• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Only real bug I got on my Pro is borked sound explosions, takedowns and moving levers is dead quiet rest is all right. No super loud footsteps at least

Chasm of the Abyss

Alt-Account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
UK
I made a mistake exploring most areas of the first hub area before doing the missions as the missions then took me back to those locations...

The enemies in the locations stayed dead, at least.

Bright

Sep 15, 2018
Was really regretting my purchase after the first 2 hours or so but then the game really hit its stride in the first open area. I have had some sound glitches and 2 crashes while playing on the Xbox one X. God the game is so damn pretty and dense. The little details everywhere are just astounding. Really hope the other areas are as large and impressive as the first.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
looks like I hit a gamebreaking bug at the end of hub 1, krest is supposed to steer the captured boat but he is just bugging out so I can't progress.

edit: I anyone hits the same bug, just reload the checkpoint until it works. got that from the steam forums and for me it worked after about 6 reloads.
luckily there is a checkpoint right before that.

Last edited:

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
looks like I hit a gamebreaking bug at the end of hub 1, krest is supposed to steer the captured boat but he is just bugging out so I can't progress.

which leads me to another thing that is baffling: the save system. how can they provide only 2 slots where one is overwritten most of the time? with so many technical bugs in the game it would have been at least the most logical thing to provide many save slots to have the player roll back in case of a bug like this...

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
is it me or the boat controls are kinda shitty?
i have almost no problem with the general heavyness of the movements but the boat seems extra-clunky...

also the aim with a pad is kinda imprecise.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Not to be overly negative but I'll echo a few thoughts people are having in here. I'm just not having any fun at all, the issues I'm having are spoiling any enjoyment I might get.
I can take jank but when every movement feels completely off, nah.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
how can i make the single bullet shotgun that i see in the previuos trailers of the game?
for now i only have the magnum, the assault rifle and the air-pressure rifle.
do i have to pick him from enemies in the first open area?

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Tried this today, goddamn the controls are God awful. I just don't understand how games can be released with huge dead zones and weird aim acceleration. I refuse to believe I'm a totally atypical gamer, and that most people are fine with these things.

Ubisoft have their faults but their controls are always on point, even with huge and retails open worlds. No excuse for games like Prey (I know it was patched), Dishonored 2, RDR2, and now Exodus.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Reading all the negative comments in regards to controls and performance, I'm glad I cancelled my preorder.
Will definitely jump on it after 1-2 major patches.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit this game just got massively better once let off the leash to go do my own thing (and not have NPC's in my ear constantly). Very STALKER like ........

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Is there a way to get rid of the Tikhar gun from my inventory? Entered the desert area now and I love my upgraded Kalash and revolver but barely use my Tikhar. Would rather have a shotgun in that slot :-/

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Was really regretting my purchase after the first 2 hours or so but then the game really hit its stride in the first open area. I have had some sound glitches and 2 crashes while playing on the Xbox one X. God the game is so damn pretty and dense. The little details everywhere are just astounding. Really hope the other areas are as large and impressive as the first.

Glad to hear this because I really wasn't feeling the opening of the game and I haven't gone back yet.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

edit: I anyone hits the same bug, just reload the checkpoint until it works. got that from the steam forums and for me it worked after about 6 reloads.
luckily there is a checkpoint right before that.

Forums are useful? No way :D Now just tell me that you bought game on Epic Store. :D

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do the difficulty modes work?

I'm in the mood for something pretty immersive and intense - is Ranger Hardcore or whatever harsh but fair?

I like harsh but fair; I don't like bullet sponges and arbitrarily low health.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
How do the difficulty modes work?

I'm in the mood for something pretty immersive and intense - is Ranger Hardcore or whatever harsh but fair?

I like harsh but fair; I don't like bullet sponges and arbitrarily low health.

on consoles hardcore ranger is brutal because you have no quicksave-but i love it. you could also opt for hardcore which is also intense but with quicksave, either way on hardcore/ranger hardcore this game is immersive as fuck, you will be on the edge of your supplies and happy about every crap you scavenge to build more bullets. makes for a tremendous experience when it comes to immersion for sure!

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
on consoles hardcore ranger is brutal because you have no quicksave-but i love it. you could also opt for hardcore which is also intense but with quicksave, either way on hardcore/ranger hardcore this game is immersive as fuck, you will be on the edge of your supplies and happy about every crap you scavenge to build more bullets. makes for a tremendous experience when it comes to immersion for sure!
Nice. I read somewhere that enemies still go down quick on that difficulty - is that the case? I can't stand it when I have no health but enemies take a beating.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I've put a good amount of time into it I'll post my gameplay thoughts.

I'm having fun with it. The mild progression (unlocks and maintenance), environment exploration, open gameplay design (tackle many areas in different ways), and story elements (caring about the characters and the world) are keeping me interested.

Gameplay is fun, I like the combat, but it is so easy on normal. At least so far I haven't been in serious danger (but I have died). I would consider serious danger being real low on supplies through a long and taxing area.

I like that there is a sort of environment progression. Basically I killed a big baddie in an area with a scripted event you can completely miss or whiff, and now the baddie is gone. That is very cool. It'd be like killIng Mr. X with a clever trick.

