• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
I don't understand why it needs to be exclusive to the Epic Store? I mean I use multiple stores so I'm not one of this "no steam no buy" types but they really should take away store options. PC should always be open to choice as it always has been.
Because Epic knows only a minuscule percentage would buy from Epic if the same game is available on Steam.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
*looks around* Is this a game console?

Why should the PC plateform follow what game consoles do? Fitting that someone that spends his time console warring would say something like this.

Why? Well for starters they release their games on both. Second of all you can buy it right now still on Steam, so go do that. Third the suggested retail price is now lower on Epic than the suggested retail price on Steam.

Console warrioring? You seem upset I am using a game they sell on the PC and game consoles, maybe you own a game console and should buy it there if you are that upset.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
people complain about Valve having a monopoly but Epic are literally trying to get one.

They are trying to put other stores out of business by buying exclusivity

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You might not care about cloud saves, universal controller support, linux support, family sharing, streaming to other devices on your network (including easily streaming to a TV or phone/tablet), community forums, guides, etc

Many, many other gamers do. The epic store supports absolutely none of them. Likening those features to the ability to customize the fucking colour of a button is outrageous.

Well yeah I don't think any one of those features matter at all, it's window dressing. I get why some people would appreciate them, but don't get people going nuclear over epic not having them.

LuckyLocke

Avenger
Nov 27, 2017
So much drama over trivial stuff.

If the game is cheaper over there I might actually order it from the Epic store...

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to PC store fronts, just built a gaming PC a few months ago. What is exactly wrong with the Epic Store? I was planning on getting this game on PC after checking out reviews, but I want to know what I'm getting myself into.
Steam has a ton of features and advantages that the Epic Games Store does not. Even Origin is better in that regard.

Jan 29, 2018
It should, because the Link just mirrors what you have on your desktop. I play non-Steam games on it all the time.

The only exception was when they were banning people from Destiny 2 for using overlays.

Nice. I may try out some Subnautica with the Steam Link then. The free games from the Epuc Store have been awesome (I haven't actually spent any money there yet).

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Honestly, it can't be understated how hypocritical it is to make the digital release epic store exclusive "because of the revenue share" while simulataniously still selling steamkeys in your retail copies that the publisher can generate for free.

Unless the info about retail copies containing steamkeys is actually wrong, they will literally get a bunch of free shit from valve effectively costing them (valve) money.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Thank Epic and Deep silver passing savings to customers.

PZG1DoQ.png

yCLFL5i.png

Wait what?
Wait.. Koch media..? As in THE Koch bros?

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Windows 10 has built in streaming support. Windows Key + G.
The game bar only works with Mixer and even if it didn't, setting up another account on an external site and sending viewers there is still far more complicated than just having the game show up.

Edit: Mixer also doesn't support private/unlisted streams and I'm not particularly keen on having my gameplay broadcast to the entire world.

Wait.. Koch media..? As in THE Koch bros?
Different Koch.

Last edited:

d00d3n

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
This won't affect my long-standing Steam pre-order for the Gold edition, but as a huge fan of the series, it is a bit disappointing that they will mainly sell an inferior version of the game to PC users. I am not sure why the publisher decided to do this. More confidence in a payout from Epic games than in the game actually selling decently?

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Well it's good that by default the game seems to be less on their store, but that's the only place to get it. In the UK it's £50 in the store, but I could have got a Steam key for £38 already when not buying directly on Steam.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
Exactly. Most of the Epic Games Store defenders believe that folks just want the game on Steam which is far from the truth. If Metro Exodus were on both stores and you can save $10 more on EGS compared to Steam, there will be little to complain about because EGS are competing by offering a lower price. Yanking away a game from a storefront to be put exclusively on another storefront isn't competing at all.

Yep makes perfect sense and its a better way to get people buying into your platform it feels less insulting to the customer base.

Ah, remember when Tim Sweeney was the savior PC guy / hated walled gardens? lol times change.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Another utterly shitty move by Epic. I've got the game preordered in Steam but if I haven't I certainly wouldn't support this moneyhatting "exclusivity" crap and would simply ignore the game until it would appear in other storefronts.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Well yeah I don't think any one of those features matter at all, it's window dressing. I get why some people would appreciate them, but don't get people going nuclear over epic not having them.
Good for ya I guess. But if you want people to buy from your store, offer customers some basic features that other store have. Lack of cloud saves in 2019 is dumbfounding.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
It's the top seller on Steam now. I guess that's partly because it's now the cheaper option for many?

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
Kinda fucked 2 weeks prior to release, especially when all Metro games have been on Steam.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this has very little to do with Epic's profit sharing model and more to do with the amount of money they got paid for the timed exclusivity. See you in 2020, Metro Exodus!

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
They were handed $$$$$$.
Because they are getting paid to do so?

Unless you believe Deep Silver decided TWO WEEKS before release that Steam is godawful and they should run for a exclusive deal with Epic no with finacial deal in place?
Because they are getting paid for it. It's a platform launch, they want to get on the ground floor and they are being remunerated for it.
Epic is paying them.
Ah that's low but understandable

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
How nice of them to show me that the only consumers who matters are from the US.

All they want is the headline that they are leaving Steam for the Epic store and giving out a price cut to 'select' consumers.

They just want the headlines, regardless of the fact that everyone but the US gets gouged.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
Valve: drop to 15% globally, not ifs, no buts, and you can squash this little ant right now if you want to. Don't let pride and/or apathy be your undoing.