• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Right... it's a successful series on PC... If the 3rd one isn't successful on Epic, it's because a bunch of babies didn't want to support the developers. Epic runs a business.. they want people to notice their store and have exclusive content there.

Trust me... you wouldn't love to see my reaction if Valve started moneyhatting exclusives... because I've been begging them to do that for years now. They want to be PC's premier gaming platform... then act like it. Get exclusives... fund development studios for exclusives. Keep bringing new and exciting features and client updates... Integrate game libraries from other clients into Steam (like Playnite does) ect ect ect...

Steam (Valve)... as the proclaimed face of PC gaming, could be doing much more than they have been.. but nobody says anything because they're the most feature filled client out there. (also the oldest out of the main ones)

The Steam only PC gamers out there need to wake up.. support games that release on the Epic store if they like those games, and help Epic become a serious Steam competitor so both push to outdo each other. Buying Steam keys on online stores for cheaper doesn't do shit to help that....

This has got to be the most batshit thing ive read in regards to pc gaming in s loooong time. Steam paying for exclusivity? Nah fuck that noise. I'd rather see them throw a bunch of money towards a dev to throw their game on EVERY store just to keep this platform as open as possible. No one is being childish for refusing to use the epic store, not buying games there is the only way to show consumers are not happy with the tactics they have been pulling. Leave the garbage your suggesting in the console space. The reason most of us play on pc is to have more options not less

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
The idiot "client war" fanboys are going to cost PC getting games in the future. The feeling that you've been personally wronged... the unwillingness to use anything other than Steam... the perceived moral high ground of "fair competition"... PC is and can be so much more than just Steam and keys purchased elsewhere...

The funny thing is the people that just say... "No Steam, no buy" or "If it's not on Steam, I'm just going to get it for consoles..." Like as if it's any damn different at that point lmao..

If you like the game...and you think the price asked is fair, then you should buy the game where it's offered and where it helps developers the most.. assuming you'd like to continue seeing games in the future.

I couldn't ever understand being hyped for a game, being a fan of the series, and then boycott the game because it's simply being offered on a different client on the same platform. If the game and all of it's features are supported in full... I can see no issue with it.

I hope the Epic store becomes successful as hell, and they bring more games to PC which wouldn't have been otherwise. I'm a PC gamer... not a Steam only gamer.
At this point, I'm not gonna engage with people who clearly didn't bother to read the thread and attempt to understand why people are angry. All I'm going to say is: we are lucky you're in the minority

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game isn't being developed on Linux... you're not entitled to play the game...

Sorry.. not sorry :/
Proton is a feature that people no longer can use (easily, at least) on this game thanks to Epic. People have the right to be annoyed by this.

Deep Silver are not entitled to our money. If we get a worse product, or one we can no longer use, we are within our right to want to put our money elsewhere instead.

Deleted member 10852

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yea, that's what it is. Anytime someone disagrees... they just haven't read the thread :rollseyes:

really you should read why people are mad, is not just installing a launcher, is moneyhatting, is anti cosumer, is more expensive in some regions, destroy the key resellers (gmc, humble, etc), i cant play in linux, i cant share my library because epic dont have family sharing, no cloud saves, etc,etc.

people are tired for responding the same again and again and again.
You play on PC in the first place?

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
Nintendo money hat Platinum to get Bayonetta 3.
No one complained.

For fucks' sake how the fuck does that even compare, Bayonetta 3 was bankrolled by Nintendo from start to finish, Metro was two weeks away from releasing on Steam, Epic didn't do shit to help develop the game nor even publish it.

Worst analogy ever.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Yea, that's what it is. Anytime someone disagrees... they just haven't read the thread :rollseyes:

Your initial post seemed like a long way of just saying "it's just a different launcher guys". There's tons of posts explaining the disparity in features and things you lose by being forced into the Epic launcher.

Of course we can all hope it gets better though. If they stop stealing games for exclusivity and actually provide some worthwhile features, I'd like to see what stuff they plan on making.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Just a question Guarana, did you start reading pc topics after the small PC-trolling in the "In the end everybody is winning" thread as you said here ? Cause otherwise, that doesnt picture a good picture of you not being actively a troll in that topic.

Nintendo money hat Platinum to get Bayonetta 3.
No one complained.
? People complained a lot about Bayo 2, until it was known that the game would not have existed without Nintendo funding. These games were about to launch in Steam and were money hatted not to do so.

Deleted member 10852

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
what's the big problem about getting this game on Epic Store? What's so special about Steam?
Plus, the game will be cheaper.

I don't get it all this crying over something that will literally have no effect in your life.

And don't come with "I wanna have the right to chose" because untill a couple of months ago Steam was the viable only store available. Now there are at least two fighting for your money.

You'll still be able to play it on your damn PC anyway. Makes literally no difference.

Unless Epic is some nazi-lenient company allowing pró-facism speach in their store... That would change things.

you play on PC?
check my bad summary above

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
The game isn't being developed on Linux... you're not entitled to play the game...

Sorry.. not sorry :/

Even without Proton, previous games have native Linux versions.
Very likely that this would've been too.

what's the big problem about getting this game on Epic Store? What's so special about Steam?
Plus, the game will be cheaper.

Some people live outside US though...

yCLFL5i.png

PZG1DoQ.png

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Trolling, history of antagonizing community users

Now we can stop quoting him, thank you.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right... it's a successful series on PC... If the 3rd one isn't successful on Epic, it's because a bunch of babies didn't want to support the developers. Epic runs a business.. they want people to notice their store and have exclusive content there.
The Steam only PC gamers out there need to wake up.. support games that release on the Epic store if they like those games, and help Epic become a serious Steam competitor so both push to outdo each other. Buying Steam keys on online stores for cheaper doesn't do shit to help that....
No the epic defenders need to wake up and realize that these decisions only make people dislike epic and the epic store handling of exclusives even more. If this leads to the games failing than that's on nobody but epic, the developer and publisher, It's not on customers.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
Even without Proton, previous games have native Linux versions.
Very likely that this would've been too.

