• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan

According to my regional pricing(South Asian Region) its like this..

The Standard Edition is originally $15 for me but with the discount its at $10 whereas the GOLD edition is originally at $21.98 for me but with the same discount its $14.98.

As for me personally, I won't be buying this right now but maybe when its like $5 min.

Link to the page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/412020/Metro_Exodus/

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's actually a really good price. I played it through GamePass but it's easily 24 dollars worth of game. Amazing tech showcase as well.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised so many waited for Steam release. Made 2nd, 3rd and 5th global top seller (standard, gold, franchise editions).
And you could play it for much cheaper before if wanted.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
I'm not surprised at all. Most PC gamers hates EGS. I'll be more surprised if it sells well on Steam because of Gamepass.
Gamepass version could not enable RTX without crashing, though (at least when I tried it, it was impossible to get it to work in DX12). Hardcore PC enthusiast with an aversion to EGS will probably get it in Steam.

Berto

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot I wanted this, now I have other stuff to play. I'll get it when it's 10€ or something.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Surprised so many waited for Steam release. Made 2nd, 3rd and 5th global top seller (standard, gold, franchise editions).
And you could play it for much cheaper before if wanted.
Dunno what's surprising about this. It sold well in the brief window it was on Steam before it got Sweeney Swiped, and it only sold around 700k on EGS, which is a lot lower than I'd have expected this game to sell given the multiple extreme discounts it's had there (ie ÂŁ7.49).

Only Borderlands 3 and WWZ, and to some degree Satisfactory have had good sales on EGS https://playtracker.net/insight/posts/top-sellers-epic-store-2019

I don't think Epic's strategy of paying to get games pulled from Steam has been effective at all. They've obviously got a bunch of users registered from these exclusives and the free games, but they've not given people much in the way of reasons to use EGS over Steam for games that are available on both concurrently, and they've not even attempted to compete with Steam for functionality/features of the client.

Valve have spent over 15 years earning people's trust and loyalty. Epic have spent a year throwing money at the problem.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Gamepass version could not enable RTX without crashing, though (at least when I tried it, it was impossible to get it to work in DX12). Hardcore PC enthusiast with an aversion to EGS will probably get it in Steam.

Yeah you can get it to work. You have to get the game to crash first so then it looks you boot up into safe mode and from there you can manually change to DX12 and enable RTX.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Do you have any data to back up the claim that most PC gamers hate EGS?
Hades sold more in a month on Steam than it did in a year on EGS.

Doesn't prove "hate", but certainly suggests that a lot of people would be disinclined to buy a game on EGS when waiting a year for a Steam version is an option.

DemonFox

Oct 29, 2017
Hades sold more in a month on Steam than it did in a year on EGS.

Doesn't prove "hate", but certainly suggests that a lot of people would be disinclined to buy a game on EGS when waiting a year for a Steam version is an option.

I don't think it's fair ist use Hades as a benchmark. That game was and still is in early access. I followed it's development since beginning and there was just not enough content for me to warrant a purchase. Now, the game has a bunch load of new content updates and it was on sale on steam, which was the reason I bought it there recently.
Borderlands and metro I purchased on the EGS and I would have bought hades on there as well if it was more complete.
I suppose it'll be the same now with metro now that it is on sale. I understand that people will most likely use steam in the end but I don't think it has anything to do with hating the epic game store.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it's fair ist use Hades as a benchmark. That game was and still is in early access. I followed it's development since beginning and there was just not enough content for me to warrant a purchase. Now, the game has a bunch load of new content updates and it was on sale on steam, which was the reason I bought it there recently.
Borderlands and metro I purchased on the EGS and I would have bought hades on there as well if it was more complete.
I suppose it'll be the same now with metro now that it is on sale. I understand that people will most likely use steam in the end but I don't think it has anything to do with hating the epic game store.
Those new content updates were on EGS too.

Nov 2, 2017
I tried to get into the series and started Metro 2033 recently. Not digging it yet. Is it better to skip to Last Light or Exodus?

Core ideas between 2033/Last Light and Exodus are the same. But Exodus is an open hub game. If don't enjoy the atmosphere and gunplay of the first two, you won't enjoy this one either.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno what's surprising about this. It sold well in the brief window it was on Steam before it got Sweeney Swiped, and it only sold around 700k on EGS, which is a lot lower than I'd have expected this game to sell given the multiple extreme discounts it's had there (ie ÂŁ7.49).

Only Borderlands 3 and WWZ, and to some degree Satisfactory have had good sales on EGS https://playtracker.net/insight/posts/top-sellers-epic-store-2019

I don't think Epic's strategy of paying to get games pulled from Steam has been effective at all. They've obviously got a bunch of users registered from these exclusives and the free games, but they've not given people much in the way of reasons to use EGS over Steam for games that are available on both concurrently, and they've not even attempted to compete with Steam for functionality/features of the client.

