• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Sure I'll bite. My point still stands though. Even if I'm such a "console pleb" and apparently cannot understand why hardcore PC players would want to use their Steam interface for their dedicated purchases even though I have over 176 Games invested in that ecosystem as well. It's silly to me to not purchase a game over it. If you really wanted to play the game and support the developers it wouldn't matter where you played it. That's it.

People coming into these hype threads and continuing to derail them with the same snarky responses adds nothing to the conversation, it's nonsensical and only muddys the waters for people who are actually genuinely excited and happy to play this game later this week no matter what platform you are on.

To answer your question,
Xbox One X.

Oh no we arent adding anything of substance to a thread asking our hype levels? The most substantive of thread types!

Get over yourself man. Its no different than someone coming in here saying Im Hyped on this hype train motherfuckers. Or saying im so not hyped im getting of this thread! These are fluff threads.

The comments are perfectly on topic in a thread about how hyped you are. Im not hyped because xyz. Your literally saying were not allowed to not be hyped because xyz, but if its because tny then it is perfectly fine. Makes no sense.

And the only ones derailing shit are you guys. Just ignore it of it bothers you that much. Stomping like children that someone doesnt agree with you is juvenile. If you have something worthwhile to debate then do so, but getting mad is silly.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Not getting anything other than free games on Fortnite Launcher, so, maybe in a year, if it reviews well. Besides, plenty of other games are coming out soon.
Technically there is nothing preventing PC players from purchasing the game Day One on February 15th. That's the rub. Y'all are getting spicy over a launcher exclusivity and it's coming across as extremely petty, whiny and just sad to say the least. So yes, its hard to get behind PC players saying they have to wait a year when in fact they don't.
No, we don't have to wait a year, we just choose not to support anti consumer, GDPR and other EU regulations breaking company. Launcher is not an issue, nobody has issues with EA games being on Origin or Ubi games on Uplay, the company behind it is the issue.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure I'll bite. My point still stands though. Even if I'm such a "console pleb" and apparently cannot understand why hardcore PC players would want to use their Steam interface for their dedicated purchases even though I have over 176 Games invested in that ecosystem as well. It's silly to me to not purchase a game over it. If you really wanted to play the game and support the developers it wouldn't matter where you played it. That's it.

People coming into these hype threads and continuing to derail them with the same snarky responses adds nothing to the conversation, it's nonsensical and only muddys the waters for people who are actually genuinely excited and happy to play this game later this week no matter what platform you are on.

To answer your question,
Xbox One X.
This is not a "only people who are excited for the game can post" thread. It's asking everyone, and some people don't want to support garbage ass business practises and that killed their hype.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very excited. 4A Games are incredibly talented, and their brand of FPS is something we just don't see very often these days.

Devs have got to be so pissed to see the hype for their game kneecapped by a corporate decision that's completely out of their control. If the game's sales suffer significantly because of it, you know the blame will not be placed where it belongs.

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
The big question on this game - its supposed to support both ray tracing and dlss at launch. I wonder if it lets you do both? Was planning on playing this on 1080p wide monitor but if it lets you use dlss with the ray tracing i might hook up to the oled, provided a 2080 is able to do both.

Im 90% sure that yes it will support both.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I haven't played any of the Metro games yet but they've always looked interesting. I think Exodus has looked great in its marketing so far.

I don't currently have a gaming capable PC -- still worth it to play these games on console? I have Xbox One X and Game Pass that gives me access to the first two, the Redux editions.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not hyped at all anymore because of the exclusivity debacle. I'll maybe get it from the bargain bin in a year or so. I might get it on console sooner, but I'd rather play it on PC.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Hardly interested in new games, and Metro isn't an exception. Only game I'm looking forward right now is DMC5.
Besides, the EGS debacle is another reason I'm not interested in this game.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will be very curious to see how much difference ray tracing makes and how playable it actually is with current hardware.

Can 4K ray tracing even be done with the new GPU?

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Y'all are getting spicy over a launcher exclusivity and it's coming across as extremely petty, whiny and just sad to say the least.

You are calling us extremely petty, whiny and just sad because we are raising our voice and voting with our wallets against practices we don't like? Now that's really sad imo. Most positive turnarounds in the games industry happened because people stood up, not because people didn't care and opened their wallets anyway.

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
You don't think these same people drive by posting now won't be doing it in the OT? mmmk. It's infecting any thread relevant to Metro Exodus, not just this thread in particular.

If they are doing so in other threads where maybe it's not appropriate, how about you go fight the good fight over there , not here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Let's try to keep this thread on-track. If you see a post that runs afoul of the staff post, please report it instead of engaging; and similarly, if you disagree with the staff post, please contact a mod captain instead of arguing against it in-thread. Thanks.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I mean I was before but then:

APEXLE_XB1_PROMO_Wire_Hero_940x528-hero.png

Now its on my "get it on sale at some point later" list

Fair enough, but it's always funny then to see people wondering why Respawn made a battle royale game instead of a proper TF3 with single-player lol.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
While I'm still annoyed with this whole Epic Store exclusivity, I will buy Exodus later this year on PS4. I never played Metro games and read any novels, though.

