Metro Exodus | OT| Life imitates Artyom

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
I found a way to run forever without Artyom getting tired

If you take out your map just before he runs out of breath, it resets the step counter and you can run again. Just keep repeating for infinite stamina

Ive been abusing this glitch so much in the desert level

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the third open world area and am almost at the end now. The boss at the end of that area was some bullshit, I had to look up what to do. You can't kill it in a normal way, you have to do a certain amount of damage AND be standing in the right place. That chapter was not my favorite. The last chapter seems pretty linear so far, but not too bad. Will see how this thing ends.

Nov 8, 2017
Regarding that boss, yes, weak stuff, but I don't think you have to do a certain amount of damage? I did almost no damage and still triggered the end of the fight.

I had an instance where he got stuck tho and I shot an andless amount of bolts in his nose for shits'n giggles.

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding that boss, yes, weak stuff, but I don't think you have to do a certain amount of damage? I did almost no damage and still triggered the end of the fight.

I had an instance where he got stuck tho and I shot an andless amount of bolts in his nose for shits'n giggles.
That fight in third area lasted only seconds lol...so dunno about damage.

Fire is always a good choice FYI..I used three.
It's weird. You have to be standing by the crank/cliff edge but not at the beginning of the battle/before you do some damage. I had initially assumed that I needed to bait him into charging off the cliff, which it turns out was half-right, but that didn't work, so I tried to kite him for a while before I realized he couldn't reach me if I stood behind the crank area, so after failing to kill him with all of my ammo, I had to look it up. After looking it up, I had success after hitting him with 3 molotovs and some exploding crossbow rounds to trigger the cutscene while I stood by the crank. It seems to be the sort of thing that's either no problem because you stood by the crank at the right time, or very frustrating because you stood by the crank before doing enough damage and thought that the solution didn't involve that area.

Oct 25, 2017
Very sorry for the double post, finished the game. Thoughts:

Positives:
+ Game looks great, even at 1440p with DLSS. I was able to run at ultra settings and high RTX on a 2080 without much problem.
+ Nice creepy atmosphere at times, particularly the final area.
+ I like the backpack and crafting system for the most part.
+ Colonel Miller is pretty good. I enjoyed traveling with him during missions.

Negatives:
- Characters and voice acting are normally a miss rather than a hit. Miller, Giul, and Olga are pretty good. Everyone else is pretty bland. I wish some characters like the Baron got more time to shine.
- Maps are deceptively linear, especially in the latter half of the game. It's rarely worthwhile to explore; I think I only got two or three upgrades that were worth it by exploring question marks on the map.
- Related to the last point, boat sections suck. You're never given the chance to really explore out on the water a lot; it's usually a rather obvious funnel to the next objective. Cars aren't much better.
- You're forced to play without really taking advantage of the gun mechanics for about half of the game if you want the good ending. Which turns half the game into either a mediocre stealth game or a ridiculous journey of face punching.
- I couldn't get the aiming and guns to feel as good as other shooters at any point, either in aiming (on mouse/keyboard) or in feedback. I started off with a peashooter that couldn't really kill anything, and eventually I got portable death machines that killed everything in one or two hits. There wasn't any smooth progression between the two, although I'm assuming difficulty helps with that. Maybe it was because I was punching things in the face for long stretches of the game because people told me not to kill things.

I enjoyed my time with it, though. Not one of my favorites, but I'd give it a 7.5/10.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
It's weird. You have to be standing by the crank/cliff edge but not at the beginning of the battle/before you do some damage. I had initially assumed that I needed to bait him into charging off the cliff, which it turns out was half-right, but that didn't work, so I tried to kite him for a while before I realized he couldn't reach me if I stood behind the crank area, so after failing to kill him with all of my ammo, I had to look it up. After looking it up, I had success after hitting him with 3 molotovs and some exploding crossbow rounds to trigger the cutscene while I stood by the crank. It seems to be the sort of thing that's either no problem because you stood by the crank at the right time, or very frustrating because you stood by the crank before doing enough damage and thought that the solution didn't involve that area.
Dunno I didn't get there right off the bat, so maybe not rushing there is the key.

Dec 7, 2018
Now that I am at the very end I see all the complaints. Initially I didn't think the sound design was that bad or the story was that annoying, but by the end it def feels that way.

I strongly dislike 2 or 3 areas where you had to wear a gas mask most of the time and it goes on for a while. I never got any upgrade to store more mask filters if there was one so I found myself getting stuck in these areas. The problem is there are two saves - yours and the autosave. The autosave would usually be no more than a few minutes in the past while the save I made would be 10+ minutes back sometimes. There were never enough filters. I'd reach an area where he runs out and I struggled to find the filters in time. After a half a dozen tries with the autosave I'd revert back to the save I made, thus losing the autosave progress, and have to run full speed through levels again. That took away from the exploring aspect of it, which was the best part.

