• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bung Hole

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Ok fuck this game. I'm on Volga map stuck in a sewer and the action button prompt has disappeared. Now I cant flip switches or pick up any items and unable to open any doors. I'm jot about to replay the whole fucking chapter. fuck this shit.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I just picked up redux for £15. I've got faith that by the time I'm finished with them the patches will have improved the issues and the game will be a bit cheaper too

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
So finished this. Got the good ending. Must say i enjoyed the game but there was something off about it. For every amazing moment there were things ripping me out and dragging it down.

Story getting tense, pulled out by terrible audio of voice acting that overlaps each other. I get in the rhythm of the game, and it freezes or glitches somehow. Tough battle? Nah the AI is so braindead.

But fuck it was good. Overall for me i would give a 7 but if it released in a better state its an easy 9. The open world segments were FANTASTIC. The crafting and exploration top shelf. Side quests and the way you initiated things with the binoculars was wonderful.

And i must say the ending level to the game....WOW. But just too many bugs and glitches. The whole sound was completely broken and my amazing home theater had to be switched off in order to even hear anything. The mix was terrible.

But yeah overall great game

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck me, the first few hours of the Taiga map are some of the most horrible sections in a single player game that I've played in what feels like ages. I don't even know where to start, it was just shitty moment after shitty moment of gameplay, it was like the devs said, "you know what guys? We should take a break from making a good game and make a shitty one for a little bit."

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Fuck me, the first few hours of the Taiga map are some of the most horrible sections in a single player game that I've played in what feels like ages. I don't even know where to start, it was just shitty moment after shitty moment of gameplay, it was like the devs said, "you know what guys? We should take a break from making a good game and make a shitty one for a little bit."

Can you explain more? Or is it just the linear nature if it you don't like? Environmentally Taiga was my favourite of the big three areas, but its linear nature does ruin it a bit but I still enjoyed it.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Can you explain more? Or is it just the linear nature if it you don't like? Environmentally Taiga was my favourite of the big three areas, but its linear nature does ruin it a bit but I still enjoyed it.
I think I started out very interested in that map and then I hit the one point where you clear out the first school area and I spent 20-30 minutes there just looking for my objective because when I look at the map it tells me that it's right in the area where I am and then I find out that oh no, you have to keep going across the map.

Then there was the section those fucking panthers or wolves or whatever keep running into you and there's always one that hits you because someone said, "we should get one to hit them each time and make them use up their medkits because that's fun gameplay." Then I got to the other camp and it was suddenly turning into dawn and I said, shit, maybe I can sneak around here and find the objective because things sound pretty urgent and nope! Right away, I get spotted even though my thing tells me that I'm not in a visible area then I spent 30 minutes trying to kite these guys around and knock them out because I didn't want to straight up kill them. Then I realize, oh okay, apparently there's a little place near here where I can sleep and wait until night time again.

So I try again at night and I can make it further this time until one of these Riddick motherfuckers somehow sees me in the dark and yells, "I've spotted him!" So I try to sneak around as well as I can until I get into the main building and then I learn that my objective is still not in this fucking area, I have to keep going deeper into the map. At this point, I straight up just turned off the game, I haven't gotten past that part yet because I need to go up a ladder and there are two enemies on high alert in that section and it's impossible to knock them out without catching a shotgun blast to the face.

Last edited:

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Still no DLSS HDR patch. Almost one month from release.
I like how Nvidia called it out in there newest patch notes under known issues:
2512505-Metro Exodus colors look over saturated and blown out when DLSS is used together with HDR -> This is an application bug.

I sent a detailed ticket into 4a and got a generic response, when I responded to that saying that they didn't address my issue at all I got this back from them:
Dear Customer,

thank you for your feedback.

This is a known problem which has already been forwarded to the devs.

Please do also see here for other known problems and temporary workarounds:
https://segmentnext.com/2019/02/15/metro-exodus-forced-dlss-fix/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/412020/discussions/0/3658515990045811621/

ME will continuously be updated and improved through future patches. Please bear with us until those issues are fixed.

