• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Feeling slightly bummed out, was planning to relax this weekend and play this game. But the code issue plus all these reports about the PS4 patch borking the performance killed my eagerness. :(

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Man you guys weren't kidding... Performance is ridiculous. I've only just started and it feels so messy. The sensivity is horrible, no matter the setting. Framerate nosedives all the time. I'm also having constant audio troubles. That's the big one for me. Gunshot sounds that aren't in tune with the visuals, dialogue lines crossing over with other dialogue, footstep sounds that don't match my movements, etc.

I haven't seen anyone complaining about these audio problems though, is that just me?

I'm on PS4, most recent patch already installed.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Game is garbage right now. It's so painfully unenjoyable.
I rather play through RE2 again with my fucking feet than continuing this shit.
Shame on you 4A, this is at the moment the absolute worst Metro game because of how broken and jarring it is.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Man you guys weren't kidding... Performance is ridiculous. I've only just started and it feels so messy. The sensivity is horrible, no matter the setting. Framerate nosedives all the time. I'm also having constant audio troubles. That's the big one for me. Gunshot sounds that aren't in tune with the visuals, dialogue lines crossing over with other dialogue, footstep sounds that don't match my movements, etc.

I haven't seen anyone complaining about these audio problems though, is that just me?

I'm on PS4, most recent patch already installed.

The biggest issue for me is sensivity and the controller "deadzone"

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I am not asking for 60fps like Metro Redux or Resident Evil 2, but is there ANYWAY to increase the framerate on PS4 Pro?

So far the best framerate I got out of it is with 1080p output & supersampling disabled, but it's still hurting my eyes how bad the framerate is. It's almost unplayable.

This is 2019, console games shouldn't be sub 30fps anymore.
Well maybe if the consoles came out in 2019. But ya...

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Performance on the 1X has been fine. However, when I started the game this morning I got maybe 15 minutes in and had a hard lock. Kind of like last night.

Rebooted and played an hour or so, maybe and no locks. So...I dunno.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I don't think it's input lag.. if you press the buttons you'll notice that it doesn't have the same issue as pressing the analog sticks.

I believe it's a deadzone issue..

Probably, but it doesn't really matter. It matters that people are bothered by it. I will check it out tonight.

Are the Dark Ones still part of the story in this new Metro game?

It would surprise me if they weren't, but why on earth would you want to know this kind of spoilerish stuff?

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Performance on the 1X has been fine. However, when I started the game this morning I got maybe 15 minutes in and had a hard lock. Kind of like last night.

Had several freezes of the game during my review on One X, according to Deep Silver the devs are working on a patch for this issue and others. But aside from that, the performance was mostly fine on Xbox.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Lol it seems that hard lock at the beginning of the game is very common. I got it on PC. Crashed everything lol

maGs

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah these problems with game feel and bad movement etc aren't on console only. I was playing onPC and everything just feels so weightless.
Its strange because the game clearly wants everything to feel very tacticle with animations for opening doors, looking at your watch, etc but nothing you do feels physical. Its all just floaty and makes for a very strange feeling experience.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Re2 is a very linear game that doesn't even require good hardware to play. Try again. Give a good comparison.

Also, shoddy 60fps

RE2 is way less linear than Metro Exodus. Also the first hour of Exodus is straight up on-rail and I didn't see it performing any better.

Try again, maybe this time without acting like you played it when you totally didn't.

What a load of bullcrap. RE2 is literally the opposite of linear, it's in fact less linear than most open world games when it comes to main story. How about you play the game first?

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what about reviewers? Why weren't they talking about these technical issues?
Many of us did depending on what we ran into. But even with the issues occurred it seems worse with the patch. Bugs being as they are some will or wont have them. but even in here we have 4 people with identical systems all having different experiences.
I've watched a few twitch streams of PS4 players and not one of them has said anything bad about the performance. Some of them have said it's more difficult than the previous entries but each one I've chatted with so far has said they're enjoying the game. Hmm.
Ya I did as well and saw one then the other go through the same part. No issues. Just puzzling.

Herbz

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hopefully the technical issues are at least almost non-existent on my pc. gsync'll probably help a lot.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
RE2 is way less linear than Metro Exodus. Also the first hour of Exodus is straight up on-rail and I didn't see it performing any better.