Valve have spent over 15 years earning people's trust and loyalty. Epic have spent a year throwing money at the problem.

It's on gamepass in addition to EGS. And gamepass is regularly sold $1 for 3 months.
And I didn't expect EGS to affect AAA sales that much, but mostly indies.

(And I'm really happy about this as someone who will only use EGS for free games.)

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
The game was pretty fun on Gamepass but I was never able to make it run without stutters in my 980Ti. Plus it had horrible bugs like losing permanent upgrades from one level to the next.

mèx

Dec 30, 2017
Italy
Would have bought it day one hadn't they pulled that stunt with EGS. Killed my hype for the game in one fell swoop.

The price is still too high, gonna wait until it's around ~20-25 euro with all DLCs.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I expected they'd put out a GOTY Edition at €60. Which they have also done, although it's €65. But an initial 40% off is of course better than expected.
There is also a standard edition at €40, which I was not counting on.

It's good that the first game escaping the clutches of EGS managed it like this, hopefully sets a precedent. Looking forward to Control GOTY Edition.

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Holy shit, I did not know that that was a thing. I tried to turn RTX on over and over on the XGP version and it just kept crashing... you telling me that the non-Windows store version isn't like this? What's causing it?

DemonFox

Oct 29, 2017
Those new content updates were on EGS too.

I didn't say they weren't. But they were not there in the beginning and a lot of folk wait until there's more content with early access games. And I think a lot of people got reminded of the game when it launched on steam and saw all the updates plus an additional sale and bought it there.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't say they weren't. But they were not there in the beginning and a lot of folk wait until there's more content with early access games. And I think a lot of people got reminded of the game when it launched on steam and saw all the updates plus an additional sale and bought it there.
Those people that "got reminded" are the people that have not at all been convinced to buy games on EGS by anything Epic have tried. There are a lot of people in that category.

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France
I'll wait for a better discount, still too expensive after one year of exclusivity (iirc it was cheaper on recent EGS sales).

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Nice price but gonna wait for the next NV gpus with RT. Will probably be back at this price then.

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
I was one of the 'lucky' ones that owned the game on Steam already, but 40% off isn't all that bad for a year old game of Exodus' caliber so I could still recommend it for people holding off due to the EGS shenanigans. I already owned everything except for the DLC for Exodus so I was able to get the DLC for €17,80 also which isn't too bad.

Still disappointed they went with Epic and I will never buy anything on EGS, but I think 40-60% discount a year later is about what I consider reasonable for something like this and will probably buy Control this summer if they do a similar discount.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Would have bought it at full price had it launched on Steam last year. 40% is a nice gesture I guess but it's still more than what I'd pay for a year old game.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Metro is currently #2, 3 and 4 on the global best sellers on Steam. Now I'm curious if it sold more on Steam or on EGS at this point.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
Just a side note, Steam REALLY needs to do a better job of surfacing what the difference between different editions of games are on the storefront.

c58c183141.png

From external googling one can learn that the Gold Edition includes the expansion pass, but there is absolutely NOTHING in the description on this page that indicates that. I know that to some extent this is on the publisher to provide that info in their description (which I've found to be hit-or-miss), but it's frustrating since I see this a lot, and Steam already has all that info in their database that they could expose in the same way they do so with bundles.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Just a side note, Steam REALLY needs to do a better job of surfacing what the difference between different editions of games are on the storefront.

It's on publisher and/or developer to make that information available.

Just like you can't really shit on Steam for having bad regional prices for some games. They give publishers tools to make pricing good, but most just choose not to.

Edit: welp... eh.. leaving it up after properly reading your second bit

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
It's on publisher and/or developer to make that information available.

Just like you can't really shit on Steam for having bad regional prices for some games. They give publishers tools to make pricing good, but most just choose not to.

I'm not shitting on Steam for it, and I noted that it's on the publisher to provide that in the description. But Steam could do a better job of providing tools for them to do so within each purchasable item entry.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Holy shit, I did not know that that was a thing. I tried to turn RTX on over and over on the XGP version and it just kept crashing... you telling me that the non-Windows store version isn't like this? What's causing it?
I remember googling the issue and concluding it was a Windows Store version issue not present in the EGS release, as multiple people reported it once it hit Gamepass.

However another kind user (sorry, didn't figure out how to quote properly from mobile) replied to my post just above detailing a workaround: booting the Windows store / Gamepass version in safe mode and changing the settings there.

Still not ideal though, and no idea what caused it.