• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
owfQUSo.png

CnGAlyN.png
Platform(s): Windows PC, PlayStation 4, Switch, Xbox One
Release Date:
PC, XB1, PS4 - August 26, 2014​
Switch - February 28th, 2019​
Genre: First Person Shooter
Price: $49.99 USD
Player(s): 1
Format: Digital/Physical
Developer: 4A Games
Publisher: Koch Media
Size: ~6.3 GB GB

MvM5AeY.png

What is Metro Redux?
Metro Redux is a collection of the first two games in the Metro series with additional visual enhancements and gameplay tweaks.

How long are the games?
Each game is about 10 to 12 hours.

What is on the cart for the physical Switch release?
Everything, there is no mandatory download to access the content in this set.

What content is included from the original release?
You get the base games along with the post-launch DLC that the original releases got.

Is there Gyro-aiming for the Switch port?
Yes.

How does the game run on Console??
Switch (Handheld) - Reconstructed 720p@30fps
Switch (Docked) - Reconstructed dynamic 720p@30fps
PlayStation 4 - 1080p@60fps
Xbox One - 912p@60fps

Full Digital Foundry analysis of the Switch port:

Is the game enhanced on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X?
No, the game does not feature any specific enhancements for those platforms

lNsuwnb.png

dW1PHj6.jpg
pqH3rt0.jpg

SzylpWO.jpg
KQGoZom.jpg

6hpbb2Y.png

Metacritic
Xbox One | PC | PS4 | Switch
Opencritic

Nintendo Enthusiast 8/10
Metro Redux is one of my favorite shooters on the market. The survival horror aspect, while not quite taken far enough for my liking, still provides a fantastic setting to explore. While there is almost nothing revolutionary about these games, what's present is of a high caliber. If you're a fan of shooters, I'd certainly recommend adding this to your library.

cubed3 9/10
Between 2033 and Last Light, Metro Redux is a must buy for fans of the genre, fans of the medium, and fans of good stories. Metro's script is at times bone chilling, using atmosphere masterfully and showcasing a post-apocalyptic world with a true sense of community. Metro 2033 is the stronger of the two, making better use of both the setting and resource management, but Last Light nonetheless stands out as an incredibly well designed FPS, never lacking in the spirit that made its predecessor so compelling. Played back to back, Metro Redux tells a compelling, chilling story that'll stick with you long after the credits roll.

God is a Geek 8.5/10
The Metro games brought me just as much tense enjoyment now, as they did on release. Sneaking past armed guards while tucked up in bed on a quiet night, is absolutely the best way to play these games. If you can get past the lighting issues, you'll find a lot of fresh mechanics to love in the tunnels of Moscow.

9kSls8x.png

Official Site
Switch Review Thread

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Never played both games, it's gonna be my first time for both on Switch. Heard great things about them, I'm pretty hyped.

It's kinda miraculous that we're getting such games on a handheld. I wouldn't even dream about these kind of games on 3DS or Vita. Both consoles combined got only 5 FPS games.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Completely forgot that these were due out tomorrow and at such a high price too. I don't have $50 to blow on ports of games I already own but damn, am I excited to play them.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
An absolute treat if you've never played them before. I found Exodus a bit of a disappointment; but that is coming from these two spectacular games. Great atmosphere and story.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
I have it on my PC, and yet...the fact that 4A Games themselves are porting this game and have given it the care as its other, more powerful platforms, leveraging feature sets on the Switch (gyro, HD Rumble), made me compelled to preorder it.

I played a bit of Metro 2033 on PC and found it...a bit too linear for my tastes (similar issues with Bioshock). That said, I heard Last Light actually has some gameplay "meat" to it, and that it's best approached as a survival horror (limited resources, etc.)? Is this true?

Oct 25, 2017
So is the first game (2033) still worth playing at this rate? I've got it, but not sure exactly of the sequence here.

This is a remake of the first game to make it similar in look and feel to the later sequels yes? Which I know happens a lot when studios decide to do this.

Thanks in advance.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
I have it on my PC, and yet...the fact that 4A Games themselves are porting this game and have given it the care as its other, more powerful platforms, leveraging feature sets on the Switch (gyro, HD Rumble), made me compelled to preorder it.

I played a bit of Metro 2033 on PC and found it...a bit too linear for my tastes (similar issues with Bioshock). That said, I heard Last Light actually has some gameplay "meat" to it, and that it's best approached as a survival horror (limited resources, etc.)? Is this true?
Last Light can be played with limited resources or with plenty. It's your decision in how you experience the game.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Last Light can be played with limited resources or with plenty. It's your decision in how you experience the game.
What about 2033? I distinctly recall being short on ammo constantly, but segments played more like setpieces so before you had to worry about scrounging around, the level ended.

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Just waited outside my local EBgames to pick up a copy of Metro. First person in the shop, no copies on the shelves. Manager behind the counter:

- Hey bro, have you guys not put the game on the shelves yet?

- manager: We sold out on Monday.

- Mate it was meant to come out today. (Shows him the official website)

- manager: shit, I'm sorry.

Never been this pissed off with EBgames/Game Stop before.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm astonished over how good this looks on the Switch.
They did a fantastic job with it, IMO.

Deleted member 36186

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Been playing 2033 on the Switch (portable), and it looks and performs very well.

However I've had 3 or 4 crashes so far. Anyone experience this?

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
What about 2033? I distinctly recall being short on ammo constantly, but segments played more like setpieces so before you had to worry about scrounging around, the level ended.
2033 is where "Ranger" mode came from. Last Light was more action-centric but also has that Ranger Mode. The more relaxed "action" mode has been back-ported into 2033 with the Redux version, which you can select even beyond just going with the OG 2033 experience (resource scarcity etc). They options are the same for both games. Play 2033 as it was originally intended, play the Redux version, or crank it up even more with Ranger Mode and Ranger Hardcore.

Deleted member 36186

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Sad too see so few responses on this thread.
Anyone else enjoying this on switch?
I'm about 3/4 into 2033 and really having a blast playing this in portable mode at night.
The atmosphere in these games is off the charts