• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Evilmaus

Oct 27, 2017
Nah. If it hadn't been delayed on Steam for a year then I'd have been all over it, but as it stands, it's no longer a certainty that I'll ever buy it because of the EGS fiasco. I'll likely be too busy with other games in a year to really care. Maybe 2 or 3 years when it's a fiver in a sale or something. It's anyone's guess at this point.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Just read this on Steam game forums. Looks like we are not even getting pre-load.

ZYxLEj3.jpg

Ah well, I was going to download it on launch anyway. For my optic fiber it doesn't worth the time Steam takes to decrypt pre-load files.
Damn this sucks. I have very slow internet so it will take me a long time.
All of this is seriously turning me off.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Holy shit, they really want it to fail hard af (which they deserve btw).
No, they don't.

4A Games is the one who is going to be penalized. They don't have a say as to where their game gets pushed or if pre-load is a thing. So if the game fails because of decisions of corporate idiots, that would be a shame as 4A Games didn't do any of the crap that's happening.

Everyone that's getting pissy due to the game being in the Epic Store or no pre-loads and are boycotting are only hurting the devs. I agree with the frustration, but I'm supporting the devs.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
No, they don't.

4A Games is the one who is going to be penalized. They don't have a say as to where their game gets pushed of if it had pre-load. So if the game fails because of decisions of corporate idiots, that would be a shame as 4A Games didn't do any of the crap that's happening.

Eh, it's Deep Silver's decision.
I'm not saying "Good I hope they bite the dust". I'm saying when you take a business decision, if you fail, that's on you and deserved. They made a choice here.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious to see how the Rtx runs on a 2060. Considering a second build for the TV.

All this launcher stuff I don't really see the issue, I launch games from my windows search bar more than anything else. A launcher running underneath is no biggie.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Wait until you build that second pc and realize you can't cloud save between the two pcs because the epic games store doesn't currently have this ability. But it's a feature incoming, just like everything else.

I'm hoping a year from now the epic games store has a ton of features to make the service worthwhile, but until then we wait as Epic gets their store to the modern era.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
No, they don't.

4A Games is the one who is going to be penalized. They don't have a say as to where their game gets pushed or if pre-load is a thing. So if the game fails because of decisions of corporate idiots, that would be a shame as 4A Games didn't do any of the crap that's happening.

Everyone that's getting pissy due to the game being in the Epic Store or no pre-loads and are boycotting are only hurting the devs. I agree with the frustration, but I'm supporting the devs.

Its not up to consumer to defend and encourage buisness decisions they dont like because developers are being used as a shield.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
The Ryzen 1600x is better than the i7-4770k and the RX 580 is just under the Vega 56, so you should be at the recommended level. That's 1080p @ 60FPS on high, so you may need to drop to medium or adjust some settings.
Thx. Im going to give it a think. With Epic's Refund Policy I'm not sure if I should pull the trigger. Last Light (standard not Redux) runs like ass on my setup.
Just under? When did the RX 580 close the 25-30% lead the Vega 56 has at 1080p?

It's much safer to say the 580 is not even close to the recommended GPUs.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
I think most people who were interested in the game in the first place will be there day one (including me).

Just waiting on that key from CDKEYS now.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Technically there is nothing preventing PC players from purchasing the game Day One on February 15th. That's the rub. Y'all are getting spicy over a launcher exclusivity and it's coming across as extremely petty, whiny and just sad to say the least. So yes, its hard to get behind PC players saying they have to wait a year when in fact they don't.
I don't think you fully understand what people are getting spicy about. Maybe you should keep to yourself on this until you do

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
I'm going to buy this game for Xbox One, just finished Last Light (got the "Bad Ending") which is still ok. The final confrontation in D6 was great. I'm willing to support the devs since they created this epic world, and most of the times it feels like a hopeless endavour to survive in. Also the environments are a stand out for me. Not the usual American or Western European locations, and now we are going to Lake Baykal (I think).

Artyom is kind of a blank slate most of the times, but meh for what it's worth reminds me of the good old days of Half-Life 1 and 2. Got my LG HDR 4K TV ready to lock and load wooh.

I might just buy it on PC again this year if I get a new Rig just to support the devs.
Dont really care about the EGS thing.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Poor Metro first you get saddled with Exclusive mode pre-order dlc even after the company went down and now you get saddled with this.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
Super excited for it, my time with the game at Gamescom last year was fantastic, just what I hoped for.

I haven't pre-ordered the game though which feels weird. With many games still to play, I can't justify getting it on release day if I won't have time for it. As soon as I find a reasonable offer for it though, I will certainly get it straightaway.

Looking forward to the Xbox One X version! Looked quite spectacular at Gamescom (not even close to the first footage shown, but still great)

burnsy

Banned
May 31, 2018
One of my favourite franchises ever. I doubt a metro game will ever hit the spot like the original did but the developers definitely added onto it and made another great thing entirely. I have high expectations for this new game and really don't think I'll be disappointed

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
No, they don't.

I understand the devs get the short end of the stick, they probably aren't going to see any of the money the publisher is getting from this deal, AND their game's performance is likely to suffer from it as well.

But I need to send a message to publishers and devs that this is not ok. Maybe other devs won't jump on board with this publisher company in the future, which would be great, as I doubt anything we do will change the mind of people in charge, reaping the windfall.

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
Just platinumed 2033 and Last Light in preparation. Can't wait! Glad I'm not tied up in all this Steam/EGS shit. Missing out on this over that seems silly.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Just read this on Steam game forums. Looks like we are not even getting pre-load.

ZYxLEj3.jpg

Ah well, I was going to download it on launch anyway. For my optic fiber it doesn't worth the time Steam takes to decrypt pre-load files.
This sucks, but at least I have fast internet so even 60 GB would take me less than an hour to download.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Hyped. Day one on the X. I sincerely hope this is the culmination of 4A perfecting their formula for strong narrative and characters mixed with classic Metro exploration plus the dynamic encounters and wide linear design of Stalker. I'll be on cloud nine if so. Yesterday and today have started to CRAWL for me, Thursday too far away :/

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
I need to know how much better it's gonna run on Xbox One X vs PS4 PRO. Hopefully we get some infor this week.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
That PS4 Pro footage looks pretty damn good. Have always been a bit skeptical about the console versions but 4A are pretty damn good in the technical department so it's no surprise it's going to be a real looker there.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Aside from some of the writing in Last Light (vaguely remembered, but the feeling stuck), it was one of the more enjoyable FPS I played in a few years. So I'm hyped, but I'll wait a few months and kill some backlog before biting.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Ps4 footage looks solid as fuck. That's where I'll be playing it so I'm delighted to see.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Hyped, can't imagine not playing a game just bc it changed digital store fronts (unless it was legit not in my region).