Recently finished reading Glukhovsky's "Futu.re" and I'm quite interested in his other work, so I'm definitely planning a Metro marathon. I will try to read a main trilogy (2033, 2034, 2035), maybe some other books set in that universe and play Redux games and Exodus.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
SP narrative driven post apocalyptic FPS ?

Uh, yeah. X1X. Gonna be beautiful.

There is nothing wrong with the PS4 version, but I strongly recommend X1X or high-end PC version if possible for this game. visual fidelity, effects, shadows and lighting are very high and the game has a strong focus on atmosphere. its the first game that makes me feel that PS4 (basic) is truly showing its age.

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
I played spartan for both 2033 and Last Light but if exodus gives me the choice I'm going survival fam.

I'm Ready.

I think.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
The Epic store stuff has put me off it tbh. Had they not had it on Steam for so long and used Steam to sell and promote the product then at the last minute pull it from Steam I might have a different take. Then there is all the bullshit that followed. There is already so much to play right now so I'm gonna give this a pass and pick it up on Steam in a few years when it's dirt cheap.

Tranquility

Oct 28, 2017
I am hyped but due to a large backlog and it not being on Steam I will wait for a sale on Steam befors I get it.

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
This snuck up on me so yes and no.

I did buy Metro 2033 + Last Light redux to play in preparation.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hyped beyond belief. I wish I'd managed to squeeze in a Last Light playthrough this year to set me up right but I'm really excited to see what they're doing with the game. Everything they've shown looks absolutely amazing.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
2033 or Last Light? I did Last Light on Survival Hardcore weeks ago and managed to get the good ending this time.
Both, my first time playing it, was gonna try Ranger out but seems a little hardcore for a first playthrough, I can still get fully immersed with UI :)

Awesome game so far, so much attention to detail and great storytelling!

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I loooove this series so I'm just pretending it was delayed at the last min to add polish and stability and the devs decided to make it up to us by reducing the price. By the time it comes out on Steam all those will likely be true.

Killzig

Oct 25, 2017
I have bought both previous games on PC and bought the redux on PS4. I was kind of skeptical of this one because of the shift to open world and some of the early hands-on impressions mentioned performance issues. I'm still looking forward to this one, but I'll probably wait until next year when I've built a new PC (in anticipation of Cyberpunk) and I can get it on Steam. It may seem petty for some, but I have already had a bad experience with Epic and account info so I'd rather not do business on their service again.

DemonFox

Oct 29, 2017
Maybe someone here can make the decision for me and help me choose.
I will get the game 100% but I don't know if I should go PC or PS4 Pro ?
I have a GTX 970 and an I5 - 4590. As long as I get 60fps/1080p at... medium maaaayyyybe some high settings, i think I'm good.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
The big question on this game - its supposed to support both ray tracing and dlss at launch. I wonder if it lets you do both? Was planning on playing this on 1080p wide monitor but if it lets you use dlss with the ray tracing i might hook up to the oled, provided a 2080 is able to do both.
Supposedly yes both features will be there on day one. I don't know if they can be used together though. At the moment dlss is for 4k only while tracing is best at 1080p. Theoretically they both could be used together as dlss can will work below 4k, but I don't know if this is ready.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Still no news about steam pre-load? Got a slow internet here and it will take atleast till sunday to finish downloading. Then I am busy for the week so won't be able to play anyways😢.
It's 2019 and preloading on pc is still so frustrating. Same thing happened with Hitman 2.

Redmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Will be playing this, as I'm always down for Metro games. However I need to get a better gpu with RTX first, as my old Maxxy Titan X just aint cutting it anymore.

So it'll be some time before I do.

data

Oct 25, 2017
I won't get it on the epic store launcher. Planning to wait a year but I think I might just watch streams of it before it even comes out at that point. Hype is deflated unfortunately

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Maybe someone here can make the decision for me and help me choose.
I will get the game 100% but I don't know if I should go PC or PS4 Pro ?
I have a GTX 970 and an I5 - 4590. As long as I get 60fps/1080p at... medium maaaayyyybe some high settings, i think I'm good.

Hard to say. Some benchmarks will probably surface when the review embargo expires on the 13th.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking forward to this but with backlog, Crackdown 3 and Anthem early access the same day I feel a single player game can wait a bit. I'm not missing any multiplayer zietgiest by not snatching it up right away.

I really want to play it but buying it on release day doesn't make sense for me.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Ryzen 1600x is better than the i7-4770k and the RX 580 is just under the Vega 56, so you should be at the recommended level. That's 1080p @ 60FPS on high, so you may need to drop to medium or adjust some settings.
Thx. Im going to give it a think. With Epic's Refund Policy I'm not sure if I should pull the trigger. Last Light (standard not Redux) runs like ass on my setup.

Deleted member 46922

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Well, it's one of the few games I preordered on Steam, so yes, I'm hyped.

Actually dangerously hyped, because I could be very disappointed seeing as I think this will be one of the best games that releases this year.
The graphics, story and worldbuilding are probably great, but I don't really know about the AI and the fighting mechanics.

I think it's going to be amazing, but you never know for sure.