• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
I was excited until I saw a video that said the gameplay is still linear, the maps are just bigger apparently. I was really hoping this would be a Fallout game that was possibly made better.

I'll play it when it's on sale.

I hear ya. But I'm the complete opposite. Give me a linear, narrative driven experience, any day. And it has nice big zones to explore, if you want. Best of both worlds.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
I was excited until I saw a video that said the gameplay is still linear, the maps are just bigger apparently. I was really hoping this would be a Fallout game that was possibly made better.

I'll play it when it's on sale.

Sounds like the 4 areas are pretty sizable and there's a lot of side content, hidden areas to find. The areas are big enough that they give you a map and a vehicle to drive.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I can tell you that Exodus doesn't have gigantic open worlds. The levels are big, yes, but they have a clear objective. Now, there are dynamic events that happen in those levels that you can partake or explore them and gain some rewards. But that's it.
Cool, that's what Exodus is. It is not a gigantic open world.
this is NO OPEN WORLD GAME! there are 4 big areas where you can take your time and explore or just go through in a linear way, when you leave the area you can´t go back and the train is going to the next area...it is a "wide linear" approach, not open world

besides that i will say it again, this will be a very special game oozing with atmosphere and it is the next big step for this franchise. it will blow players away and surprise many people.

and it will be a shame how many people will buy this Far Cry 5 rehash game over Metro Exodus.

That's what I meant. I wanted to say: I prefer those kind of games over open worlds and that's why I look forward to exodus. Sorry, didn't phrase it well.
I, of course, also like open worlds. I just prefer this kind of games.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Generally the hair in TW3 was bad to begin with. HW made it nice, but the base being ugly didn't help it much.

Exodus looks great without RTX, so good base there. Yeah much better with it in, but unlike TW3 with it if you don't miss it generally speaking.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Generally the hair in TW3 was bad to begin with. HW made it nice, but the base being ugly didn't help it much.

Exodus looks great without RTX, so good base there. Yeah much better with it in, but unlike TW3 with it if you don't miss it generally speaking.

Character hair looks good in TW3 as is, but fur is weak. HairWorks makes character hair some awful garbage noodles, but fur becomes good.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
I can wait the year or for a big ass sale on metro. Games are aight, but dmc5 n sekiro are more important buys while I also work on my backlog.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Replaying Metro 2033 on PC, and it's still damn great. Not only does it look gorgeous, but the gameplay has help up incredibly well.

Now I must choose, do I go for Exodus on PC where I can maybe squeeze out 1440p/30 with medium settings, or X with Native 4K/30 that would most likely run at the equivalent of medium settings anyway

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PS4 version is 48GB if I remember correctly. Bigger the better because that means the audio isn't compressed.

The levels in Metro Exodus are wide linear and like a sandbox. Each level represents a season and you go from one to the next as you advance the story. Doing other stuff in each level is entirely up to the player.

Three more days for this (and FC New Dawn) will make my February. Can't wait!!!

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
I'm really curious to see how the real Xbox One X version matches up with the E3 2017 reveal trailer in terms of graphical fidelity.

Just 74 more hours for me!

littleworm

Oct 25, 2017
Went back and replayed both 2033 and Last Light last week, and then proceeded to pick up and read the 2033 novel. I wan't to read 2034 and 2035 as well but I'll wait till after Exodus, I'm not sure how much Exodus will pull if any from the books.

WildWayz

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
tbh i've not seen much of it... think I saw the announcement video a year or so ago... but I have so many games coming out ie Anthem this weekend... then The Division 2... will probably pick it up though as I loved the 1st two games.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Curious to see this game running with the ray tracing on, as it's isn't reflections or shadows, hope it works.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Curious to see this game running with the ray tracing on, as it's isn't reflections or shadows, hope it works.

https://youtu.be/Ms7d-3Dprio

Personally, I find it more of an improvement than the reflections in BF V tbh.
I also hope it will come with DLSS on day one. I was very skeptical about DLSS, but man it does work. Not perfect, but it's so much better than TAA in FF15.
We've already talked about it in another thread, but this are some results of 4k-DLSS on my 1440p screen + comparison

1440p_TAA
1800p_TAA_to_1440p
2160p_TAA_to_1440p
DSLL4k_to_1440p

About the same performance as 1800p, but it looks better than 2160p. At least on my display, which is just 1440p. Now please let me use 1440p DSLL

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Playing it on PS4pro for review. All i can say is anybody from the pc community sleeping on this because of the whole EGS thing is missing out severly, especially on a high end rig. More to come once the embargo ends

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Playing it on PS4pro for review. All i can say is anybody from the pc community sleeping on this because of the whole EGS thing is missing out severly, especially on a high end rig. More to come once the embargo ends

Can you say how it looks and runs on Pro? I will also be playing on Pro. :-)

Innuendo84

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Should I play the previous titles? They are not that long (howlongtobeat shows 10h per game), but are they worth it? Or with each release they are improving the formula and there is no reason to go back.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I love Metro and I'm there day one on PS4 Pro (unless the reviews dropping tomorrow turn out to be dire).

Should I play the previous titles? They are not that long (howlongtobeat shows 10h per game), but are they worth it? Or with each release they are improving the formula and there is no reason to go back.

Definitely! The redux versions are great remasters and 2033 is my favourite of the two. You'll probably enjoy Exodus more if you follow the (admittedly confusing) story and the improving gameplay.

And Redux is cheap, so by the time you get to Exodus it'll be cheaper!