• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
That is interesting to hear.

Not really for wrestling. A lot of Americans see pro wrestling as the poor white trash sport. As a worker that used to work Indy shows in Kentucky and Tennessee, the majority of fans are lower class and or in poverty. More than likely it's because pro wrestling came from the old circus shows from long ago. There is a reason we call each other "carnies" as a joke.

As for a question for OP, is Mexican style foods spicy down south? Here in the US a lot of our Mexican restaurants lay in the spices and everything is hot. I was told by some that authentic Mexican food in Mexico is no where as spicy. Just would like your thoughts.

TurokTTZ

Oct 25, 2017
There is no such thing as a good tamale. Tamales are hot garbage.

OP, are you for Club America or are you... with "them"?

Finally. Do you like shredded beef? And if so, with juice or without it?

FriedConsole

Oct 27, 2017
Will you admit Tex Mex food is better than native Mexican food? Flour tortillas and lots of cheese makes everything better.

AaronB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How dangerous is it really? Compared to what you hear about with the drug cartels? If I look like a gringo and were to drive a new Honda Accord around the country for a week or two, what are the chances that I would still be OK at the end with possession of everything I brought?

What if I did the same thing, but hitchhiked?

Just curious if the violence/robberies are exaggerated?

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are you planning to travel to México? Do you want to learn more about my country? Do you want recommendations for food, music? Do you have questions about our violence problems? Life style? Video games preferences?

Ask me anything!

Basically nearly everything bolded.

I'm travelling to Cancun, Playa Del Carman, and Tulum for vacation with my GF. We booked our hotels for each of the three cities but I'm a little worried about the safety of travelling between the 3 cities. I hear that this whole region in general is safe from googling but figured why not ask someone who is from Mexico instead.

What in your opinion sparked much of the cartel conflict in the country?

Any must visit places for cuisine that you recommend.

Oct 25, 2017
El Chavo is just.... it's on TV forever, it's fine but I'm not a fan of how it's the same jokes forever.

We have Peña Nieto as President, dude.... And the next in line could be López. We are in no position to criticize the US on this... :/

We can easily criticize others, we just have to be self conscious about also being crap.

And yeah AMLO might happen and lol.

I also think Trump is 10 times worse.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Me podrias recommendad musica mexicana que no es la misma musica popular latin que tenemos aqui en los estado unidos? Perdona mi espanol,la hablo mas que lo escribo.
No banda, mariachi, reggaeton, bachata

What genres do you like? I'm sure there is something. Pop, rock, etc.

Ah perdón, digo por hábito respondí en inglés jaja
Si, tu di que género te gusta. Algo encontraremos.

z e r t

Oct 27, 2017
Why is mexican food so damn good?

Have you been to California? How does 'real' mexican food compare? Ive been to Mexico a few times (Todos Santos, Rosarita) and found the food to be largely similar (depending on which restaurant you go to of course)

Mexican here. I went to San Francisco and had some really good tacos and nachos at a place called Street Taco, they even had Jarritos and mexican coke which was nice (although I saw some locals eating tacos drinking just plain water like savages)

Also, Taco Bell is the least mexican food you can eat.

Last edited:

Aurelio

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Say what you want about EPN he's not a bumbling hateful tool like Trump. He's just bumbling.

I can buy them for you and send them. Ain't nobody got time to actually make tamales.
Lol tell me about it, that's why my mom only makes them for New Year's and my stash has run dry .

For real though, how much?

EchoChamber

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Mexican here. I went to San Francisco and had some really good tacos and nachos at a place called Street Taco, they even had Jarritos and mexican coke wich was nice (although I saw some locals eating tacos drinking just plain water like savages)

Also, Taco Bell is the least mexican food you can eat.

Eating tacos with water? That's so uncivilized.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a dominant local soccer club or is the dominance shared between 2 or more clubs?

What does the general populace think about the southernmost American countries? (Chile, Argentina, Brazil)

I have 2 Mexican friends who are super pale with fiery red hair, they tell me that there's a town where people like them are born, are they fucking with me? :P

BronzeWolf

Nov 3, 2017
Mexico
Is there a dominant local soccer club or is the dominance shared between 2 or more clubs?

What does the general populace think about the southernmost American countries? (Chile, Argentina, Brazil)

I have 2 Mexican friends who are super pale with fiery red hair, they tell me that there's a town where people like them are born, are they fucking with me? :P

There are about 4 to 5 big soccer clubs: America, Chivas, Cruz Azul, Tigres, and maybe Rayados.

Most people think well of other Latin countries. Like hermamos in the face of Americans. But we can't be bothered to treat their immigrants well. There is some racism towards black latinos though.

No they are not, some towns were started by European immigrants and there is a strong genetic influence on the region. Mexico is a melting pot of cultures, Mestizo involves a wide gamut of colors and ideologies.

Everyone is a "light Catholic" in Monterrey, and against gay marriage or something, but it's not as bad as it sounds in the USA with Evangelicals.

I'm actually trying to find a nice Atheist community, but I just talk with a bunch online.

Monterrey is too right-leaned. In Baja people are more relaxed. Not as bad as American Evangelists but still is certainly not an open world for LGBTQ's.

Hello fellow atheist

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México

They are probably not joking. Maybe they are talking about foreign settlments. I know in my state there were a few like that, but blonde tall people. I do have a weird mix of brown and reddish hair, but I'm not from one of those places.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Did you laugh with the resigned mexican announcer during the 7-0 chilean match?

Oct 25, 2017
Monterrey is too right-leaned. In Baja people are more relaxed. Not as bad as American Evangelists but still is certainly not an open world for LGBTQ's.

Hello fellow atheist

It's always been difficult for me to accept that Monterrey is right-leaned, as I'm pretty much as progressive as you can get and I've lived here my whole life, I've always been in el Tec the Monterrey(Prepa, Carrera, Maestria) so being in the College environment might affect my perception.

But yeah, considering how el PAN dominates in here, I can see it, and I'm hardcore about LGBT activism, and I hope that it will get better in here soon. At least the SCJN seems to be progressive and pro LGBT rights and they have the final say in many things, I mean, gay marriage is already the law of the country thanks to them.

I find it so weird that PRD and PAN are getting together, as someone that votes for LGBT rights, what in the hell am I even supposed to do? lol

And hello indeed, fellow Atheist.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do you guys find grown men dressing and acting like children so funny?

Are "Y Tu Mama Tambien"-type situations common in Mexico?

Are you invulnerable to Montezuma's revenge?