• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work

Deleted member 3058

Oct 25, 2017

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thank God for 'competition'. Look at all this positive change in action.

The fact that they're continuing to upload their trailers and news for the game on Steam because they simply can't on Epic store is preeeeety fuckin' funny

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To add to the already huge pile of garbage, Deep Silver keep being abusing their sjit and continue to use Steam to market their game

https://steamcommunity.com/games/412020/announcements/detail/1728722175258235230

What a scummy company. Or shall I say companies. I hope this game bombs on PC (if it does great on console thats cool tho), would be a good source of schadenfreude in regards to Epic and Deep Silver.

Also not buying the game anymore. Not going to support these anti-consumer moves

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
So what? The game is coming to Steam. For people who pre-order and then next year. Who said they can't advertise the game on Steam since it will be released there?

What? what kind of company advertises to a store they no long sell to?

What kind of disengeous excuse is this? Why would the people that pre-ordered need an advertisement? is that what normal companies do? advertise to people that already paid for that exact product?

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New news, new thread?

They should just advertise the new features/trailers for the game on the only digital storefront they are selling the game on.
It would just be locked, just like other news stories. For example:

Epic Store puts payment processing costs onto customers: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ep...ustomers-using-certain-payment-methods.93026/

Metro creator being unhappy with the exclusivity deal: https://www.resetera.com/threads/dm...-metro-exodus-going-to-epic-games-store.96577

Deleted member 3190

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would people that already paid need advertisement?
Wait. You're complaining that your getting advertisements for a product you need to go elsewhere to buy? That's pretty much true of all ads on the internet. The only party that should take issue with that is Valve, and it's likely completely in their control to stop it if they want.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Lol wtf? Why are these getting locked

All Epic Store news must be confined in one thread for some reason.

Wait. You're complaining that your getting advertisements for a product you need to go elsewhere to buy? That's pretty much true of all ads on the internet. The only party that should take issue with that is Valve, and it's likely completely in their control to stop it if they want.

Wait. You're saying it's normal when a company pulls a product from a certain storefront, but keeps using that storefront to advertise that product?

Wow...

m_dorian

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece

People do not seem to like it though and that leaves a bad impression on Deep Silver/THQ/Koch.

The Cellar Letters

lmayo
Oct 25, 2017
That's gross.
It's like Burger King stealing a Big Mac from McDonald's, forbidding McDonald's from selling Big Macs, and then standing inside McDonald's and saying "hey come to Burger King if you want a Big Mac!"

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 3058

Oct 25, 2017

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Do GameStop advertise products you can only buy at Amazon or WalMart?

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Well, when only a single PC storefront is buying exclusive deals I don't know how else to read this part

"We do not want to categorically exclude the possibility of timed exclusives for any of our games in the future, but speaking in the here and now, we definitely want to have the players choose the platform of their liking and make our portfolio available to as many outlets as possible." doesn't really mean "open / looking for signing a deal with EGS". It's actually more like the opposit of your statement

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
THQ Nordic is openly against this whole thing, so don't think too badly of them.

Their comment really left the door open for them doing more or less the same thing so I'm not gonna pretend like Biomutant isn't the next obvious pick to get pulled from Steam.

Anyway, I think it's in Valve's best interest to not burn any bridges. I feel like they want to weather this by doing what they've been doing which is providing a service with a customer base so significant that it's just kind of stupid to not release on their service.

"We do not want to categorically exclude the possibility of timed exclusives for any of our games in the future, but speaking in the here and now, we definitely want to have the players choose the platform of their liking and make our portfolio available to as many outlets as possible." doesn't really mean "open / looking for signing a deal with EGS". It's actually more like the opposit of your statement

A game like Biomutant which runs on UE4 and feels like it will do ho-hum in sales despite being pretty exciting looking makes it seem like an easy choice for an exclusive snag. I agree that their Tweet ends on a suggestion that they won't, but it's really hard to ignore the fact the one of the biggest singleplayer shooters of the year got removed from Steam literally two weeks before release. I appreciate your trust in THQ's commitments to putting their games on a variety of platforms, but Epic is playing some serious hardball.

Last edited:

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it's bizarre to me that news that could be send as favourable to Epic justifies a new thread, but news negative to them does not.

Not sure exactly what the policy is here. I think the mods here generally do a great job, but I don't think they're handling this stuff well.