• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FutureLarking

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Gyro controls? I'll bite if there's gyro aiming. Otherwise I own these games free on about 3 other platforms now and gotten around to playing them šŸ˜…

Oct 26, 2017
BTW, both games on their own are up for pre-purchase on the NA eShop and have some screens. I can't grab them but someone can maybe. :P

Oct 26, 2017
Might be the retail price. On the eShop they're like $33 CDN each, but this is showing at $75.

Edit: Here are the US pages:

www.nintendo.com

Metro 2033 Redux for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy Metro 2033 Redux and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.
www.nintendo.com

Metro: Last Light Redux for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy Metro: Last Light Redux and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
If it were cheaper I'd be down but I just can't justify that price for mega late ports that are cheap as fuck on other consoles. If I had no other console I'd probably bite but man switch tax is ruthless lol.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
If it were cheaper I'd be down but I just can't justify that price for mega late ports that are cheap as fuck on other consoles. If I had no other console I'd probably bite but man switch tax is ruthless lol.

That's not a switch tax. If a Switch exclusive game were to be released for the PS4 years later, even if the game was discounted to $10 on the eshop, it is not going to priced that way on the PS4. The porting job costs a lot of money. Even as something as "simple" as adding gyro controls requires a lot of time, money, and testing to get it right. You can't expect a company to give away the game at a bargain price just because the game is already on another console.

Also, even at $10 people will find a way to complain and not buy the product. So usual practice is to price at a near-regular MSRP, some people will buy it at that price, and then when the price goes down, some other people will buy it.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
That's not a switch tax. If a Switch exclusive game were to be released for the PS4 years later, even if the game was discounted to $10 on the eshop, it is not going to priced that way on the PS4. The porting job costs a lot of money. Even as something as "simple" as adding gyro controls requires a lot of time, money, and testing to get it right. You can't expect a company to give away the game at a bargain price just because the game is already on another console.

Also, even at $10 people will find a way to complain and not buy the product. So usual practice is to price at a near-regular MSRP, some people will buy it at that price, and then when the price goes down, some other people will buy it.

The switch tax comment is a joke. Buuuuut as someone with all consoles who has seen Sony remaster and resell old titles for newer generations for years now it's not a joke entirely without merit. Switch ports have costs extra in comparison to other platforms quite often (usually because switch ports come late).

And of course there will be people who will complain no matter what the price is but come on. $60 vs. what? Less than $10 on storefronts? I understand they have to make their money back but I feel like pricing so high is just going to hurt them in the long run as it will turn a LOT of people off. Other companies did this in the past with games and then turned around and blamed low interest when in reality it was other mitigating factors.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Great games. Not interested in replaying them, but strongly recommend for Switch owners that never played.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
From wccftech:

We received word back from our contact and are happy to share that Metro Redux will run at a locked 30FPS in 720p in portable mode. While docked, the game will render in up to 1080p resolution, which suggests that the game will use dynamic rendering based on system load.

Excellent, very excited for this.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

Sure, but Metro Redux on PS4/XB1 was $50 at launch (https://camelcamelcamel.com/Metro-Redux-PlayStation-4/product/B00KF7BEFS?context=search). Obviously having to pay for the cart instead of a BR makes a difference but $50/60 is a tough pill to swallow six years later, even with the extra stuff you get going physical.

Last edited:

xxbrothawizxx

Nov 1, 2017
Gainesville, FL
Sure, but Metro Redux on PS4/XB1 was $50 at launch (https://camelcamelcamel.com/Metro-Redux-PlayStation-4/product/B00KF7BEFS?context=search). Obviously having to pay for the cart instead of a BR makes a difference but $50/60 is a tough pill to swallow six years later, even with the extra stuff you get going physical.
Buy it at Walmart if you can. They sell all Switch games for $50 at launch. Might be hard to track it down though. They don't seem to stock a lot of these types of games consistently.

Also, not sure what's going on but it's $50 at Gamestop.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Very interested to see how 4A pulls it off. That team is full of technical wizards.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Buy it at Walmart if you can. They sell all Switch games for $50 at launch. Might be hard to track it down though. They don't seem to stock a lot of these types of games consistently.

Also, not sure what's going on but it's $50 at Gamestop.

GameStop is the only one selling it physically.

I'm not paying $50 for it given how stacked this spring is. The games are OK. My point is this should have been a $40 title at most.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
I would have bitten if there had been a 60fps performance mode, like we're seeing on some other last gen ports. Oh well...
Only game with such a mode, that I recall, is Darksiders. Which other one are you referring to?

Regardless, the Metro games are very technically accomplished games, I don't think Switch could handle a 60 fps mode. Heck, I don't think even PS4 got a 60 fps mode.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Only game with such a mode, that I recall, is Darksiders. Which other one are you referring to?

Regardless, the Metro games are very technically accomplished games, I don't think Switch could handle a 60 fps mode. Heck, I don't think even PS4 got a 60 fps mode.

Grid AutoSport, Red Faction (though that one is more like an unlocked framerate; even the ps4pro version is 40-ish fps in performance mode) are those that come to mind. There may be other.
I thought Metro ran at 60fps on PS4. If it doesn't, then it's my mistake.

xxbrothawizxx

Nov 1, 2017
Gainesville, FL
Grid AutoSport, Red Faction (though that one is more like an unlocked framerate; even the ps4pro version is 40-ish fps in performance mode) are those that come to mind. There may be other.
Grid probably only has that mode because of iOS. 60fps definitely isn't anywhere near the norm. They dropped performance mode in Darksiders 2.

Metro is definitely 60fps on PS4.

Wish I could try red faction to see how much closer you can get to 60fps with an overclock. RE5 and 6 look almost locked with the overclock undocked.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Oh yeah, forgot about Grid!

Red Faction Guerilla also has performance/visuals modes.
"Performance mode" in that game barely hits 40 fps, let alone 60, lol. It stays in the mid 30s most of the time while quality mode hangs in the 20s.

Mistermetz

Jun 17, 2018
For anyone living in Germany, the physical game is available for 34,95 Euros in Media Markt locally. If you order online they will add 5 Euro for the delivery costs. Got my copy yesterday here in Dusseldorf (Media Markt at Bilker Arcaden) and played an hour in the evening. So far I am impressed. Technically it looks brilliant and I am loving the gameplay so far. Its just sad that there is no brightness adjustment setting available because it is kind of dark at all times.

Last edited:

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For anyone living in Germany, the physical game is available for 34,95 Euros in Media Markt locally. If you order online they will add 5 Euro for the delivery costs. Got my copy yesterday here in Dusseldorf (Media Markt at Bilder Arcaden) and played an hour in the evening. So far I am impressed. Technically it looks brilliant and I am loving the gameplay so far. Its just sad that there is no brightness adjustment setting available because it is kind of dark at all times.
bought it for 47 just last week. oh well.