Thank you for your understanding!

so I am hopefully for a fix to come soon. I really want to do my second playthrough, but waiting for the DLSS/HDR stuff to get fixed

GasPanic!

Oct 28, 2017
I'm probably halfway through Taiga and it's the worst section so far. Visually probably the best. But right now I'm sick of stealthing through endless settlements with braindead enemies. Taiga is almost like I am playing a different game when I compare it to the start of the game let alone the predecessors. Also every map features a different stereotype of villian. None of them was very convincing so far.

I still like it, because of the gorgeous graphics and the decent gunplay. Some of the exploration bits were also pretty cool.
But for now I think I am a bit tired of the game.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone meet the
real err, leader/badguy
in the desert? He had a long chat at me and that was it, nothing further, no involved in any way shape or form after that. Didn't quite get what that was all about .....

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Waiting the next patch before continuing, haven't played in a while now. Hopefully we get it by the end of the week.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Agree with the sentiment on this page-- Taiga is the worst part of the game. Shame as it's the part I was most looking forward to since it's what they showed the most of in pre release footage.

Did anyone meet the
real err, leader/badguy
in the desert? He had a long chat at me and that was it, nothing further, no involved in any way shape or form after that. Didn't quite get what that was all about .....
Happened to me as well. Convinced it was some kind of scripting error like he wasn't supposed to be there or something.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
UK
Did anyone meet the
real err, leader/badguy
Agree with the sentiment on this page-- Taiga is the worst part of the game. Shame as it's the part I was most looking forward to since it's what they showed the most of in pre release footage.

Happened to me as well. Convinced it was some kind of scripting error like he wasn't supposed to be there or something.

He is meant to be there...

So he claims he's the real baron, and the other baron is his double. Also of you visit him after the light house and after freeing the slaves etc he gives you dialogue about how he's glad you did these things as they are part of his master plan to retake power.

If you shoot his "guards" you get some kire dialogue where he starts sounding nervous. If you shoot him in the foot he confesses he isn't actually the baron and is in fact the double.

Either way he's clearly unhinged and dangerous whether the real baron or the double.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I'm probably halfway through Taiga and it's the worst section so far. Visually probably the best. But right now I'm sick of stealthing through endless settlements with braindead enemies. Taiga is almost like I am playing a different game when I compare it to the start of the game let alone the predecessors. Also every map features a different stereotype of villian. None of them was very convincing so far.

I still like it, because of the gorgeous graphics and the decent gunplay. Some of the exploration bits were also pretty cool.
But for now I think I am a bit tired of the game.

Technically only Caspian has an actual villain. The fanatics aren't really bad guys but you could see them that way. Taiga straight up doesn't have a villain.. though I suppose technically
the bear
is the villain of taiga.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Exodus doesn't have bad sections imo. Even the beginning is quite strong.
Still can't get over how good the last level was.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
It's odd, but after the last patch, I swear I get more random stutters and noticeable pop-in in Volga on the X. It's not bad by any means, but it just seemed to happen more than I remembered from my first two times through it. Either way, I love this damn game and it's easily my favorite Metro.

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
So I finished the game yesterday. Apart from Taiga being a right mediocre level, I loved the rest of the game. That last level was some real buttclench territory. Low on supplies, low on ammo and I made the mistake of still trying to check every nook and cranny on Hardcore. God bless the
Railgun
and fuck Tokarev for eating all my supplies and shit right before every new mission. I'm sure that motherfucker was sticking all my spare chemicals and metal scraps up his butt, coz I was seeing no maintenance work being done on the Aurora. I grew to love the entire crew as they had actual personalities and quirks but fuck
Damir for leaving my team

Got the Good Ending and I agree with the people who said that the story ends abruptly. However, I'm not sure if it would have been such a good idea to create yet another level to show the crew reaching their final destination seeing as how the game was not short by any stretch of imagination. Maybe we'll get that part in the Expansion Pass content?