Some people live outside US though...

yCLFL5i.png

PZG1DoQ.png

People in Argentina and China can't even access the store. I can't buy games using a CC, I use Steam gift cards, but hey it's good because CoMpEtItIoN!1!1!

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
dude, you just need to donwload a new client, it's not like you'll have to spend 400 dollars on a new console.

Regurgitating and copy and pasting the standard talking points under the guise of just asking questions while ignoring everything that's been said a thousand times in (by now probably actually) hundreds of threads.

One gets banned. The next comes in. It's like a clone army getting churned out by some factory.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Be sure to leave out the part about Epic throwing money at them to do so.
Isn't that one of those things that goes without saying?
Also leave out the part where those games were already announced for Steam. Had betas on Steam. Had preorders on Steam. Be sure not to mention any of those things. The narrative is developers are choosing to leave Steam and PC gamers are blowing this out of proportion.
Developers are leaving Steam. EA is gone. Bethesda is going. Ubisoft is already making signs of leaving. Activision has already moved their flagships off. This is not some teeny little trend you can handwave away. We are seeing two things happen very strongly. Big publishers are moving their big games to their own launchers. And secondly, the platforms are squabbling over third parties. You are gonna see way, way more of it once Google starts throwing their weight around. Of course Google's platform is streaming based. But I imagine they might have a launcher as a stopgap as they attempt to destroy traditional game ownership and all that stuff.
Maybe Sony should start throwing money at Capcom and Square to keep games of Xbox and Switch. Then we can say developers are choosing to leave Microsoft and Nintendo, and console users are being unfair.
Hardware and software platforms are not comparable on account of one of them costing hundreds of dollars and the other costing approximately... zero dollars. This has always been the complaint against console exclusivity. That you can't use the device you want. Software platforms are different. (At least for now. There could be complications with subscription-based streaming platform exclusivity.)

Deleted member 10852

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Look, I swear I'm not trolling.
I just wanna know what's behind this. So, if someone could please share me some link, I might change my mind.

Seriously.
is moneyhatting, is anti cosumer, is more expensive in some regions, destroy the key resellers (gmc, humble, etc), i cant play in linux, i cant share my library because epic dont have family sharing, no cloud saves, no steam link, bpm.

i know you are from US, but in Chile is a different story, we here can use a lot local payment methods, in epic is no possible.

what are my benefits for buy in epic vs steam?

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Regurgitating and copy and pasting the standard talking points under the guise of just asking questions while ignoring everything that's been said a thousand times in (by now probably actually) hundreds of threads.

One gets banned. The next comes in. It's like a clone army getting churned out by some factory.

Can't blame the PC crowd here being constantly annoyed, it feels like these threads get way more trolls than most others.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Allegedly some dev from 4A Games responded to whole situation.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/412020/discussions/0/1780513643852520184/

In short if game under performs on PC he thinks that they will skip PC next time.
One would expect developer to not be dumb and see the bigger picture of how harmful third-party exclusives are to PC gaming as a whole, and one would be disappointed. This really isn't about unwillingness to spend couple minutes installing a launcher.

Threatening to not make PC version at all? That takes the cake.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
So, about the dev post, I looked at his profile and someone thanked him for making a Metro game back in the 2010. Take it as you will.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least crop it to the relevant bit so it's easy to see what the intended message is. Already seen one guy not see the massive red box.

I really wish someone screenshot this page before the exclusivity deal.

So, about the dev post, I looked at his profile and someone thanked him for making a Metro game back in the 2010. Take it as you will.

Well that adds to the evidence a little bit. Willing to consider that it's actually a dev post now

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018

Yep, feels like we're back to mid 2000's PC gaming, where if the game bombs then we're all pirates.... Sigh....

First two games sold a tonne on PC and they were on Steam, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out...

ezodagrom

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Look, I swear I'm not trolling.
I just wanna know what's behind this. So, if someone could please share me some link, I might change my mind.

Seriously.
1- Metro was announced for Steam, was advertised for Steam, was advertised on Steam, it was already available for pre-order on Steam, then Epic bribed Deep Silver to make it exclusive to the Epic Store. PC users hate this kind of anti-consumer practices.
2- People like to say that Steam is a "monopoly", but this is the reality:

The way Steam works, publishers/developers can freely sell Steam keys on 3rd party stores, these 3rd party stores compete among themselves and with Steam itself by offering cheaper prices to the consumers using their own part of the cut (the 30% cut those stores receive, they use a part of that as a discount for the consumers). Meanwhile Epic sells the games only on their own store, there's no price competition with 3rd party stores. Even if the games end up at the same price as on Steam or even slightly cheaper, it's still more expensive than it would have been in the 3rd party stores that actually compete with Steam.

3- Epic client doesn't have any features. Steam has alot of very useful features that users make use of.
Steam isn't perfect and has room for alot of improvements, but it's leagues ahead of the Epic client. The Epic client is more lacking than even Origin and Uplay, let alone Steam.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, feels like we're back to mid 2000's PC gaming, where if the game bombs then we're all pirates.... Sigh....
A few of us predicted this, along with an actual increase in piracy, when the Epic store was announced and we got first wind of exclusivity deals along with their non-existent features.

Epic really are taking PC gaming back 15 years.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
They didn't? They fund development for Bayonetta 3, same as they did for Bayonetta 2. Both games would not exist without Nintendo.
So you are trolling lol

Yep I remember being upset right until I heard the game literally would not exist without Nintendo funding it. Then it being exclusive was perfectly justified.