• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Troublematic

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm hopeful for the game, but a bit reserved still. I'm replaying the old games before launch to see I feel about the franchise. I hope the third game will be 4A's W3 moment, though the timed exclusivity deal certainly didn't start things off on good footing. I just don't care that much as long as I can get it for a fair price. I already support a whole lot of console bs to play their exclusives so this isn't that different.

Heatster101

Oct 27, 2017
Already pre loaded on my one X , love the other metro games, really can't wait for this, the YT vids for this have looked great so far

Monster Zero

Nov 5, 2017
Southern California
Atomic Hearts has a really nice RTX implementation as well.

Yeah hopefully that game releases this year there are rumors its having development problems. Personally I find the RTX GI and AO used in Metro and Control more impressive than the RTX shadows and reflections Tomb Raider, Atomic Heart, and Battlefield are using. Lets not forget MechWarrior will use RTX as well.

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
But you don't want them to complain here? In a thread about their excitement have been dampered by them getting fucked over.

Technically there is nothing preventing PC players from purchasing the game Day One on February 15th. That's the rub. Y'all are getting spicy over a launcher exclusivity and it's coming across as extremely petty, whiny and just sad to say the least. So yes, its hard to get behind PC players saying they have to wait a year when in fact they don't.

Last edited:
Staff post

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Just moving this here so the timeline is clearer (it was originally a standard reply to another user's post):

Official Staff Communication
The topic of this thread is "Are you looking forward to the release of Metro Exodus?" People are free to answer that in the affirmative or negative for whatever reasons they may have, including eleventh-hour exclusivity deals.

Last edited:

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Went from "Wait for reviews" (the closest thing I do to Day 1 purchases) to skip. The EGS store exclusivity was a debacle, the communication about it was poor, and all in all the game should've just launched on both rather than switching so short before release to timed-exclusivity.

Overall not in the market for rewarding practices like that. I loved 2033 and Last Light but I just can't support a move like that.

d00d3n

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I am excited. I have Crackdown 3 and Far Cry New Dawn preordered as well, but I am pretty sure that I will focus on Metro Exodus next week

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
I had this pre ordered on steam so I will play it when its out, but the exclusivity deal they pulled off def has lowered my hype for it.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
yup!

Got it pre ordered on Steam but honestly even with that and FarCry ready to go I think im gonna dive into Crackdown 3 first...Crackdown is just so much fun.

Oddhouse

Oct 31, 2017
It's my most hyped game in first half of the year ! Second is Rage 2 followed by Anthem (hoping BW have a good story with Anthem!).

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm never buying this game after the shady stuff they pulled with this on PC. Maybe when it's like 75% off because I loved the original two games, but really by that point will I even care?

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I have never been Day 1 on any of the Metro games, but I am excited to see if this is as good as it looks. I'd put my hype around 4.5-5 on a scale of 1-10.

MaLDo

Oct 27, 2017
Technically there is nothing preventing PC players from purchasing the game Day One on February 15th. That's the rub. Y'all are getting spicy over a launcher exclusivity and it's coming across as extremely petty, whiny and just sad to say the least. So yes, its hard to get behind PC players saying they have to wait a year when in fact they don't.

If you think is a "launcher" problem you're so out of touch about the issue.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
I have it preordered on Steam, but following Deep Silver's anti consumer move, I'm thinking about a refund. Game looks great otherwise.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
If the reviews are good, I'm definitely in. Although, so far neither of the Metro games have really grabbed me the way I expected them to. Played through both of them, but they have this way of showing all their tricks way too early and becoming stale after a few hours. Hopefully this will improve with Exodus.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
Zero hype for me. I was excited but won't be shopping on the Epic store. Gonna have to wait til sometime next year I guess. It's funny this mindset bothers some of you.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
What platform are you buying it on?

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Wow, did not realize it was going to be out that soon. Still have to play its predecessors (have the Redux ed.). The new one looks interesting and if it reviews well then I would definitely pick it up in time.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Still debating on what platform to get it on. I have a feeling that the PC Version will not run that good on my setup and that I will be better off buying it for my 1X.

Well still got a couple of days to figure it out I guess.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I consider the first 2 games some of the best FPS campaigns ever made, but I'd rather wait for the steam version. The game looks great though.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
I was incredibly hyped for the game the second they showed the trailer, but I can't support the bullshit they pulled with EGS. I'll watch someone play through it on Twitch instead if I'm really curious about the story.

I might pick up the game in a few years when it's on Steam and heavily discounted, just to complete my collection.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I am very excited, Metro is a great franchise and an open-world one could be the closest to a new STALKER we've had. But I won't be buying it from the Epic store and shall be waiting for it to hit Steam at a discounted price.

It's a shame because I'm sure I'd love it, in fact I know I would, but you need to be willing to put your money where your mouth is and I will not support their decisions around the release of this title on PC, nor will I support the Epic Game Store period. There's plenty other games I can fill my time with so it's not a big loss, DMC5 isn't far away and Apex Legends and REmake 2 are still holding my attention.

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I was incredibly hyped for the game the second they showed the trailer, but I can't support the bullshit they pulled with EGS. I'll watch someone play through it on Twitch instead if I'm really curious about the story.

I might pick up the game in a few years when it's on Steam and heavily discounted, just to complete my collection.

I still want to play though the game just dont want to support the shenanigans. So im doing the opposite. Going black out till its available for me.

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
What platform are you buying it on?

Sure I'll bite. My point still stands though. Even if I'm such a "console pleb" and apparently cannot understand why hardcore PC players would want to use their Steam interface for their dedicated purchases even though I have over 176 Games invested in that ecosystem as well. It's silly to me to not purchase a game over it. If you really wanted to play the game and support the developers it wouldn't matter where you played it. That's it.

People coming into these hype threads and continuing to derail them with the same snarky responses adds nothing to the conversation, it's nonsensical and only muddys the waters for people who are actually genuinely excited and happy to play this game later this week no matter what platform you are on.

To answer your question,
Xbox One X.

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Still debating on what platform to get it on. I have a feeling that the PC Version will not run that good on my setup and that I will be better off buying it for my 1X.

Well still got a couple of days to figure it out I guess.

If you e got a decent cpu and a 1060 or better its very unlikely the xbox x will do any better. If you dont then you should already kmow that the x will likely do better.

Although the main plus on pc will always be flexibility. On the xbox you get what you get and you dont get upset. On pc you have some leeway to prioratize what you want to prioratize.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
The big question on this game - its supposed to support both ray tracing and dlss at launch. I wonder if it lets you do both? Was planning on playing this on 1080p wide monitor but if it lets you use dlss with the ray tracing i might hook up to the oled, provided a 2080 is able to do both.