So far it's my GOTY, but not by leaps and bounds or anything. #2 is Wargroove.

No crashes at all. Had a handful of minor visual or HUD bugs. One time a black void opened before me, slowly opening like a portal to another world, when I moved it went away.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Niiiiiice

Ooh getting excited. Just invoiced for a ton of work so keen for that to come in

Be aware that you can only rely on autosaves in Ranger Hardcore, leaving you up shit creek in the open world where the game randomly decides to save or not to save, resetting all your progress if you get jumped. It's fine in the linear missions but sucks when it comes to exploring outside.

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so after three hours of gameplay yesterday, today the game always crashes in the menu, lots of flickerings pre-crash, damn, reinstalling the game haven't helped.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Is anybody else finding the image quality on PC really washed out? It's like there's a gamma bug or something.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
the early parts before you get on the train seems impossible to knock out all the enemies...you either have to kill all of them or just sneak your way through or knock out a select few without alerting anyone...I tried to knock out every enemy but it seems really difficult

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still in the first hub doing the side stuff and so far I appreciate the frequency of checkpoints on Ranger Hardcore. It seems like there's a checkpoint in front of any bandit camp and I'm glad because I like to stealth my way around, it's no biggie if I die at the start.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm many hours deep into the story now and I.. don't know if I like this?

I really liked the first section in Moscow and I like the more linear, tighter underground areas that occur later on. The open world sections though? It's just not doing it for me. I'm just finding the controls and general slow feel of the game are a real detraction in the open areas. I'm also finding myself getting very frustrated by the lack of ammo (especially when I get ambushed by six monsters). I know, I know, inventory management is a staple of the Metro series. Something about that in the open world setting just isn't working for me though.

I really loved Metro 2033 and Last Light (especially LL) and I'm disappointed this isn't working out for me. The story and characters are great, as always, but the gameplay is really bogging it down for me. Very disappointed.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm tapping out somewhat early on Exodus. I'm a decent fan of the series (I thought 2033 was massively overrated versus the hype, but that's a story for another time), and a huge STALKER fan, but this isn't really scratching either itch and I'm not sold on what 4A were trying to accomplish.

The fundamental issue I have is in the open hubs and the overwhelming feeling of purposelessness I have in them. STALKER succeeded as the high level player agency meant my presence in the game world existed only as an expression of myself, in that I chose what missions I wanted to do and when, I chose how to act, and I chose where to go. This works in a survival-like framework as the pacing is player controlled and resources are a measurable scarcity. Exploring optional areas came with a thrill of not just uncovering the unknown, but maybe acquiring better gear, or resources to sell to upgrade my existing gear. The huge assortment of weapons, equipment, store goods, etc etc. I felt like I was always working towards something, and that something was varied and based on my choice.

With Exodus I can't shake the looming push by the narrative that for me trivialises the progression, because I don't care about the narrative. The cast is boring, the premise is a dull set up and delivered awfully due to a messy audio mixing, and so any moment I'm engaging with NPCs and having the narrative build its world I either have no idea what's going on or don't care. And because there's no real sense of open progression, it's all an illusion, I can't help but feel all my secondary exploring is just burning the fuse, buying time unnecessarily as the game inevitably funnels me towards some NPC-related story objective of which I have no choice in or sense of presence.

Basically, I don't give a flying fuck about anyone or anything, and I don't feel the game cares enough to reward my investment in the world its created. Maybe I could go explore that area over there? Yeah but then I have to chew through a ton of mutants with my already limited ammo in faux-open areas and be rewarded with nothing that really helps me progress into the story missions I'll be rapidly funnelled into anyway, wherein I'll inevitably have several boring characters talk over each other, have to shoot scripted mutant and/or human encounters, and then be talked at or forced into situations my mute protagonist is just a passenger in. Scatter a ton of self indulgent first person over scripted cinematic moments and we're done.

I don't want to drag others into my cyclone of cynicism and I really want to give it more of a shock, but this is probably going to end up in the same camp as Wolfenstein The New Colossus: Disappointment.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Previous chapters as in 2033 and LL? I admit Exodus feels a bit more sluggish, but I had no issues with the first 2 games. Shooting and aiming felt very good in the Redux PS4 versions.
Remasters were even steady 60fps and I can't explain the tech reason, but it was the first time for me to struggle to aim properly. I imagine this problem has became more evident now in unsteady 30fps.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I'll echo others and say aiming with a pad is bad. Just feels stiff and hard to nail down a headshot. I could use KBM but as it's a single-player game I just want to kick back.

I've only found a couple optional things (a key from a guy I saved that opened an extra room in the story mission, the teddy bear, and the guitar) in the first open-world area but otherwise the exploration hasn't really yielded much of note. Bullets, crafting materials, and gun parts. I think I'm near the end of this area; just brought back the train car. The game is alright, looks great.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm tapping out somewhat early on Exodus. I'm a decent fan of the series (I thought 2033 was massively overrated versus the hype, but that's a story for another time), and a huge STALKER fan, but this isn't really scratching either itch and I'm not sold on what 4A were trying to accomplish.

Totally in agreement with what you've said. I struggled to articulate my problem with this game, but I think you've nailed it.