... stupid?

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Fucks sake, I might cave and get it on epic since i really want to play that game, but the exclusive tactics really bothers me.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Besides it explicitly stating otherwise in the article, under what precedent or even logic do you think they would revoke preorders

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Once again, easy thing for me to skip if it's not on steam. I won't see it on my wishlists, emails/push messages I get about discounts, or anything.

Oh well this game looked cool. I have 1000 other games I could play already anyway.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018

What's the issue? You're not going to be charged any money. They are pieces of shit because they decided they can take their goods and sell them somewhere else?

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing. So far I have seen no communication as to why I, as a customer, should chose the Epic Store, other than "because you'll have no choice due to exclusivity" to which my reply would be, "but oh I do".

Ja-

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I already pre-ordered Metro Exodus on Steam. What happens to my order?
Your pre-order on Steam will be honored, and you will be able to download and play Metro Exodus on release day (15th February 2019).

If I pre-ordered the Gold Edition on Steam, will I still get my future Expansion Pass on Steam?
Yes, your Expansion Pack content will become available for download via Steam, when released.

Will I still get my pre-order bonuses - the Digital Artbook and Official Soundtrack on Steam?
Yes, your pre-order bonuses will be honored and delivered by Steam.

I ordered the Standard Edition - will I be able to purchase the Expansion Pass in the future on Steam?
Yes, if you own the Standard Edition on Steam, you will be able to purchase the Expansion Pass or standalone DLC on Steam when it releases in the future.

Does the Epic Store have any exclusive or timed exclusive DLC?
No. All future DLC for Metro Exodus will be released simultaneously on all platforms.

Are there any differences in content between the version on the Epic Games store and the version on Steam?
No, they have the same pre-order bonuses and in-game content. All future title updates, patches, and free and premium DLC will be released simultaneously across both versions.

Will Metro Exodus ever return to Steam?
Yes - Metro Exodus will return to Steam and on other store fronts after 14th February 2020.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/412020/announcements/detail/1691566844143825496