• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you have the choice that would be the least preferable platform at the moment. People report major sound issues and lots of crashes and the games gamma is broken on X.
I just read a few posts and came to the conclusion. I have a PS4 Pro and would prefer to play it there since it's in my living room. Thanks.

kevinking94

Oct 28, 2017
The atmosphere is second to none in this game but I just wish the gunplay was smoother. Aiming definitely feels off to me, especially after playing apex legends. Honestly still loving the hell outta this game tho haha great job 4A, just hope you guys will patch and maybe make the aiming a lil smoother if possible

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
First game I've ever requested a refund on Steam for in ten plus years of using the service. I know I'd love the game, I just know I would, and hell I was all ready with a shiny new RTX 2080 to play it, but I just absolutely could not get the game to play in full screen no matter what. Even with just one of my monitors turned on, the game would launch with only half the window being displayed on screen, and there was no way to fix the full screen at all, and for some reason it broke the iCUE keyboard software every time it launched. Damn shame too, I really wanted to experience that ray tracing goodness. Oh well, guess I'll play it in a year's time, here's hoping everything's fixed by then.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I'm up to the desert. Loving it so far. I really like this game setup of large open maps you move from one to the next along (with some linear more set piecy type stuff stirred in). Definitely glad I took the plunge here.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
First game I've ever requested a refund on Steam for in ten plus years of using the service. I know I'd love the game, I just know I would, and hell I was all ready with a shiny new RTX 2080 to play it, but I just absolutely could not get the game to play in full screen no matter what. Even with just one of my monitors turned on, the game would launch with only half the window being displayed on screen, and there was no way to fix the full screen at all, and for some reason it broke the iCUE keyboard software every time it launched. Damn shame too, I really wanted to experience that ray tracing goodness. Oh well, guess I'll play it in a year's time, here's hoping everything's fixed by then.
Did you have hdr and dlss enabled? Dlss caused the same windowed issue for me in combination with hdr and disabling dlss and restarting fixed it.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Did you have hdr and dlss enabled? Dlss caused the same windowed issue for me in combination with hdr and disabling dlss and restarting fixed it.
I appreciate the suggestion, but no. I don't have an HDR monitor, and I disabled DLSS, though the issue persisted. It's a bummer too, as I just finished watching the Digital Foundry PC analysis so I was all hopped up and stoked to play it lol.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
If you have the choice that would be the least preferable platform at the moment. People report major sound issues and lots of crashes and the games gamma is broken on X.

Gamma issue isn't that bad and I'm not sure the sound issues or crashes are platform exclusive. The sound mixing is likely terrible on both with the only difference being PS4 doesn't support Atmos.

1X is 4K vs 1440p and also had better frame rate according to DF so the difference in performance is pretty big. A lot of the bugs could easily be fixed in a patch soon too so I'm not sure it really makes much sense buying it on PS4 Pro if you have both.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Would anyone that's playing on Ranger Hardcore be willing to try this out:

https://amp.reddit.com/r/metro/comments/ar946q/psa_enable_quick_save_load_in_ranger_hardcore/

If it works I'll start over ASAP on Ranger Hardcore. The no quick save was the only thing stopping me from playing that mode.

I hate bumping stuff, especially my own stuff but since the game overwrites your one save, and I'm about 3 hours in to my Hardcore run, I don't want to restart just to test this out. Is anyone on Ranger Hardcore able to test this out? Should be quick to check. Thanks in advance.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Gamma issue isn't that bad and I'm not sure the sound issues or crashes are platform exclusive. The sound mixing is likely terrible on both with the only difference being PS4 doesn't support Atmos.

1X is 4K vs 1440p and also had better frame rate according to DF so the difference in performance is pretty big. A lot of the bugs could easily be fixed in a patch soon too so I'm not sure it really makes much sense buying it on PS4 Pro if you have both.

I'm not having issues with the sound, to be honest.