Oct 26, 2017
UK
So I finished the game yesterday. Apart from Taiga being a right mediocre level, I loved the rest of the game. That last level was some real buttclench territory. Low on supplies, low on ammo and I made the mistake of still trying to check every nook and cranny on Hardcore. God bless the
Railgun
and fuck Tokarev for eating all my supplies and shit right before every new mission. I'm sure that motherfucker was sticking all my spare chemicals and metal scraps up his butt, coz I was seeing no maintenance work being done on the Aurora. I grew to love the entire crew as they had actual personalities and quirks but fuck
Damir for leaving my team

Got the Good Ending and I agree with the people who said that the story ends abruptly. However, I'm not sure if it would have been such a good idea to create yet another level to show the crew reaching their final destination seeing as how the game was not short by any stretch of imagination. Maybe we'll get that part in the Expansion Pass content?

Regarding ending..

I thought you could only get the good ending if all the crew stays with you including Damir?

Deleted member 49319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 4, 2018
So seems like it is impossible to get the Master of the Forest and Forest Child trophies in the same run on Ranger Hardcore?
Doing full stealth without knocking out anyone leaves me only one molotov and 14 regular arrows, which is far from enough to kick the mutant bear's ass.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Is the Dolby Atmos Option premixed in the game (like overwatch) or do I still have to activate Dolby Atmos for headphones in settings? Don't want double mixing to happen

Anyone an idea? I guess I still have to turn on the Atmos for headphones option in system settings but that would mean, 4A assumes people bought the license and the in game option is only for those. Or is it already premixed and doesn't need the Atmos for headphones option ticked?

kmetek

Nov 2, 2017
Just finished on reader for good ending + many trophies.

Now on to Ranger Hardcore + bad ending.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
So the last area and this portion of the game is significantly better than most of what leads up to it. Metro just works a lot better as a more linear and focused game. Man the sound design when you first are exploring the area is fantastic and the level had much better design that the outposts in the open world areas.

meeting with the admiral was legitimately heartbreaking.
I was very invested in this portion of the game and I think if it were like this for its entirety, even without really having the same levels of horror, it might have very well been the best metro game.

I think even with the highs of the late game it's still the weakest of the 3 but overall still a solid game that has a lot more soul than similar titles.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone an idea? I guess I still have to turn on the Atmos for headphones option in system settings but that would mean, 4A assumes people bought the license and the in game option is only for those. Or is it already premixed and doesn't need the Atmos for headphones option ticked?

Uncheck the Atmos setting in game, it sounds dreadful.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
The ending was actually perfect (got the bad one). The music and how all comes together...
It's a beautiful, beautiful game. My Goty so far, beating the excellent RE2Remake.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I really like the game but the open area is basically clear a camp full of enemies... and that's it. It's cool to explore some areas but there's really not any variety. The quests are basically grab something and bring it back or clear this area and come back too.

Last edited:

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
Some NPCs can really go on and on and on and on.
It's almost an unintentional satire of chatty NPCs. I don't usually mind when video game characters make conversation that develops their personality, clarifies their motivations or just adds some color or levity to the world, but holy crap the Metro cast just drone on and on about nothing. I appreciate what 4A was trying to do, but I found the incidental dialogue tedious more often than not.

I never skip through conversations in games, but I often felt like Metro was testing my resolve.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's almost an unintentional satire of chatty NPCs. I don't usually mind when video game characters make conversation that develops their personality, clarifies their motivations or just adds some color or levity to the world, but holy crap the Metro cast just drone on and on about nothing. I appreciate what 4A was trying to do, but I found the incidental dialogue tedious more often than not.

I never skip through conversations in games, but I often felt like Metro was testing my resolve.

I end up walking away from them because I don't find the voice acting particularly good nor what they are saying well written.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Holy hell man the mixing is breaking some important scenes toward the end where characters are talking over each other and out of turn

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Fuck man that last stretch is SO fucking good and the last enemy encounter encapsulated what was sorely missing from this game for the first two thirds. Goddamn is such a shame that the first portion of the game is just alright cuz goddamn is the home stretch incredible.

Oct 27, 2017
Just done the
spider bunker
in Caspian. That was good, classic Metro; dark, creepy, confined, little incidental stories.

Had my first freeze, opened the map while in the car and the clipboard got stuck horizontally and everything locked up.