• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Just met the engineer in the one of the first open world missions. Really digging what I've played so far.

This has probably been covered a bunch in this thread, but how balanced is the difficulty above normal?

Last edited:

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Steam still doesnt have the day 1 patch? What type of fucking joke is this? Far as i know 1.0.1.0 is the patch. Steam is still 1.0

Oct 27, 2017
For Xbox owners, if you have the Xbox accessories app (used for the elite controller setup, but I think it works for non elite too) you can switch the stick curves to "instant" to improve the dead zone issue and makes the game feel just a bit less heavy...

Oct 26, 2017
Whew. After seeing what happened to Cohhcarnage's save, I set up a script to back up my entire save folder periodically. Definitely don't want that to happen to me.

Yeh I watched that it was pretty gutting for him. I'm just downloading the game now I'd like to avoid that, any chance you could share that script?

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
For Xbox owners, if you have the Xbox accessories app (used for the elite controller setup, but I think it works for non elite too) you can switch the stick curves to "instant" to improve the dead zone issue and makes the game feel just a bit less heavy...

Well that would be the opposite of improving the issue. ;-)

Oct 25, 2017
Just got to the second open up space area, and I have to say this game has been utterly fantastic. Incredible atmosphere and it runs/looks great in 4k on the 1X and plays well too!

I love this little crew all journeying together with the story. All of them are fantastic.

HDR is so damn nice as well on OLED.

20190216_200034.jpg

20190216_213919.jpg

I can't wait to see where things go.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
near the end of hub 1 and I really like this so far. love the BOTW inspired exploration and the weapon upgrade system. especially that you can loot every enemys weapon they actually used and combine it with new parts.

I just really wish I could carry more weapons or at least replace the air pressure gun, I hope there is an upgrade for that later.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Increasing the FOV does some things to this game, like the menu, some hud elements and clipping as well. This is the menu at 60(default) and 90(max) FOV.

Metro-Exodus-2019-02-16-17-03-28-831.png

Metro-Exodus-2019-02-16-17-00-01-825.png

This is one gun has issues at 90 FOV:
Metro-Exodus-2019-02-16-16-59-14-262.png

Metro-Exodus-2019-02-16-16-59-21-354.png

2019 and issues with increasing FOV does this still!

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Open world design really brings attention to the lack of the lack of lean or prone. Trying to attack a base on a slope and there's no cover that doesn't immediately get me killed

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Just got a weird bug where I couldn't shoot or reload my shotgun. Pressing fire wouldn't even give the out of ammo "click" or anything. Fortunately, I had a save backup.

Increasing the FOV does some things to this game, like the menu, some hud elements and clipping as well. This is the menu at 60(default) and 90(max) FOV.

Metro-Exodus-2019-02-16-17-03-28-831.png

Metro-Exodus-2019-02-16-17-00-01-825.png

This is one gun has issues at 90 FOV:
Metro-Exodus-2019-02-16-16-59-14-262.png

Metro-Exodus-2019-02-16-16-59-21-354.png

2019 and issues with increasing FOV does this still!
Isn't the fov in the settings vertical fov? Which means you want to set it to 59 to get 90 horizontal fov.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
So is G (the wiping of your visor) meant to only work in very specific situations where the prompt tells you? Bit disappointing that doing it doesn't wipe off the little water droplets/dirt and things that get on it after a while, like it's covered in dirt specs/water droplets and then you push g and the animation plays but all those things just stay there...yet if you run into a water puddle and the "prompt" comes up you push it and it wipes your visor clean.

It should wipe it clean regardless imo.

It's like that in the older games too. It never wipes off the droplets and stuff.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Just got a weird bug where I couldn't shoot or reload my shotgun. Pressing fire wouldn't even give the out of ammo "click" or anything. Fortunately, I had a save backup.

Isn't the fov in the settings vertical fov? Which means you want to set it to 59 to get 90 horizontal fov.
But setting it to 59 for the base fov makes it lower than the default.

Metro-Exodus-2019-02-16-17-32-17-936.png

It seems the game goes by both axis when it comes to the base level.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area

Where is this in the app? All I can find are button mapping functions. Doing this on PC so lot sure of that matters.

Edit: I'm guessing this is elite controller only. I'm using a regular one and all it gives me is the mapping options. Darn.

Last edited:

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
All the characters talk non stop and over each other. Wish I could head shot the next person to shout Artyom.
Yeah. The entire audio mixing feels borked, especially if there are more than 2 people in proximity. Last night I was listening to a conversation while sneaking, turned my head and suddenly they sounded were whisper quiet despite being 5 feet away.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
So no one in here has run into the subtitles glitch that I have? Essentially after turning them back on (turned them off in the first hour or so of play after launch) and they are permanently this:

0O4ZUhJ.jpg

Those two lines of dialogue (which happened 30 minutes ago, and much dialogue has happened since) do not leave my screen. I've tried completely powering down the console. No change. The only thing I have not done is restart from a brand new save. I don't have a lot of faith that that will help though as....

