• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Preordered the SE at Media Markt Germany. It´s already sold out at Amazon and Saturn.

alvmew

Nov 12, 2017
This has probably been brought up already, but I'm personally expecting another "Amiibo controversy" with this game. Given the last Mercury-Steam developed Metroid game (which I loved) had the issue with the Fusion suit and mode locked behind the Amiibo, and that we have the same producer and dev team, I think they will lock something substantial behind the Amiibo again

Still a bit disappointed I had to order the LE from Amazon Japan. Thankfully the amiibos don't unlock anything important like Returns…they don't right?

It was discussed a few posts above yours, this isn't the case.

"Scan the Samus amiibo for an extra energy tank to increase your health by 100, additionally the Samus amiibo can be tapped again to receive health once per day.

The E.M.M.I. amiibo grants Samus a Missile+ tank, increasing her missile capacity by 10, additionally the E.M.M.I. amiibo can be tapped again to replenish some missiles once per day."

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
For German folks, Saturn and Media Markt also has the special edition for preorder:

https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/produc...dition-adventure-nintendo-switch-2744312.html

https://www.saturn.de/de/product/_sw-metroid-dread-special-edition-sonstige-2744312.html

Also the price is 79,99€ in those stores! Better than the 99€ on amazon.de!

Fuuuuuuck you MediaMarkt! Get your website in order. 😭 I had it and it would not let me order. Now its gone…

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Oh well… at least there is enough hype for a Metroid game again that is crashes a major website. Let's hope for a sales hit and a Revival of the franchise!

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
I already felt the Dread while trying to preorder the Special Edition. It certainly lives up to the name! 😰

ferroseed168

Aug 8, 2018
It was discussed a few posts above yours, this isn't the case.

"Scan the Samus amiibo for an extra energy tank to increase your health by 100, additionally the Samus amiibo can be tapped again to receive health once per day.

The E.M.M.I. amiibo grants Samus a Missile+ tank, increasing her missile capacity by 10, additionally the E.M.M.I. amiibo can be tapped again to replenish some missiles once per day."
Ohh wow that's awesome! This game needs as little of the stink of controversy as possible to be a sales success (to the extent that we want it to be) so I'm glad amiibos won't be dominating the discourse on this one, like it sometimes felt like they did with Samus Returns

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
What's everyone's ranking of the Metroid series?

heres mine, I've finished all the main ones except the OG

Prime
Prime 2
Super
Prime 3
Zero Mission
Fusion
Samus Returns
Other M
Metroid II

Samus returns and fusion can swap some days. Also I at the very least like all of the games. I'd say the entire top 5 are GOATed for me, with Fusion and SR being amazing. Truly my favorite series.

Of the games I've played and finished;

Tier 1- Super, Prime
Tier 2- Echoes, Zero Mission, Fusion
Tier 3- Corruption
Tier 4- Metroid, Metroid II
Tier 5- Other M

I've never tried Federation Force, Hunters, Pinball or Samus Returns.

The only games on this list I would actively avoid replaying would be Metroid II (I'd consider getting a cheap 3DS and playing Samus Returns instead) and Other M.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
What's everyone's ranking of the Metroid series?

heres mine, I've finished all the main ones except the OG

Prime
Prime 2
Super
Prime 3
Zero Mission
Fusion
Samus Returns
Other M
Metroid II

Samus returns and fusion can swap some days. Also I at the very least like all of the games. I'd say the entire top 5 are GOATed for me, with Fusion and SR being amazing. Truly my favorite series.
I just replayed Zero Mission and I was back and forth as to what was my favorite but now it's definitively:

1) Zero Mission
2) Metroid Fusion
3) Metroid Prime
4) Super Metroid
5) Metroid: Samus Returns
6) Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
7) Metroid: Other M
8) Metroid
9) Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
10) Metroid II: Return of Samus

Haven't played Hunters and not counting Federation Force for obvious reasons.

Dread straight up looks like it'll easily top this list.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Waiting for the reviews but will definitely order it before release! Can't wait, hopefully will get to play this again on the Switch Pro by early next year lol

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
If this game somehow manage to reach Hollow Knight levels of WoM, I don't think the 5M ceiling is gonna be that high. Nintendo fan base will buy every single copy available and then some.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Man. Watching Friend Code and it's not the first time I've seen people say Dread looks like an up-res'd 3DS game... Like, do people even play this stuff? We can obviously disagree about how good it looks but to say it looks like a 240p game up-res'd to 1080 is ridiculous. That's like saying this looks like Castlevania Mirror of Fate HD, which I'm also playing at the moment, and it most certainly does not.

Reminds me of when KF said Luigi's Mansion 3 looks like an up-res'd 3DS game.

placing other m above echoes jesus fuck dude that's some shit taste you got there lmao :P
Lol I won't argue that. I understand the story stuff but gameplay in Other M I quite like a lot. It does a lot of interesting things.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Speaking of up-res'd 3DS games, man I wish they'd shadow dropped a Samus Returns Switch port yesterday. It costs a bunch on Amazon and moreover I really don't want to go back to the 3DS screen.

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I have a GBA, 3DS, and a Switch. Is there any way I can play Metroid Fusion/Zero Mission on any of the consoles I own without spending hundreds on Ebay?

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
Who wants to bet we get a Meta-Ridley boss fight where some of his body is made from E.M.M.I. parts?

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Man, I got really lucky finding authentic copies of Fusion and Zero Mission at Gamestop for $20 each in those few pre covid months last year where they were selling retro stuff in-store.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For Dutchies that are willing to put money towards Nedgame:
www.nedgame.nl

Metroid Dread Special Edition (Nintendo Switch) kopen - aanbieding!

