• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain

metro-redux-beautyshot-esrb.png

We are proud to announce that Metro Redux will be coming to Nintendo Switch™ on February 28th 2020. The ultimate double game collection includes the definitive editions of both Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light, including all DLC content on the 16GB cart.

Developed in-house by 4A Games, the critically acclaimed series has been fully brought to life on Nintendo Switch™. Immerse yourself into the Moscow metro and choose between our two classic playstyles, "Spartan" and "Survival", approach the campaign in a survival horror style or tackle it with the combat skills of a Spartan Ranger.

Brave the horrors of the Russian apocalypse, pre-order a physical edition now at selected retailers to get The Ranger Cache pre-order pack which contains:

- Metro Redux pin badge set
- Game case sleeve
- Double sided alternate artwork inlay
- 4 double sided art cards
- A2 double sided poster

Source: https://www.metrothegame.com/en-us/metro-redux-nintendo-switch

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
Trailer just flies by various locations like they don't want to show a single scene for lack of quality or polish :( Hopefully this is not true and we get gameplay soon.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've never played any of these games but have always been really curious - this might be the time I jump in!

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Trailer just flies by various locations like they don't want to show a single scene for lack of quality or polish :( Hopefully this is not true and we get gameplay soon.
You can always pause the video. It Iooks pretty good but will probably be locked at 30fps unlike console Redux which are 60.

CurseVox

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts (USA)
Can't wait to see how they pull this off. Almost a competition at this point to see who can do the most magical shit on the hardware. So far The Witcher takes the crown.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Played Exodus before these, this is gonna be my first time on Switch. So excited!

This February's gonna kill my wallet though, shit's brutal: Metro Exodus, Samurai Shodown, Darksiders Genesis, Dark Crystal Tactics, Devil May Cry 3, Snack World, Two Point Hospital, Railway Empire and Megaman Z Collection. Ugh.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I was waiting for the announcement after the leaks but I'm really excited to play a Switch fps game after Doom. I didn't like Wolfenstein but this seems to be a good game by the looks of it. Never played the original versions.

Dec 23, 2017
Well this will be my next FPS on switch. Working my way through Youngblood's right now. Really not a fan of that. Never played these so I'm down.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I've always wanted to play these games but just never got around to them. I hope we get gameplay soon.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
They are ok shooters. I guess considering that there aren't many on Switch is a nice addition.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Guess there's no Direct this month :P

Cool news!

edit: whoa, both games on one cart? Noice.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
We don't know if the graphics are based on the redux version though. Might be as well X360.
I'd imagine they'll use the new current gen assets and lighting model, it's not uncommon for Switch remasters (Skyrim, DDDA, Minecraft, Darksiders, Alien Isolation, etc). Only major one I can think of that didn't was Dark Souls, which ended up being seen as a plus.

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017
Glad to see 4A did this themselves. Shows they actually give a shit about the port. It will be very interesting to see how it performs as 4A should know their engine from top to bottom.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
So I guess the physical version is gamestop exclusive then? I don't see it in other stores.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Redux runs at 60 fps locked on current machines, so it's doable without major cutbacks on the Switch

They've already stated that it will have both definitive editions of the games, so, the current gent ones

Oct 26, 2017
Hard Pass. Th*Q is involved as a parent company. Not a penny to them.
I'm on the fence now because at what point should we limit this? Like, THQN owns all of Koch Media which has their hand in so much of the EU market, and they keep buying more and more devs and publishers (Milestone Italy was another decent-sized pick-up).

They're the parent company, yes, but it's getting harder to justify the boycott when their association with these are just "they own them", rather than it being them themselves. It's eons better to avoid anything with their name on them (Darksiders for example) than games by one of their many subsidiaries. Plus who knows, they may get a far smaller percentage of money.

Again I'm on the fence. This looks like a terrific effort (on the surface) and I think deserves reward. THQN's fuckery wasn't Koch/Deep Silver's fault and there's nothing they can do about it. They can't just buy themselves out and return to being self-owned I'd assume. Well it'd be awesome, but not realistic at all.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I guess the physical version is gamestop exclusive then? I don't see it in other stores.
GameStop exclusive in the US, yes. It's the only retailer shown on the official website. I despise ordering from GS, so I'm not sure what I"m going to do. I feel like every third party Switch announcement is a monkey's paw situation.

EU folks can buy it anywhere.

IAMtheFMan

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Interesting to think about considering Metro LL was famously cancelled on Wii U. I think the developers even blasted the hardware too.

I never got around to playing LL (and now that I think about it, even beating the first game) so may pick up depending on performance.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Interesting to think about considering Metro LL was famously cancelled on Wii U. I think the developers even blasted the hardware too.

seems they said that the Wii U CPU was slow and horrible, the Switch CPU is bounds better than that.

gonna buy this day one. Only played the first Metro on PC and never bothered buying the sequel :D

Thronazuug

Mar 30, 2019
I'm on the fence now because at what point should we limit this? Like, THQN owns all of Koch Media which has their hand in so much of the EU market, and they keep buying more and more devs and publishers (Milestone Italy was another decent-sized pick-up).

They're the parent company, yes, but it's getting harder to justify the boycott when their association with these are just "they own them", rather than it being them themselves. It's eons better to avoid anything with their name on them (Darksiders for example) than games by one of their many subsidiaries. Plus who knows, they may get a far smaller percentage of money.

Again I'm on the fence. This looks like a terrific effort (on the surface) and I think deserves reward. THQN's fuckery wasn't Koch/Deep Silver's fault and there's nothing they can do about it. They can't just buy themselves out and return to being self-owned I'd assume. Well it'd be awesome, but not realistic at all.
Well, I still don't want them to have my money, even if it is the smallest amount. They're the companies want to make money, so they need to get rid of people/partners who embraces 8*ch type of places. My responsibility is not to forget.

Oct 26, 2017
Well, I still don't want them to have my money, even if it is the smallest amount. They're the companies want to make money, so they need to get rid of people/partners who embraces 8*ch type of places. My responsibility is not to forget.
Ditto. I'm just concerned at it being a futile effort at this point. THQN don't give a fuck clearly. IMO they have an easy solution if they can't legally fire the offending employees (one is on the board of directors also), and that's to just donate a big chunk of money to charities that directly counter that site's beliefs. Support charities helping child abuse victims, victims of the holocaust and such tragedies from the past (and present), support LGBT groups, etc.

That'd send a powerful message and would put their money where their mouth is. They got money to burn with all of these acquisitions, try using it for legit good after that garbage. That'd help tremendously. But them doing nothing is deafening and tells everyone that they want to pretend it didn't happen and hope folks don't care also.

Now it'd be different if I had a crystal ball seeing if they did learn their lesson and would never do a thing like that again.

Only I don't.

That's why they need to SHOW that they've learned their lesson.

However once we get to their subsidiaries that seemingly are pseudo independent (as in THQN don't exactly slap their branding or direct involvement in their games), then their involvement is deluded.

I guess it's what YOU decide to do that's important. Sadly this boycott never amounted to anything and likely never will. That's the worst thing. :/ The week after the incident, folks stopped talking about it. And sadly more companies seemingly are fine with working with them or even allowing themselves to be bought by them which raises... questions.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Ufff, After finishing Alien Isolation this is very welcomed. I hope the port is good.