• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Good, I was holding off on buying it for PC because of the lack of steam.

Nice to see it

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
This game is really cool, and has a great approach to the game structure with the train journey. Some of the characterization (Anna) came across as more cookie-cutter than the previous games, but if you're invested in the world, you can pretty easily look past them. Also, damned pretty with RT.

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
I lost any interest in this. I even had the chance to play it through gamepass but stopped the download halfway. Might grab it in a few years when it's super cheap.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Just about finished this on Gamepass. Can only recommend it
508a334e-cec9-4aec-9c24-e96cb9a385ce.PNG

It's great to finally see the world outside the Metro in this one

ee1a9675-fffa-47d9-a572-1d79ed38c166.PNG

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Just about finished this on Gamepass. Can only recommend it
508a334e-cec9-4aec-9c24-e96cb9a385ce.PNG

It's great to finally see the world outside the Metro in this one

ee1a9675-fffa-47d9-a572-1d79ed38c166.PNG

It really is a gorgeous game. Never thought a desert level would be my favorite level in a Metro game, but it was. I definitely want to go back to it, and also play the DLC.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I started this on gamepass, can I carry save across to steam I wonder or does UWP have some bullshit to prevent that?

I really like how the game looks in some of the creepier sections. Ray tracing will be great for next gen RE and SH.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Literally not gonna bother buying it. After their "oops sorry" I could care less about anything they release.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Staying far away from that game, after that stunt they pulled last year, when they pulled the game from sale so close to release.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Should be $39.99 max and even then fuck em ive waited this long I'll wait till its $15. They completely screwed over their customers.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Hype window is passed. I'll consider getting around to it one day once the rest of my backlog is cleared. Even then, likely on Gamepass. But hey they got that Epic bag in the 11th hour so I'm sure it was worth it.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Blasted through on GP earlier in the year. Great game. Performance was a nice surprise even at 2160 with RTX. Had a few audio issues oddly enough. Not often I get to say that lol

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I started this on gamepass, can I carry save across to steam I wonder or does UWP have some bullshit to prevent that?

I really like how the game looks in some of the creepier sections. Ray tracing will be great for next gen RE and SH.

I doubt there's an option to move your save. Do you remember how far you got?

Oct 25, 2017

According to a guide (NOTE: this guide does the reverse) it should work. Remember that Steam has the 2 hour refund if it doesn't work and it's a deal breaker.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Was it? I've played the base game and DLC without any issues.
It has issues which I'm guessing are unique to the game pass version. Some of my problems are the optimizing screen after every restart, gsync only working on native resolution and not being able to access the game files and thus, the benchmark program.

Other than that, game runs fine for me. It did crash once or twice with no error message though

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
On gamepass for me it almost always starts off in the corner of the screen when I boot it up and I have to press ALT Enter a bunch to get it to fill correct. Or I just CTRL-ALT-DEL it

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Fantastic game,well worth the wait for those that have(I played it on PS4).....looking forward to the second dlc next week which will be another open sandbox level,they were really fun to explore in the main game.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
I'm honestly conflicted on how I hope this plays out. On the one hand, I would love for it to see surge in sales once it's available on Steam so that publishers see how much money they're leaving on the table by taking Epic's deal, but on the other hand, they could just as easily take the lesson from that outcome that they can do this again and get two sales spikes instead of just the initial release.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
One of if not the best story driven game I have ever played. Sucks it got mixed up in controversies last year. 4A Games is the most underrated studio out there imo. Can't wait for the final dlc and whatever they are doing next.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna be really curious how it'll sell.. Will all the anti epic people put their money where their mouth is and buy a year old game at full price?

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great game, been playing this on gamepass (on xbox.) Really weird controller settings and stick sensitivity/deadzone, but that shouldnt be an issue on pc.

Has a lot of the vibe of a crysis game (moreso than past metros), all about swapping attatchments on your guns and stealthy combat.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Already got it on Steam, it's a solid game, closest we've come to a new S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (in some parts).

Glad more people can jump in, but I'm waiting for a GOG version + all DLCs now before jumping back in.