Oct 27, 2017
Finished it. Fun game! Some thoughts;

- I'm not sure the open world added a huge amount. It didn't find it particularly worthwhile exploring, only the odd bit of gear and side areas where always small and finished quickly so didn't do much to flesh out the world. I was hoping for some more complex open world levels, a mix of overworld and below ground. It's really a much more linear experience than I was expecting, which is fine, Metro seems to work best as a basically linear game.

- Those areas where it goes classic Metro were great, some of the best in the series (spider bunker, Dead City etc)

- Voice acting was rubbish. Sound mixing was rubbish.

- Atmosphere and graphics were absolutely top notch, looked amazing on Pro. Ran pretty well too, preset 2 all sliders to max and it felt decently smooth to shoot.

I enjoyed it a lot overall. I got the bad ending I assume because I pretty much killed everyone. Got to say, I can't imagine ever getting the good ending, the game gives you all these tools to kill people and then expects you to avoid or punch them. I did lots of decent karma stuff, but I reckon killing pretty much everyone in Taiga did me in, ha.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
UK
I enjoyed it a lot overall. I got the bad ending I assume because I pretty much killed everyone. Got to say, I can't imagine ever getting the good ending, the game gives you all these tools to kill people and then expects you to avoid or punch them. I did lots of decent karma stuff, but I reckon killing pretty much everyone in Taiga did me in, ha.
that would do it considering you shouldn't kill any pioneers or pirates in Taiga.

Ok. Fuck this game.

I played it for about four hours tonight and got to the last part of the desert’s story segment. I had to go into some tunnels, but the map didn’t highlight that and I accidentally drove a little too far.

No problem. I’ll just turn around. Right? Nope.

Spotlights targeted me and then mortars repeatedly fell from the sky. Every time I reloaded the checkpoint I could only run so far before getting killed with a single mortar.

I tried twenty times to survive but couldn’t. My only option was to restart the chapter and redo two hours’ worth of mindnumbingly boring semi open world shit in the game’s dullest level.

Screw that. I’ll return the piece of shit and call it a day. Saves me from having to spend hours playing it tomorrow

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Ok. Fuck this game.

I played it for about four hours tonight and got to the last part of the desert’s story segment. I had to go into some tunnels, but the map didn’t highlight that and I accidentally drove a little too far.

No problem. I’ll just turn around. Right? Nope.

Spotlights targeted me and then mortars repeatedly fell from the sky. Every time I reloaded the checkpoint I could only run so far before getting killed with a single mortar.

I tried twenty times to survive but couldn’t. My only option was to restart the chapter and redo two hours’ worth of mindnumbingly boring semi open world shit in the game’s dullest level.

Screw that. I’ll return the piece of shit and call it a day. Saves me from having to spend hours playing it tomorrow
Desert is the best area of the game.

Also save often...

Oct 25, 2017
So did they update the DLSS at some point? I watched the DF coverage when it came out and it seemed like it wasn't the best. I'm playing it for myself now, and it actually looks pretty great! I actually didn't realize DLSS was on at first (although I should have realized sooner since my FPS was so high) :P

So did they update the DLSS at some point? I watched the DF coverage when it came out and it seemed like it wasn't the best. I'm playing it for myself now, and it actually looks pretty great! I actually didn't realize DLSS was on at first (although I should have realized sooner since my FPS was so high) :P
yeah they patched it with improvements from the AI training. DLSS looks great now, it was garbage at launch.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
It's shit

It autosaved for me right at that point, screwing me over. I never had the option to load a personal save. I tried.

Thanks for the assistance..
What assistance can anyone give?

And you ain't enjoying the game so does this really matter anyway?

The game is far from shit though. But as you're not enjoying it regardless of this save issue seems like it was for the best.

What assistance can anyone give?

And you ain't enjoying the game so does this really matter anyway?

The game is far from shit though. But as you're not enjoying it regardless of this save issue seems like it was for the best.
Leaving it unfinished bugs me.

I didn't appreciate the flippancy of your comment, since there's nothing that I could've done to avoid that.

Dec 7, 2018
Oct 27, 2017
Got myself an LG C8. So I booted up Metro, and yep after playing for half an houir or so it crashed again on my X. This has to be the worst release in a while that I can think of. Will it ever get fixed?
Eventually, as much as I enjoyed Exodus I think I'm going to wait a few months before buying any of their games from now on.

This game needed to allow more saves than two. I had similar problems with losing progress because of the save system but never lost as much progress as you did.

I really enjoyed this game until about halfway through. Either I became more aware of the issues or the issues become more prevalent later in the game.
I didn’t enjoy it a lot. I don’t like how metro does open world or semi open world in Last Light or Exodus. The more contained levels were decent though.

It was due back at the library today, so I returned it and borrowed RE2. I’ve given up on metro. Maybe one day I’ll return to it if it’s free or really cheap, but I don’t want to repeat the 2,5 hour slog I just did to get to the end of the desert level again.

God I’m glad I didn’t buy it as intended

Are you fucking kidding me, the full patch for consoles still isn't out yet?
I only had to install a small patch thankfully