• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Metro Exodus - Hype Check (Up: see staff post)

Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Maybe someone here can make the decision for me and help me choose.
I will get the game 100% but I don't know if I should go PC or PS4 Pro ?
I have a GTX 970 and an I5 - 4590. As long as I get 60fps/1080p at... medium maaaayyyybe some high settings, i think I'm good.
Unless you want to reward Deep Silver and Epic for their exclusivity deal, I'd say buy the ps4 version.

I was fairly hyped for it, but I've learned to let patience prevail. Not buying it on Epic. Publishers need to realize that a bigger cut is meaningless if you're moving far fewer copies overall. Plus, by the time it hits Steam, it'll be fully patched and possibly cheaper. Win-win.

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Haven't played Metro thus far, but I'm hyped for exodus thanks to its gorgeous trailers. Already got 1 & 2 via Game Pass and got the first novel. I'm fascinated by the Metro universe.

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to it. I really hope it's as bleak as the other games, they're relentlessly miserable and I love them.

Just finishing up Last Light for the nth time, did 2033 again a while back. They're great games, I'm intrigued to see how the semi open world feels.

Oct 28, 2017
I wish this was released a month later. Apex legends has me hooked. Crackdown is on gamepass. My backlog is overflowing.

I Need to finish both metro games before I get into this.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope digital foundry will do detailed raytracing analysis before release, I want to know if 2080Ti would be worth it.

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Where's the staff post?
To the right of the listing of page numbers, took me a while to understand what they meant.

Mostly excited for the rtx support, adore the first two games but none of the footage I’ve seen seems to imply it has the world reactiveness of stalker and few open world games have detail like TW3 but we’ll see in a few days. Got it on steam before it was removed.

Oct 25, 2017
MA
I was extremely excited for it and still am. But I wasn't going to buy it at launch because I'm planning on upgrading my PC and guaranteeing 1440p/60. With the exclusivity deal, I'll be waiting as I'm not a fan of Epic's methods.

Mar 29, 2018
To the right of the listing of page numbers, took me a while to understand what they meant.

Mostly excited for the rtx support, adore the first two games but none of the footage I’ve seen seems to imply it has the world reactiveness of stalker and few open world games have detail like TW3 but we’ll see in a few days. Got it on steam before it was removed.
Wow, that's crazy. Thanks for the tip. I reckon the Staff Post button needs a minor redesign of reposition so it stands out a bit.

Oct 25, 2017
Still didn't play the previous ones, heard great things about the series though, and already own both anyway. I'll try to play at least 2033 this year. Which version is better on PC? Are the remasters good? I own both.

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
The first few hours of the game on PS4 Pro:

I've only flicked through the video but the game seems to be polished.
looks fucking awesome, now i am even more hyped. i had a feeling this game will be special and it seems like this is a tremendous step forward for the franchise and fans of the former games.

Oct 25, 2017
Was more excited prior to their Epic fiasco. So i bought it full price on steam before they took it down, meaning im refunding this if reviews arent glowing. I would have picked it up cheaper on another site otherwise. Im definitely more skeptical than excited right now.

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, ON
It comes out on my birthday and I am taking the day off to play it, so yes. Grabbing it on XB1X since my PC is a bit dusty (haven't upgraded anything in about 5 years, still on a 980) and I'm going through the previous Metros on XB1X since they were added to Game Pass.

Oct 25, 2017
This game was one of my main reasons for getting a Xbox One X, but I think I have too many games to play right now (especially so close to RE2). I'll probably get it during the summer, or maybe I'll take advantage of that Target buy 2, get 1 one free.

Oct 25, 2017
Skövde, Sweden
As much as I am a bit miffed about the Epic Store exclusivity, since I wanted all my Metro games in one convenient spot, I am still looking forward to the game. I love the Metro games.