The gamma issues are caused by the system. Blacks get crushed, which I really hate. I'd rather play at 1440p in that case. Can't see the difference anyway at the distance I'm sitting at.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is exactly what I wanted from FO 76. A post apocalyptic scenario, exploring on your own terms and being rewarded with loot and world building, looking for resources, crafting and weapon modifications. All held together with story and pretty graphics.

metroexodus_2019_02_185kco.png

This game scratches a very special need of mine!

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm not having issues with the sound, to be honest.

The gamma issues are caused by the system. Blacks get crushed, which I really hate. I'd rather play at 1440p in that case. Can't see the difference anyway at the distance I'm sitting at.

You seem to be under the impression that all the issues are in Xbox and PS4 doesn't have any. I've seen PS4 complaints about everything except gamma.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are the other 3 hub worlds as dense as the first one? Cause there is a lot to do in the first one if you are into scavenging and clearing hotspots. I love how you find the places through binocs and mark them on the map. The way storms move in too is awesome. I was outside a bunker and saw thunder and dark clouds in the distance. Went inside and then 5 minutes later heard rain and thunder from inside the bunker and came out and it was a crazy storm.

This game honestly feels like the devs looked at the original promises the first Stalker was hyping up with a dynamic playing area and then they made that.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
So does anybody understand the workbench at the train? The dude says you can pickup clean weapons there, but if I select another weapon and the pick the Kalash again, it's still dirty when I add all attachments.

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, so first impressions on PS4 Pro;

Graphics are amazing. The atmosphere is fantastic, there is a lot of detail in the world and the lighting/effects are good. Looks like Metro basically.

Performance has been fine so far. I've not noticed any obvious frame rate drops, although I do tend to go slowly everywhere.

Combat/controls are sluggish. There is weight to them which I assume is a design choice, but I have had some minor issues with how inexact the aiming can feel. Sometimes lining up a headshot feels more effort than it should be, but generally I've not found it a chore

The opening chapter in Moscow is.....ok. There are a lot of cutscenes and forced walking. I don't mind too much and obviously it's setting up the narrative and characters etc, but you do feel control is being taken away a little bit too often. Just reached Volga now where it appears to open up a bit more.

So yeah, pleased with it so far.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone figured out how to fix the different sensitivity of X and Y axis with controller? And how to increase overall controller sensitivity?

Deleted member 49319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 4, 2018
In caspian desert, on the shipwreck is there a way to
release the prisoners?
I can't find a way to get to the lower level
4cvwKyx.jpg

A guide I found says kills all enemies to complete the side mission, but there is still a question mark on my map.

Last edited:

idonteven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
checkpoints are weird...had to start a fucking cutscene again after failing a mission -.-

its a nightmare on ranger hardcore where u die a lot

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
i didn´t read the thread because I wanted to have an untainted opinion of the game as it was one of my most anticipated ones this console generation. playing on ranger hardcore on a PS4Pro. well, this game is like a wet dream for anyone who loved S.T.A.L.K.E.R….this is the real deal, a true successor to the original formula!

as soon as I arrived in the first big map, soaking in the thick atmosphere I was completely in heaven! this is what I wanted for years, this game is one to make me stop in awe looking at the details, absorbing this tremendously well done atmosphere and ambiance…when a rainstorm sets in you really can feel the weather, you are there. and you have LONG NIGHTS which is awesome, too many games have those 3minute nights, here it lasts way longer and it is soooo good.

then, when i encountered the first enemies I opted for a clean headshot and nothing happened. the enemies were on higher ground, they recognized me and began walking in the air, a few metres above the ground. in this moment everything fell apart and I thought "oh god, no…"

let me get this straight I think this is one of the most atmospheric worlds ever created in a game but this is the most infuriating AI i´ve encountered in a LONG time. you have enemies walking in the air, glitching around or into another, shooting through walls, enemies in T-Pose walking through locked doors and enemies standin around doing nothing.

it is UNACCEPTABLE in 2019, 15 years after Far Cry 1 this stuff is just inexcusable and it is rage inducing.