<strong>Sluit je aan bij de intergalactische premiejager Samus Aran in haar eerste nieuwe 2D Metroid™-verhaal in 19 jaar</strong><br /> Het verhaal van Samus gaat verder na de gebeurtenissen in het Metroid™ Fusion-spel wanneer ze afdaalt op planeet ZDR om een mysterieuze transmissie naar de...

I ordered it from the Netherlands at German Amazon. Probably overpaid including shipping but oh well, at least I got it.
For real? Keeps telling me that they don't ship to my location (which is also the Netherlands).

chadboban

May 27, 2020
Man. Watching Friend Code and it's not the first time I've seen people say Dread looks like an up-res'd 3DS game... Like, do people even play this stuff? We can obviously disagree about how good it looks but to say it looks like a 240p game up-res'd to 1080 is ridiculous. That's like saying this looks like Castlevania Mirror of Fate HD, which I'm also playing at the moment, and it most certainly does not.

Reminds me of when KF said Luigi's Mansion 3 looks like an up-res'd 3DS game.

I'm still not getting these takes either. I haven't been this enthralled with the way a 2.D game looks since Tropical Freeze or Puppeteer. I'm loving the art direction.

(Tho I do recall similar takes with Tropical Freeze)

Qy5GfRO.png

u3WRQeA.png
j7Y1iLB.png
s2UOhkn.png
r6LXUkb.png
yib2Ai6.png
ZH4Zvdm.png
bNWLVzR.png
bxk3f2f.png
fnfBJ3S.png
d7Fjkcx.png
IEYUC11.png
GIsht0A.png

Side note: I took these screens on my phone so not exactly sure how they'll look on people's desktops so my apologies if the quality is bad :(

Aug 10, 2019
Just posted the link a few posts above ya. But I loath the Nedgame with a passion for always hiking up the prices, they can stuff it where the sun don't shine...
Saw it, yeah. I edited my comment. I actually have pretty good experiences with Nedgame, can't really remember them hiking up prices. Then again, I don't buy games that often.
E: Amazon didn't stir up a fuss about my location (around Rotterdam).

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo Life uploaded some direct footage of the game, no commentary:

I need it now.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Saw it, yeah. I edited my comment. I actually have pretty good experiences with Nedgame, can't really remember them hiking up prices. Then again, I don't buy games that often.
No worries about it. But on these LE's they always hike up the prices by €10 to €20 standard.
I very occasionally purchase through them is because they seem to have a guaranteed amount and when you lock the order in, it's going to happen.
Got my Fire Emblem Fates LE through them when that situation was a hot mess, they came through brilliantly, but it did cost way more than it should have.

Currently waiting for Bol, Intertoys or any other store to open up pre-orders on this one.

ItsOKAY

Jan 26, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
I'm still not getting these takes either. I haven't been this enthralled with the way a 2.D game looks since Tropical Freeze or Puppeteer. I'm loving the art direction.

Qy5GfRO.png

u3WRQeA.png
j7Y1iLB.png
s2UOhkn.png
r6LXUkb.png
yib2Ai6.png
ZH4Zvdm.png
bNWLVzR.png
bxk3f2f.png
fnfBJ3S.png
d7Fjkcx.png
IEYUC11.png
GIsht0A.png

Side note: I took these screens on my phone so not exactly sure how they'll look on people's desktops so my apologies if the quality is bad :(
Just awesome! Man...i'm hyped!

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Has the CE still not gone up on Amazon in the U.S.? Really infuriating how Nintendo handles their limited editions. I would have waited to watch the Direct later in the day if I'd known the CE was going up on Best Buy during the show.

Aug 10, 2019
No worries about it. But on these LE's they always hike up the prices by €10 to €20 standard.
I very occasionally purchase through them is because they seem to have a guaranteed amount and when you lock the order in, it's going to happen.
Got my Fire Emblem Fates LE through them when that situation was a hot mess, they came through brilliantly, but it did cost way more than it should have.
When I ordered Smash Wii U I originally bought a bundle with the gamecude adapter + controller, but then they got less stock than expected so they gave me a range of options to rectify it. Ended up paying 45eu for just the base game. Mostly bought normal editions since then and I guess they can't hike those up much.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
I got a preorder in at Fnac.be, it's gone again though so I think I just got lucky

I wonder how reliable they are though. They only charged 15 euros for the amiibo double pack which would be great if it goes through, but I'm worried they'll cancel lol

Christo750

May 10, 2018

Qy5GfRO.png

u3WRQeA.png
j7Y1iLB.png
s2UOhkn.png
r6LXUkb.png
yib2Ai6.png
ZH4Zvdm.png
bNWLVzR.png
bxk3f2f.png
fnfBJ3S.png
d7Fjkcx.png
IEYUC11.png
GIsht0A.png

It honestly reminds me a lot of Tropical Freeze haha. Environmental details and such.

But my goodness...just such a crisp style at a full 60 fps. Feels good.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017

Qy5GfRO.png

u3WRQeA.png
j7Y1iLB.png
s2UOhkn.png
r6LXUkb.png
yib2Ai6.png
ZH4Zvdm.png
bNWLVzR.png
bxk3f2f.png
fnfBJ3S.png
d7Fjkcx.png
IEYUC11.png
GIsht0A.png

This game looks like a dream come true. So ready for more 2d metroid.

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
I'm so excited for this. Easily my most wanted game of 2021 now.

I love the Metroid franchise so much. Between Dread and Prime 4 it really feels like a big return following that incredibly long drought.

This sounds like it'll be a real treat based on what I've read so far.