• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Guess there are some serious bugs in NG+. Like if you enabled the radiation thing your game can glitch out at the start with 0 on filter so you die before you get a chance to get a filter.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
If I restart the Caspian level because of my progression bug/crash, will it remember all my morality points and choices?

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
If I restart the Caspian level because of my progression bug/crash, will it remember all my morality points and choices?
Yup everything before that level. It creates a seperate save file for each level you complete it uses for the level select option or when you restart a level. Though anything you did in your first play through Caspian Sea will be lost

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Started the game last night and played the first hour, I like the light on your wrist to know if you're in view, and the shooting feels MUCH better than the first game, which felt flat. Didn't play last light so can't comment.
Graphics are v impressive, especially faces etc

Katonix

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Why the graphic in this game is so unbalanced? The
Jungle area
is AMAZING while the first
snowy
area is just MEH.

Oct 26, 2017
I just started playing this on Xbox one x. Named the train and stopped for the night

1) is there an audio bug with walking. Every step sounds like 10 steps

2) anyone having issues with the game being too dark on the Xbox one X? Playing on a tcl 607 tv if that's of any use

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Only very early in at the mo but the action sequence on the train was great. Impressed so far
It's an impressive game from start to finish and the best thing about Exodus is the pacing imo.
They manage to introduce new things at a steady rate, between new areas, stories, enemies, weapons and gadgets etc..
The mix between linear levels and open world exploration is amazing.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I just started playing this on Xbox one x. Named the train and stopped for the night

1) is there an audio bug with walking. Every step sounds like 10 steps

2) anyone having issues with the game being too dark on the Xbox one X? Playing on a tcl 607 tv if that's of any use

That is the infamous tap dancing footstep audio that we've been complaining about since day one. The latest patch didn't change it all. Boggles my mind that no one over there seems to think there's a problem with it, it's ridiculously annoying and just plain stupid sounding.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Just bought this today, I'm about half way through volga I'm guessing.

Is there any point of no return for the open world suit/gun upgrades?

Alpende

Oct 26, 2017
Just caught up with the news that NG+ is already here, that's great news. Gonna replay it and get all the collectibles.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Just got a new 65" LG C8, goddamn does HDR look good coming from One X. Loading times are still atrocious though

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Enjoying this so far, it's tough, but the save system is really good so you never lose more than a few minutes (believe this was not true pre patch)
Playing around with guns and different components is fun too, I feel like the ball bearing gun is taking up a slot but daren't get rid of it as it was so OP in the first game.
What are people's 3 gun combos usuallly? I have silenced pistol, machine gun, ballbearing gun

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Thinking of picking this up.

But a question regarding New Game Plus; could I complete the main game on Normal, and then do New Game Plus on Ranger Hardcore?

Or are you locked in?

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
So I just got the passenger train.
Am I going nuts or can I not swap out the pneumatic rifle? Is there some sort of classification for each weapon socyou can't have 2 of the same type of weapon or something?

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just picked this up and I'm wondering what difficulty I should play on. I'm pretty sure I did the previous console Metro games on ranger. But at launch I watched my friend play the first couple hours on ranger and he was melting to a couple stray bullets from enemies barely on screen. Is this game harder than the others?

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Just picked this up and I'm wondering what difficulty I should play on. I'm pretty sure I did the previous console Metro games on ranger. But at launch I watched my friend play the first couple hours on ranger and he was melting to a couple stray bullets from enemies barely on screen. Is this game harder than the others?

No it isn't. There are only a couple times I can tell you in the game where it is frustrating hard because of how the game works. But I won't spoil.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Moved to Caspian. It's so different to Volga, I really like how the "levels" are so different to each other, but still feel open

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
I'm there day one if there's DLC adding a new area/storyline. But we'll see. It might be more likely they'll add locations/missions in existing enviros.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing this for about a week on the Pro, and I think I'm ready to throw in the towel as I'm just not finding it to be any fun.

Controls feel super sluggish compared to what I'm used to, including Metro LL. Sprinting feels unresponsive. I do my best to avoid confrontations with literally every monster because it's a losing battle. Guns don't do the level of damage they did in previous Metros, and you quickly run out of bullets taking on enemies. I might as well hurl insults at the creatures, because it's about as effective.

To make matters worse the loading times are shit. To the point where I sometimes wonder if there's a problem with my system. Did it stop loading?

I love the concept of hopping on a boat and exploring, but it's just not enjoyable being such an out of shape pushover that seems to get stuck on objects within the game. Getting attacked while trying to sloooowly paddle is not my idea of fun.

I'll revisit this in a year or so on PC. Right now there's just too much stuff I dislike, that's weighing down the things I do like.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just bought the game in sales today. Should I play the previous entry or it's not needed ?

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
I've been playing this for about a week on the Pro, and I think I'm ready to throw in the towel as I'm just not finding it to be any fun.

I'm kinda in the same boat. I liked the previous metro games but for some reason this one just isn't fun. I get RDR2 vibes from it in a way, the game is a pain in the ass to play. I'm playing on normal i think where "ammo is plentiful", but i am ALWAYS out of ammo and finding a workbench to make some sucks, unless i wanna trek back halfway across the world to a previously found one. None of the enemies are difficult but i always run out of ammo really soon into an outing, so i end up just running around meleeing everything to death. Its really not fun. I think maybe the ratio of bullets i can carry vs how many it takes to kill things are way out of whack.

