• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018

www.eurogamer.net

Metroid Dread looks like it could be the real deal

When you've been waiting some 15 years for a game, I think it's probably fair to express a little bit of trepidation go…

kotaku.com

Hands On: Metroid Dread's First Hour Is Legit Kinda Terrifying

Samus’ latest adventure might deliver the nail-biting tension I crave from the series

www.engadget.com

‘Metroid Dread’ had me screaming my head off

The new 2D Metroid game will have you running for your life... a lot.

www.ign.com

Metroid Dread: The Final Preview - IGN

In our final Metroid Dread preview, we try out the grand finale to the Metroid saga on Nintendo Switch OLED and discuss how it compares to previous games in the series.

techcrunch.com

Playing Metroid Dread on the Nintendo Switch OLED Model | TechCrunch

It’s been a big year for Nintendo news. Between the impossible fever dream of last week’s Super Mario movie casting and the eagerly anticipated sequel to

Post more previews as they come in and I'll update the OP.

Last edited:

Kodaman

Oct 27, 2017
give-it-to-me-mine.gif

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Any word whether Metroid can crawl in this one?

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Not gunna read too much because I want to go in dark, but its reassuring that the response has been positive.

Can't believe its just over a week away after like 15 years wait...

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Smart for every preview to be done on a new OLED model. Not how 99% of people will be playing though.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I don't really want to watch but what are the handheld impressions? Native resolution/60fps?

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Hearing Dread looks stunning on the OLED is exact why I pre-ordered the new Switch (plus the larger screen me as text in handheld mode might actually be legible).

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
This and Shin Megami Tensei V are my biggest games remaining for the year.

I have so much hope for Metroid Dread to live up to my expectations. I feel that my expectations are relatively modest, too: just have the core feel like Samus Returns 3DS, don't overplay the killer robot chases, and don't talk about Metroid Other M.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't have a lot of interest, but this kind of game in handheld might be what I need during study breaks, I also like Metroid so that helps

Seeing the map being that large has kinda skyrocketed my interest

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Completely sold on this now. I was 100% cold on this because Samus Returns was such a disappointment. But the fluidity of the movement, the looks, and the cooling off on the stupid counter mechanics from the last game….have got me excited.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
In handheld mode, you're absolutely sure? Cause some of the new off-screen footage looks like 30.

edit: nvm
6o2fHsg.png

From the Eurogamer preview:

It looks like Metroid Dread is 60fps, in the handheld mode we tried at least. Whether it's consistent or not is something for Digital Foundry to divulge - all I'll say is that it felt super slick.​

Edit: ah looks like you have found it

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
I have no interest in the OLED model (never play handheld) but imo the reduced bezzle is much more of a selling factor than a 720p OLED screen. I guess it depends, maybe if you have never seen an OLED display before it will catch you off guard. But that display with a thinner bezel is amazing.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's, in my opinion— quite offensive that I wasn't selected to play this. I know I'm not a member of the media, but, still, holla at your boy.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Smart move selling it as a companion to the OLED.

The Eurogamer preview is good.