• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I have pre ordered the physical standard version for 58€, I'm not sold on the season pass just yet... Let's wait for reviews and if any chance before release regarding some DLC drop info.

I'm very excited loved the other two and the fact we exploring outside the Metro opens up more possibilities

Akoi

Oct 25, 2017
WA
Never beat the first two and the exclusive thing on PC isnt going to make me rush to play them either. Probably will get it sometime next year or so after I beat the first two.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm not gonna risk it console wise and go ahead with the Xbox One X version.

Sure, but those comments always confuse me. One X is the stronger console. If you can choose, buy your game on the stronger console. Or am I missing something?

There is also always this one person coming into an OT asking if he should buy a game on PC or on one X. I study pc benchmark so I naturally ask for his specs before giving an answer. I swear, 50% of the time you get something like a 2080 Ti + a high end CPU as an answer. Which is ridiculously more powerful than a one X.
Same with pro Vs one X. Why is there even doubt?

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, but those comments always confuse me. One X is the stronger console. If you can choose, buy your game on the stronger console. Or am I missing something?

There is also always this one person coming into an OT asking if he should buy a game on PC or on one X. I study pc benchmark so I naturally ask for his specs before giving an answer. I swear, 50% of the time you get something like a 2080 Ti + a high end CPU as an answer. Which is ridiculously more powerful than a one X.
Same with pro Vs one X. Why is there even doubt?
Well, In my case, it could be because of playing Exodus where I played the other two games or maybe because of trophies even.

Not everything is always just pure performance advantage or better graphics or whatever.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, In my case, it could be because of playing Exodus where I played the other two games or maybe because of trophies even.

Not everything is always just pure performance advantage or better graphics or whatever.

What? I don't understand. Sure if trophies are more important to you, happy gaming. It's as good of a reason as anything else, but you said:"I'm not gonna risk it console wise and go ahead with the Xbox One X version."
Which indicates that performance and/or visuals were your main concern and not trophies or other stuff. To what I responded: why is there even doubt.
But now it's not or could be something else? Lol, okay than. We move on.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
They have a huge impact on visuals so of course you'd miss them. I have yet to play BF5 without RTX on even though that would mean I could get an easy 4K 60, just because the reflections add such a dynamic striking component to the final image.
Metro I'd say is bound to be even more noticeable since the GI and AO will affect everything, not just reflective surfaces. I really hope I can get at least 1440p60 out of it cause 1080p is going to be hard to do.

Like I said: i see the difference in all the video's, but I'm not really wowed by it. I can't even imagine anybody notices this when playing a shooter like BF5 online.

This will be 30 or 60 FPS on Pro/X?

Really, really hope this game delivers

It's 30fps.

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
y gaming. It's as good of a reason as anything else, but you
I have been thinking about which of the two versions to get for a while. (Ps4 PRO or Xbox One X), because of several reasons, including trophies, main gaming platform, ETC. Sorry if it bothered you, I was just expressing a thought out loud as I know that the Xbox One X version is the one they have been showing and they have said it runs at native 4k, 30fps. Ps4 PRo looks to be running fine from the videos I've seen but since I don't have any data, I just thought that I won't risk it because of other preferences and just go ahead and grab it for the X.

Maybe I should have offered more context to my decision?

In any case, you are right, it doesn't really contribute to the thread at all. So my apologies.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have been thinking about which of the two versions to get for a while. (Ps4 PRO or Xbox One X), because of several reasons, including trophies, main gaming platform, ETC. Sorry if it bothered you, I was just expressing a thought out loud as I know that the Xbox One X version is the one they have been showing and they have said it runs at native 4k, 30fps. Ps4 PRo looks to be running fine from the videos I've seen but since I don't have any data, I just thought that I won't risk it because of other preferences and just go ahead and grab it for the X.

Maybe I should have offered more context to my decision?

In any case, you are right, it doesn't really contribute to the thread at all. So my apologies.

You didn't bother me. I was just curious.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Some early impressions from one Slovakian reviewer:

"Gunplay is just sooo good. Kalashnikov kicks like ass, I can see the bullets and innacuracy, feel the weight. And the necessity of keeping air pressure in Tikhar is so rewarding when you hit a headshot with that self made steel ball."