I am so torn on this game and it breaks my heart but I think I just can´t continue with the game for now, I am playing on ranger hardcore, played through the first wide linear section, completed it and I am back in the train. this AI stuff is taking me out of the experience big time, this stuff is immersion breaking to a level it gets annoying…I am really sad about these problems because frankly the game itself Is shockingly well done..

not mentioning the audio bugs, the wrong deadzone or the superslow movement or long longtimes, I can deal with everything but the AI is making this game very hard to swallow.

at this point I am debating selling the game and waiting for the redux version on next gen consoles as I don´t think this AI is fixable in the short term, this is completely broken stuff which doesn´t work at all.

at the moment I feel robbed of a potential stunning experience and I am very sad because of it. this is a diamond(!) in the rough and seldomly it felt so bad to see technical bugs dragging the whole experience down.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
i didn´t read the thread because I wanted to have an untainted opinion of the game as it was one of my most anticipated ones this console generation. playing on ranger hardcore on a PS4Pro. well, this game is like a wet dream for anyone who loved S.T.A.L.K.E.R….this is the real deal, a true successor to the original formula!

as soon as I arrived in the first big map, soaking in the thick atmosphere I was completely in heaven! this is what I wanted for years, this game is one to make me stop in awe looking at the details, absorbing this tremendously well done atmosphere and ambiance…when a rainstorm sets in you really can feel the weather, you are there. and you have LONG NIGHTS which is awesome, too many games have those 3minute nights, here it lasts way longer and it is soooo good.

then, when i encountered the first enemies I opted for a clean headshot and nothing happened. the enemies were on higher ground, they recognized me and began walking in the air, a few metres above the ground. in this moment everything fell apart and I thought "oh god, no…"

let me get this straight I think this is one of the most atmospheric worlds ever created in a game but this is the most infuriating AI i´ve encountered in a LONG time. you have enemies walking in the air, glitching around or into another, shooting through walls, enemies in T-Pose walking through locked doors and enemies standin around doing nothing.

it is UNACCEPTABLE in 2019, 15 years after Far Cry 1 this stuff is just inexcusable and it is rage inducing.

I am so torn on this game and it breaks my heart but I think I just can´t continue with the game for now, I am playing on ranger hardcore, played through the first wide linear section, completed it and I am back in the train. this AI stuff is taking me out of the experience big time, this stuff is immersion breaking to a level it gets annoying…I am really sad about these problems because frankly the game itself Is shockingly well done..

not mentioning the audio bugs, the wrong deadzone or the superslow movement or long longtimes, I can deal with everything but the AI is making this game very hard to swallow.

at this point I am debating selling the game and waiting for the redux version on next gen consoles as I don´t think this AI is fixable in the short term, this is completely broken stuff which doesn´t work at all.

at the moment I feel robbed of a potential stunning experience and I am very sad because of it. this is a diamond(!) in the rough and seldomly it felt so bad to see technical bugs dragging the whole experience down.

I've played for about 10 hours and I have not encountered the AI/walking in the air thing you describe. What platform do you play on?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I've played for about 10 hours and I have not encountered the AI/walking in the air thing you describe. What platform do you play on?

