• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I'm skipping this game until a post-february 2020 sale it seems.

Also, from the Steam store page:

nkDpA8.png

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the issue? You're not going to be charged any money. They are pieces of shit because they decided they can take their goods and sell them somewhere else?
You are charged at the point of purchase.
And yes, they are pieces of shit for accepting such a moneyhat and Epic is a piece of shit for offering it.

qssm

Oct 26, 2017
And I was pretty damn excited for this. Oh well I do have other games to play so maybe things will change eventually.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind it. One more game to add to my Epic Launcher library! It must suck for Steam-only people though.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great, my most anticipated game, preordered with aurora edition (and paid for), now locked behing Epic's bullshit featureless store.

FUCK YOU EPIC. Cancelling the preorder.

Kurumi

Oct 26, 2017
So what you're saying is I better go ahead and buy it on Steam before they remove it. I was trying to wait to see if GMG would ever start selling the pc version but oh well.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Fuck off.

Hope cdkeys will still be able to provide me a Steam key since they aren't official resellers. Will cancel my preorder if not.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why are people so pissed? Why do people give a damn about behind the scenes dealing? You get a game for cheap. Does the epic loader crash computers or something?

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Well it's time to make an epic store account...

So if i search a steam key right now it's already to late??

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Disappointing. So far I have seen no communication as to why I, as a customer, should chose the Epic Store, other than "because you'll have no choice due to exclusivity" to which my reply would be, "but oh I do".

My stance on this really. I see no reason to pick Epic store over Steam as of right now. So their loss. Annoying practice by Epic and co.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be curious if this bet seriously pays off. Getting a bigger cut means jack if you don't actually have the sales.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone please explain to me why they're ditching steam recently and going for Epic store? Is it because they get a higher cut of the sales or there's something else I'm not aware of?
Seeing as it's already announced to be a 1 year Epic Store exclusive, the "lower cut" excuse is bullshit.
They merely got a nice money bag from Epic to keep it away from Steam.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Damn.

Valve is going to have to respond to this at some point though they probably make enough money from the shovel-ware garbage infesting Steam, trading cards and CS:GO/TF2 markets to not worry about it for a while.

Glad to see competition even though one part of me would just rather have all my games on Steam.

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty nice that they're honoring steam pre-orders.

Passing on savings to customers is also pretty excellent. The publisher/developer being able to issue greater discounts whenever they want should be a pretty nice bonus in the future

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
User Banned (3 days): advocating piracy
And I had it pre ordered on cdkeys.....will check with them if they're gonna provide a steam key, if not, I'm gonna go back to pirating every single game that comes out exclusively on the Epic Store.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Good, one less game for me to purchase in February. I have all the other Metro games on Steam, guess I won't be expanding my collection.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Steam be making changes to their contracts I bet.

How do games that makes over 50 million get a better discount on steam? Maybe it's flew over my head but the reasoning for that?