"The way weapon customisation works. I can completely change the weapon trough customisation in the matter of seconds. Everything is so fast, intuitive, slightly animated and the sound of applying attachments... Small details makes it so so satisfying."

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Just pre-ordered. I wasn't in love with previous Metro games, but the expansive environments in this one, complete with ecosystem and multiple biomes, some features from Crysis, weapon modification, and a feeling of complete immersion while exploring its interesting post apocalyptic world as won me over.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
I'm not too interested in the franchise in the first place, but I thought about maybe giving it a try due to RTX.

But given what happened, I'm certainly not going out of my way to support shitty exclusivity deals for a mild interest.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

"Gunplay is just sooo good. Kalashnikov kicks like ass, I can see the bullets and innacuracy, feel the weight. And the necessity of keeping air pressure in Tikhar is so rewarding when you hit a headshot with that self made steel ball."

"The way weapon customisation works. I can completely change the weapon trough customisation in the matter of seconds. Everything is so fast, intuitive, slightly animated and the sound of applying attachments... Small details makes it so so satisfying."

This all sounds utterly fantastic.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
This all sounds utterly fantastic.

Yup.. and this is his newest tweet:
"Series transition to open world done perfectly. I feel Fallout vibes in terms of exploration and approaching enemies and I feel truly free when I decide where to go and how to approach, who to kill or spare. Environmental and monster hazards can ruin your day."

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I see nothing there.....

Where is this staff post?

3aafa635-2656-406d-8d28-5a51e80670da.png

You are right that it doesn't stand out, though.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Yup.. and this is his newest tweet:
"Series transition to open world done perfectly. I feel Fallout vibes in terms of exploration and approaching enemies and I feel truly free when I decide where to go and how to approach, who to kill or spare. Environmental and monster hazards can ruin your day."

Waaaah, I've just pre-ordered. I can wait no longer.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
They don't really give a shit about embargo dates and sales in UAE,do they? :)
It seems every time stores receive games they start selling them immediately.

Also Metro isn't a very big game popularity wise, so streetdates get broken quicker. I bought Redux a few days before release. I believe release day was Tuesday and I got it on Saturday.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Clicking on staff post link at least on mobile send me to a dead site white error about link not being valid.

Sounds like a browser quirk. The link attached to the button isn't valid for regular users, but clicking the button is supposed to generate a drop-down box with a link to the post, not actually take you to the page. I can confirm it functions as intended in the mobile version of Chrome and the browser Xiaomi includes with its custom Android OS.

Last edited:

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Got it first in my Boomerang rental list.

Never tried them for a new release before but hopefully I get it this weekend.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017

Sounds great.

I'm moving to the UAE to play it a few days early. Just put in my notice at work.

Really looking forward to the reviews on WED, this should be good

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
I didn't say it was a common move for digital game platforms (at least not yet). I would say people dealing with digital fronts on PC have just been getting lucky.

I said it was a common move by stores/companies/services and this is absolutely true.
We haven't just been "getting lucky."

There has been active backlash against anti-consumer practices regarding PC games since Games for Windows Live.

Consumers get rolled over on closed platforms being the norm does not justify it.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
We haven't just been "getting lucky."

There has been active backlash against anti-consumer practices regarding PC games since Games for Windows Live.

Consumers get rolled over on closed platforms being the norm does not justify it.

I wasn't just taking closed platforms but whatever, or even platforms at all. Also, I'll be honest my eyes glaze over a bit with how much I see the term anti-consumer tossed around.

Mayyhem

Mar 5, 2018
Games cost $79.99 so its hard, but I really want this. I think the reviews will determine day one vs discounted future price for me.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Can I enjoy Exodus without playing any of the previous titles?

I don't know but I would *hope* so. Those games came out a long time ago.

Do a search on this thread using the keywords "previous" and "redux". This has been asked and answered numerous times by several people.

For short: go play Redux. I just did for the second time. They are awesome and still look and play great. Exodus is a sequel with known characters, so yeah.