I'm finding myself wandering around at times having no idea what to do. Often it turns out there was some obscure lever or button that i probably walked passed 100 times without seeing. I think ill finish the game, but at this point its a race to the end just to get it over with.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Anomalies are so adorable! I'm just walking around and it's just a ball of electricity minding its own business (until I get too close. *ZAP*)

Aside that, the game is simply gorgeous on PC. The NPC idle/speaking animations aren't the most up-to-snuff, but the lighting especially out in the snow look great! Muzzle flashes are splendid too. I can see why load times are perhaps a problem elsewhere, but they've been really good for me on PC (relative to the world detail).

I skimmed that someone earlier in the thread said that Anna is "overwritten" and I have to agree. She and everyone else has to speak for the screenplay and for Artyom's thoughts and it's really jarring. I'd also like to add that Artyom still being silent sans narration comes off as pretty stupid. I enjoyed Last Light and somehow forgot this major piece of information. Also, the giant catfish that can insta-kill you in a paddleboat is a horrible decision and makes the new "open" format not feel that way at all upon introduction.

Last edited:

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
So, am I missing something? This game crashes more than any game I've ever played in the last five years across two different PCs.

9900K + 2080 + 64GB + NVME (all overclocked, maxed settings) - crashes at launch. Sometimes crashes during opening cutscene. Crashed when opening options menu two minutes in.

3820K + 1080 + 16GB + SATA3 SSD (all stock, medium settings) - crashes at launch. Sometimes crashes during opening cutscene. Crashed when opening options four or five minutes in.

I literally have restarted this game for two hours and haven't played more than the first five minutes. About to throw in the towel.

I've tried both DirectX 11 and 12. I've tried full hard reboots. Like, I don't get it. No issues this week playing R6 Siege, Witcher 3, Overwatch, or PUBG across either machine. But Metro just won't f***ing run...

Dan L

Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
All overclocked 2080ti, 2700x, 16gb 3200cl14. In prob 50 hours of gameplay I've not had it crash once. Sucks you're having issues and I don't have any advice unfortunately, sorry it sounds super frustrating for you. All playing with dx12 and Ray tracing high

Xclash

Oct 25, 2017
So, am I missing something? This game crashes more than any game I've ever played in the last five years across two different PCs.

9900K + 2080 + 64GB + NVME (all overclocked, maxed settings) - crashes at launch. Sometimes crashes during opening cutscene. Crashed when opening options menu two minutes in.

3820K + 1080 + 16GB + SATA3 SSD (all stock, medium settings) - crashes at launch. Sometimes crashes during opening cutscene. Crashed when opening options four or five minutes in.

I literally have restarted this game for two hours and haven't played more than the first five minutes. About to throw in the towel.

I've tried both DirectX 11 and 12. I've tried full hard reboots. Like, I don't get it. No issues this week playing R6 Siege, Witcher 3, Overwatch, or PUBG across either machine. But Metro just won't f***ing run...

It's not just you, the game was rather buggy for myself with a 9900k/2080ti. Randomly crashing or just plain unresponsive. I also managed to get the bug where the game won't allow you to quicksave and lost an hour of progress. It's also one of the games where I played at stock since it didn't like any of my overclock profiles.

Deleted member 50735

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Pre-ordered this for x1x. Then waited for patches due to the stability issue reports. Finally gave it a whirl last night and within one hour I hit a hard freeze. It appeared to be at the end of a cutscene where the game hands back control to the player (when you have a fight with a guy in a control room). By the time this game is fit for play (if ever), I reckon it'll be half the price I paid for it. Very disappointed. But that's what I get for pre-ordering.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah I completely lost interest after waiting so long for the patch and then it not even fixing half the issues. Disappointment of the year so far.

Dan L

Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Replaying through this again, and taking my time this time and exploring everything just about done the caspian level and I think on the first two areas I have spent more time then my entire run through the first time, No way to track with EGS but I am thinking my first run was around 25 hours, I think I have probably spent 30 hours so far and not even halfway. I still am in awe the way this looks, ultra+hdr @ 4k is incredible. But the world is so well realized and feels like a living place each little area has its own story and it's totally not even key to the main story yet characters throughout will reference the things you have done in those areas, playing through again confirms it's my GOTY so far by a big margin.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Replaying through this again, and taking my time this time and exploring everything just about done the caspian level and I think on the first two areas I have spent more time then my entire run through the first time, No way to track with EGS but I am thinking my first run was around 25 hours, I think I have probably spent 30 hours so far and not even halfway. I still am in awe the way this looks, ultra+hdr @ 4k is incredible. But the world is so well realized and feels like a living place each little area has its own story and it's totally not even key to the main story yet characters throughout will reference the things you have done in those areas, playing through again confirms it's my GOTY so far by a big margin.
I'm still holding out for my second playthrough due other games, but i echo the sentiment this game being my GOTY so far. Best Metro by far.

PowerK

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Pre-ordered this for x1x. Then waited for patches due to the stability issue reports. Finally gave it a whirl last night and within one hour I hit a hard freeze. It appeared to be at the end of a cutscene where the game hands back control to the player (when you have a fight with a guy in a control room). By the time this game is fit for play (if ever), I reckon it'll be half the price I paid for it. Very disappointed. But that's what I get for pre-ordering.
Yeah I completely lost interest after waiting so long for the patch and then it not even fixing half the issues. Disappointment of the year so far.
OMG.. they still haven't fixed stability issues on a fixed hardware console??

Pagoto93

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
This game's bizarre. It does its best to engross you with an ultra realistic HUD and then completely trivialises any attempt at realism through the mute protagonist.