• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
going 2 be playing anrhem and crackdown 3, will do metro after, will be my 2nd game wit ray tracing

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
If this isn't The Witcher 3 of the Metro franchise, then I'm out for good. I've somewhat enjoyed the last two games, but I could never really get into them on a story or gameplay level.

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Yeah hope this reviews good. Was looking forward to it but my hype dropped considerably after i found out its open-world. If it get reviewed good and the open-world is really meaningfull i might pick it up next week

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Are we really getting these crap comments of "the release is in a year" in every Metro thread for a year?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Yeah hope this reviews good. Was looking forward to it but my hype dropped considerably after i found out its open-world. If it get reviewed good and the open-world is really meaningfull i might pick it up next week

it is no open world game though...there are 4 big "wide linear" areas in the game but once you leave an area you can´t go back. you are free to explore the area though and there is stuff hidden.

so, you can just play through in a linear fashion or take longer with exploring the areas.

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Before the whole EGS debacle, I would've said this was Metro's big chance to be a break out hit. Anthem, Division 2, Crackdown, and KH3 all seem disappointing, leaving Metro to come from nowhere and rule the start of the year (w/ RE2.)

King Onion

Oct 27, 2017
Fairly interested. I apparently am a spineless Neanderthal since I don't care what store I get it from and $10 bucks off usual retail price is pretty nice. I've tried the previous games but only completed Last Light so I might play 2033 before I get this one however. I was also planning to get Dirt Rally 2.0 this month, and Sekiro next, so it ultimately might be a while until I get to it.

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
it is no open world game though...there are 4 big "wide linear" areas in the game but once you leave an area you can´t go back. you are free to explore the area though and there is stuff hidden.

so, you can just play through in a linear fashion or take longer with exploring the areas.

A bit like Madagascar from U4 then? Thats lots better

Deleted member 7450

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Hyped yet conflicted.

Still on the fence about EGS. I have been enjoying the free stuff but putting money still feels like a commitment to stuff I'm not quite sure I'm ok with.

Plus Sekiro is coming next month, I still need more RAM, I'm trying to sell my GPU and get a different one, I still have maaaaaaany stuff to finish and so on & so forth *first world problems*

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are we really getting these crap comments of "the release is in a year" in every Metro thread for a year?
It's a bit naive to expect every single person to be hyped about the game especially after what happened to PC version. This thread is for hype check and obviously not everyone is hyped for the game. Not sure what you are complaining about here. Comments like "Oh fuck I'm so hyped!!!" could be considered crap commens that don't add anything to discussion as well yet you aren't complaining about them.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
It's a bit naive to expect every single person to be hyped about the game especially after what happened to PC version. This thread is for hype check and obviously not everyone is hyped for the game. Not sure what you are complaining about here. Comments like "Oh fuck I'm so hyped!!!" could be considered crap commens that don't add anything to discussion as well yet you aren't complaining about them.
Because those are related to the release in a couple of days. And are not drive by comments like in every Metro thread now.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018

What fucking purpose does shitposting about the digital storefront its on serve in a thread about the game?

People have too much free time.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
A bit like Madagascar from U4 then? Thats lots better

yeah

essentially you are on a journey through Russia in a train and there are different stations in the different seasons over the course of a year where you can explore large areas in every season but once you are done with the area and decide to go back to the train you continue the journey with no way back. The Train itself is like a "hub" in the sense that there are people to talk to between the different areas of the game.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
The EGS exclusivity deal killed all the hype for me, since I refuse to support any games involved in such deals.

I do hope the game does well on consoles tho, so we'll get more Metro games in the future.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't going to get this at launch, but if impressions are good, I'd love to pick it up down the line. Still need to play through the previous two games though, so it'll be a while.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
Because those are related to the release in a couple of days. And are not drive by comments like in every Metro thread now.