PS4Pro...the AI is completely broken in this game
you can see it in Jim Sterlings video in the beginning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaSDvSLErw0, this happened all the time for me, i even had enemies walking through locked doors and concrete walls...it it just inexcusable, as good as the game is and i really LOVE what i have played so far i don´t want to deal with this broken mess anymore, at least not on ranger hardcore...and if i play it on normal i feel robbed of my hardcore experience.

maybe they can adjust this with patches, i really hope so...but somehow i think the AI is just too broken to be fixable, this game is like Stalker and it has bugs like Stalker..it was not ready for release at all imo.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
PS4Pro...the AI is completely broken in this game
you can see it in Jim Sterlings video in the beginning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaSDvSLErw0, this happened all the time for me, i even had enemies walking through locked doors and concrete walls...it it just inexcusable, as good as the game is and i really LOVE what i have played so far i don´t want to deal with this broken mess anymore, at least not on ranger hardcore...and if i play it on normal i feel robbed of my hardcore experience.

maybe they can adjust this with patches, i really hope so...but somehow i think the AI is just too broken to be fixable, this game is like Stalker and it has bugs like Stalker..it was not ready for release at all imo.

I'm on Pro to, bit I'm glad I haven't encountered this (yet). It's weird some of us have these bugs and other have not.

Oct 27, 2017
Playing on PC. It's absolutely worth the price of admission. It's an unbelievably beautiful world, and the controls, most importantly, feel great.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
The atmosphere is second to none in this game but I just wish the gunplay was smoother. Aiming definitely feels off to me, especially after playing apex legends. Honestly still loving the hell outta this game tho haha great job 4A, just hope you guys will patch and maybe make the aiming a lil smoother if possible
So it has exactly the same problem of the previous chapters. It's my main issue with the series. Exceptional atmosphere but I can't have fun to shoot because aiming feel unnatural and unprecise compared a normal fps. Never understand what's going on there.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
So it has exactly the same problem of the previous chapters. It's my main issue with the series. Exceptional atmosphere but I can't have fun to shoot because aiming feel unnatural and unprecise compared a normal fps. Never understand what's going on there.

Previous chapters as in 2033 and LL? I admit Exodus feels a bit more sluggish, but I had no issues with the first 2 games. Shooting and aiming felt very good in the Redux PS4 versions.

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
The input lag on PS4 Pro is absolutely killing this game for me. I can put up with the 30 fps but I can't handle that and a delayed input for buttons and joysticks. Its almost an entire second long of a delay and doesn't feel right at all.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
The input lag on PS4 Pro is absolutely killing this game for me. I can put up with the 30 fps but I can't handle that and a delayed input for buttons and joysticks. Its almost an entire second long of a delay and doesn't feel right at all.

i don´t think it is input lag, it seems there is something wonky with the deadzone...when wiggling the analog stick it reacts fast enough but it seems like the deadzone is wrongly adjusted. oh and the y-axis moves slower than the x-axis. they need to look at that asap, i don´t know how they could ship it like this...

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
i don´t think it is input lag, it seems there is something wonky with the deadzone...when wiggling the analog stick it reacts fast enough but it seems like the deadzone is wrongly adjusted. oh and the y-axis moves slower than the x-axis. they need to look at that asap, i don´t know how they could ship it like this...
Button presses also have a delay, it isn't just the joysticks.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
In Volga quick question about mission structure I guess.

I just got back from the church rescuing the mother and daughter now I have to go find a mechanic. My question is do the missions ever open up a bit more to let you explore without feeling like you're going against the story?

Like I want to explore the area but it doesn't make sense to me to do so when the missions objective is clearly in a certain location.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Reading this thread convinced me to buy the game last night. Thanks guys. Now I just started 2033 since I haven't played the first two, so i thought I'd play them through sequentially.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
In Volga quick question about mission structure I guess.

I just got back from the church rescuing the mother and daughter now I have to go find a mechanic. My question is do the missions ever open up a bit more to let you explore without feeling like you're going against the story?

Like I want to explore the area but it doesn't make sense to me to do so when the missions objective is clearly in a certain location.
the main quest will lead you more or less through the whole map. so can explore the northeast later and not now when the main quest leads you into the southwest.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Anybody who is playing o Ps4 in HDR, what do you see on the gamma screen, are all 3 stars easily visible?

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Those damn disappearing throwing knives...

Do you get quests from the radio on the aurora? Because some kid was like help usssss and monster noises.