Try again, maybe this time without acting like you played it when you totally didn't.

What a load of bullcrap. RE2 is literally the opposite of linear, it's in fact less linear than most open world games when it comes to main story. Play the game will ya?

He probably means it's less open..

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
the game is unusually dark in the tunnels...it's hard to spot supplies, journals etc...I finished a replay of both Redux versions last week and it never looked this dark...increasing the gamma doesn't look right either...I'm still trying to find a good balance

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Probably, but it doesn't really matter. It matters that people are bothered by it. I will check it out tonight.

It would surprise me if they weren't, but why on earth would you want to know this kind of spoilerish stuff?

I mean, if they aren't in the game that would be major disappointment for me.. if they are included in the story, that would make me want to play the game only more... this info isn't spoilery for me personally, because the Dark Ones were pretty much the major plot points in both previous games and they were show in trailers, screenshots, reviews and so on but in the case of this new game we have not info or mention about them in previews, videos, reviews.. so I'm just curios if they are in the game or not.. spoliery stuff for me would be the names and fates of all characters in the game, places, maps, weapons, endings, etc. but not if the Dark Ones are or aren't in the game

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
So glad this one has a save anywhere feature, super helpful.

Also if anyone can answer this, is there any way to see how much ammo you have for each weapon on Ranger Hardcore mode? It's the only reason why I decided not to play that mode. Drives me crazy not knowing when I'm close to or out of ammo. Thanks!

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn. I might hold off for a week or two to see if they can get the technical issues figured out before jumping in.

Oct 27, 2017
YIKES, is this game more buggy then stalker? or is this the normal jank we expect?

I think it's near impossible for any game to be buggier than Stalker.

Don't remember the previous Metros being at all buggy in very notable ways, but I don't fully recall launch states at this point so they may have had it until patches. I'm still waiting on my copy but scope may have more to do with it this time?

mercenar1e

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
maybe im wrong but i don't think any reviews have gone in depth to just how bad the performance issues are.. its unbelievable.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Oof at these impressions of technical missteps.

Am I reading a thread for a 6.5 game? What thread is this? Did reviewers play a different game on consoles?

Oct 26, 2017
the game is unusually dark in the tunnels...it's hard to spot supplies, journals etc...I finished a replay of both Redux versions last week and it never looked this dark...increasing the gamma doesn't look right either...I'm still trying to find a good balance

The Gamma is broken in the game (at least on X with HDR, unsure about SDR) it's best to crank up it a little because it just ruins the picture really.

By the way, striking difference between One and X. It doesn't show in the thumb of the video but watch this on your telly in full screen.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
In that case he should try again, cause he didn't say less open, he straight up called RE2 a ''very linear game'' which is fucking bullcrap.

But it's obvious what he means. I understand your frustration, but you're bringing in a lot of negativity into this thread. Get a beer or something.

Oct 29, 2017
they're dancing around the issues. they didn't go into detail as to why it was "jank"

I forget the review but one guy did mention the vaulting animation and the fairly stupid AI after mentioning the "jank" and another said something about the VO lines for certain characters were obviously recorded at different times and when they get patched together in the final game it just makes the delivery of some of the dialogue just bizarre but no mention of frame rate issues.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The Gamma is broken in the game (at least on X with HDR, unsure about SDR) it's best to crank up it a little because it just ruins the picture really.

By the way, striking difference between One and X. It doesn't show in the thumb of the video but watch this on your telly in full screen

good to have confirmation...the Gamma is definitely not working right (I'm playing on PC)...the Gamma image where you adjust the slider is not representative on in-game Gamma at all...I was worried about raising it too high which will then crush the blacks but I guess that's the only choice for now

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Are people having issues with performance all playing on console? After the (very) short time on PC so far, it's running without any major issues.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Yeah, think I'm gonna wait for some patches before I continue. Still have Yakuza Kiwami and Kiwami 2 to go through anyways...

Last edited:

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Are people having issues with performance all playing on console? After the (very) short time on PC so far, it's running without any major issues.

Cohh is playing on PC now and he has been dealing with issues, he literally just restart the game now to see if that fixes it.

I can tolerate ''Euro jank'' but I can't tolerate ''Euro the game is full of issues day one''.