How is it a drive by? Its a "hype check" thread and the EGS stuff has killed the hype for some people, besides the news threads this is probably the most appropriate place for those posts.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
How is it a drive by? Its a "hype check" thread and the EGS stuff has killed the hype for some people, besides the news threads this is probably the most appropriate place for those posts.
Because we know it by now. Its on the Epic store and not on Steam no need to post it everytime. There are even a dedicated threads to it. Post there.
With every Metro thread its the same now. And i see the review thread and OT also being a victim of that. Not everyone plays on PC or are bothered with what is going on that we dont need to see every thread filled with the same comments.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The topic of this thread is "Are you looking forward to the release of Metro Exodus?" People are free to answer that in the affirmative or negative for whatever reasons they may have, including eleventh-hour exclusivity shenanigans.
The thread is "Game is out in 6 days, who's excited, who's not?"

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
The thread is "Game is out in 6 days, who's excited, who's not?"

Yes, and for some, the last-minute exclusivity deal dampened their excitement for the game, so "I was excited, but I am not interested in supporting Epic's PC DD politicking and will no longer purchase the PC version" and all derivatives thereof are valid answers.

If people begin squabbling over Epic and EGS policies, then, yes, that would be a problem. But responding with "No, because y" is not.

Mhj

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is it true that it's based on 2035? That book had some very interesting settings.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, and for some, the last-minute exclusivity deal dampened their excitement for the game, so "I was excited, but I am not interested in supporting Epic's PC DD politics and will no longer purchase the PC version" and all derivatives thereof are valid answers.
You know people dont word it like that. But will see. The OT and review thread is gonna be the same as the other Metro threads and this one. At point the majority of people that are gonna be playing at release should be "protected" even more in the upcoming threads.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited. Seems to me at least like it'll be possibly amazing but I hardly see any hype for it.

It is part of Targets Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale currently as well so with Redcard it's available for around $40 just as an FYI

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know people dont word it like that. But will see. The OT and review thread is gonna be the same as the other Metro threads and this one. At point the majority of people that are gonna be playing at release should be "protected" even more in the upcoming threads.

It's all whoever decided it at Deep Silvers fault that a lot of Metro threads wil be about the "getting it next year" stuff.

Don't complain to customers who got fucked over that they are pissed.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
The store fuckery and Denuvo killed any hype for me, I got enough other games to play.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

You're absolutely right that the review thread should be for discussing reviews and the OT should be for discussing the game itself, so if the EGS stuff spills over into either of them, then by all means, report one of the posts and request a course correction. But to reiterate, there is nothing wrong with people answering the question this thread poses in the negative and basing that answer on Epic's exclusivity deal.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User warned: Platform wars rhetoric.

I read this on another forum, and it's wholly appropriate.

It's a fantastic example of insidious marketing how Steam has managed to generate fanbois to care so much about the vessel their product is delivered in, rather than the product itself.

I mean, the need to constantly vomit up this no steam/no buy shit just reinforces that quote.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
But you don't want them to complain here?

Correct. Like i said there are alot of threads out there to complain and are used alot. At one point you need to look at how every Metro thread is going and how every thread is gonna be. The majority of people wich is consoles or people that dont care about the store dont need to be overshadowed by the same comments all the time

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be playing on the console so I'm hyped, but I think the decision to be an Epic store exclusive will hurt them worse than they're expecting. Two of my friends are ignoring the PC release (at least for a year) despite being fans of the previous games.

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Correct. Like i said there are alot of threads out there to complain and are used alot. At one point you need to look at how every Metro thread is going and how every thread is gonna be. The majority of people wich is consoles or people that dont care about the store dont need to be overshadowed by the same comments all the time

Honestly, it's really stupid to ask if people are excited about a game where the publisher fucked a group of customers over.

"Yeah I got fucked over, but damn Im excited!"

You are literally only asking for one answer.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean I was before but then:

APEXLE_XB1_PROMO_Wire_Hero_940x528-hero.png

Now its on my "get it on sale at some point later" list

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, and those people are apparently the only one allowed to answer because they were lucky enoguh not to get fucked over.
Not at all. But you are now trying to put words in my mouth. As i explained why i think whats wrong and there is a bigger picture to look at and you need to be ahead of it.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
My hype has been greatly damaged by the EGS deal. I'm quite surprised that someone I knew from work (a big metro fan) also mentioned they were having second thoughts because of the deal.

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
I was pretty hyped until it left steam but I hope the game is great and does well since I intend to get it later on.