UH6zyWj.jpg

shocker, it's on that screen too.

Unfortunately my refund request case was just closed with no explanation as to why it was closed. I'm within my 14 days window since purchase according to xbox.com/refund so I don't know what else to do but shake my fist at this digital future of ours?

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Do you get a proper shotgun later in the game? Or do I need to refit my pistol to be one?

Also, the price for filters is too damn high! *slams fist on table and adjusts tie*

Also, on another note, I played for about an hour and a half and didn't have a lock up.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Just restarted the entire game, thus losing all my progress. Now just that first line of subtitles above is there, permanently. In the entire opening video. So now I'm uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that fixes it.

EDIT: Erased my save file, fixed. Starting the game all over.

Pro Tip everyone. Don't turn the subtitles off if you want to ever turn them back on again.

midfalutin

Oct 25, 2017

I had something like this happen quite a ways into the game, I ran around a little bit, and then I fell through the world.

Nov 8, 2017
Playing on a PS4 Pro I just finished the Volga area and I loved it. It really picks up once you leave the church and it just kept getting better and better. The detail on the train yard area is amazing and it's such an incredible area to explore.

A lot of negative opinions in this thread huh? Shame, I absolutely love the game so far. It's almost everything I wanted a more open Metro game to be.
My thoughts exactly.

I played this on PS4Pro and it ran just fine. Had one bug and thats it. I am bloody confused why people are shitting on this game. The story is beautiful and besides the occasional sound mixing issues and the english VO not the best it is a pure grade A game that rather than telling a story with lengthy cinematic cutscenes allows the player to choose how to experience the story.

Weapons also allow you to play how you want. The open world is a beaut. Sigh

Resetera is so wrong on this game. Im shocked.
Playstation Metro fans are the lucky ones I guess.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Playstation Metro fans are the lucky ones I guess.

It certainly seems that way. My friend also has been playing this since launch. He's on Pro, I'm on X. Outside of the clunky controls and sensitivity, and getting stuck on odd things in the environment, he's had none of the issues I've had. He's not really as sensitive/aware of graphics or sound so the sound mixing hasn't bothered him (it drives me insane).

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was really enjoying this game right up until the tugboat mission of the Volga.

This is possibly the worst designed stealth section ive ever played. Holy SHIT this is awful

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Seriously these footsteps make the game unplayable for me unless I put it on mute. How is it even possible no one from 4A noticed that there was a problem with it? I can tolerate everything else but this is driving me insane.

Riddler

Oct 25, 2017
This is the CLOSEST TO STALKER Metro has come. Playing on X in Atmos sound with Astro headset & set the elite controller sensitivity to aggressive and this game plays beautifully! Yes there is the odd stepping sounds occasionaly, but I think I'm at the end of the first HUB and truly the DIALOGUE, No Hand holding approach to confrontation is excellent.

Seriously I do hope they patch it to fix the crashes,sound glitches, but the good outweighed the bad so far. Can't wait to finish this first HUB & see what's next.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been doing a search of the south side of the volga, just finished the terminal section. Man, I thought they'd lost it with Last Light, but they've done a hell of a good job with this. Super into it.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I've seen a few people say they're underwhelmed with the graphics, I'm not sure how though. I've got zero complaints on the 1X outside of the weird gamma, visually speaking it's one of the most immersive games I've ever seen.

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
I did a bunch of content out of order and now I'm kinda stuck?

The game want's me to find a rail car at a train station that I liberated long before I should've?
I already lifted the gate but now I can't progress, am I looking for something?

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
Without spoilers, does the game tell me when it's about to move to a different... area? Biome? I'm weary of pushing forward with main stuff in case it does. Or does it not work like that?

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Without spoilers, does the game tell me when it's about to move to a different... area? Biome? I'm weary of pushing forward with main stuff in case it does. Or does it not work like that?

No... Keep doing secondaries as much as you can as soon as they up thats my advice.

I'm nearly finishing the game and I didn't finish some secindaries because of this

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen a few people say they're underwhelmed with the graphics, I'm not sure how though. I've got zero complaints on the 1X outside of the weird gamma, visually speaking it's one of the most immersive games I've ever seen.

I think it's kind of amazing that despite the jank, and muddy audio mix, and wonky aiming feel there's still a game worth experiencing here. Visuals, player animations, level design, and the core immersive shooter loop (which to be fair was already very accomplished with the Metro Redux editions) still make for a highly atmospheric and detailed adventure.

Unfortunately for 4A, polish is what separates good devs from the elite, and Exodus somehow manages to feel both incredibly advanced and held together by tape, sometimes at the same time.

Last edited:

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018

I'm playing on the X and some of the terrain modeling and snow textures are kinda basic in places that makes it a little jarring when you see them. Also some of the various trees and foliage are pixelated 2D objects.

It's mostly a great-looking game, though.