• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Man, the only one here that's assuming lower imports are the only thing being considered here is you. I posted the whole article of the WSJ, which in reality talks about a combination of 5 factors that provoked the shortage: one that's just temporal (the season), two that were inherited to this administration (related to the sorry state of Pemex) and two caused by the team of our new president. Read it if you haven't.

Before the WSJ, El Universal published an article about a conversation between Rocío Nahle and Carlos Treviño where she asked them to cancel a contract to buy light crude that was announced a week earlier. Reforma and later the WSJ confirmed the existence of shipments of oil coming from the US that are in the Gulf of Mexico unable to deliver the product because of the current strategy of stoping the flow of oil through pipelines. You're also willingly ignoring that Whelan asked for confirmation from Pemex about the data he had but Pemex didn't produce any, which seems to be a common modus operandi of the current administration. If you've forgotten already, they denied that there were shortages in the first place and they keep doing so; the constant attack from the presidence to the media is something more to worry about too, not only regarding the current news but pretty much about everything else.

I guess we can agree in that currently there is a cluster fuck of information with different versions , this is all over the place and we don't know if we will get all the facts. AMLO is blaming sabotage, it's not a shortage, but failing in the destribution, International media is dog piling with their investigations and the far-right is using everything as ammo against any measure or annoucement given by the current administration, even if this means taking things out of context, like Whelan called out.

I take issue about your comment regarding AMLO's attack to the media and i see that you try to compare our situation with the one in US. I think this is incorrect. Because in here most of the Media are/were controlled by the neoliberal regime , now they are in the opposition, they are attacking this administration with everything they have. This is not the same.

On an unrelated topic, do you think it's a bad thing to try to rely less on the US concerning oil?

I'm pointing flaws in the strategy of this administration and I'm not making shit up, I actually posted the WSJ article that states the reasons of the current situation in many cities all over Mexico, again the article of the WSJ does never state that the reduction of imports is the reason of the whole situation, it's that combined with the lack of foresight from the current administration (in other words plain incompetence) that lead to this outcome.

Discussing options as members of the Mexican people is important, not only shitposting and going away. Not saying you, but in general. So having this kind of conversations is nice.

Regarding the incompetence.Claudia Sheinbaum already came out with a plan for CDMX , refilling gas according to license plates. God knows why they are just coming up with options, it's really fishy why they didn't contemplate this situation.

Did you just compare one of the oldest newspapers of our country to Breitbart? I must confess I almost fell for it.

Way to dismiss most of the point i was making.

But no, i was calling Fernandez Menendez Braitbart. BUT, Edit: For some reason i had te universal in my mind, edited my previous point, nevertheless Excelsior is not too shabby either. Didn't Excelsior serve as another controlled newspaper after Julio Scherer (Head honcho of Proceso) left the publication?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
What do you think about the now infamous Gabriel Quadri tweet?

While he said is rather...elitist, it seems to have mobilized some in the government of those states, with at least one declaring him persona non grata, which I don't think the government should have that kind of power or say over a dumb tweet. (does it?)

El Congreso de Guerrero declaró persona non grata al ex candidato presidencial Gabriel Quadri de la Torre, luego de que dijo que la entidad, así como Chiapas y Oaxaca son una carga para el país.

Al respecto, el diputado local de Movimiento Ciudadano, Arturo López Sugía, presentó este martes una propuesta con punto de acuerdo parlamentario para declarar a Quadri de la Torre persona non grata en Guerrero, la cual fue aprobada por unanimidad. "Resultaría inadmisible que esta soberanía no se expresara ante una artera agresión (...). Su comunicado, además de ser ofensivo, refleja una suma ignorancia. El señor no sabe que México ya es un país con enorme potencial", aseveró el legislador.

Y agregó que "no se debe dejar pasar esta agresión hacia nuestra entidad. Lo menos que podemos hacer es declarar como persona non grata a quien la ha ofendido y agredido con sus expresiones". En tanto, la diputada perredista Perla Edith Martínez Núñez subió a tribuna para respaldar la propuesta de López Sugía. Consideró que la afirmación de Gabriel Quadri responsabiliza a Guerrero del atraso nacional y propone el separatismo como un remedio "para que nuestras entidades estatales veamos qué hacemos solos con nuestro destino". Martínez Núñez lamentó que haya "ingenuos que consideraron que este ser inhumano era opción para que nos representara y dirigiera nuestro país".

http://www.milenio.com/estados/congreso-guerrero-declara-persona-non-grata-quadri

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
What do you think about the now infamous Gabriel Quadri tweet?

While he said is rather...elitist, it seems to have mobilized some in the government of those states, with at least one declaring him persona non grata, which I don't think the government should have that kind of power or say over a dumb tweet. (does it?)

http://www.milenio.com/estados/congreso-guerrero-declara-persona-non-grata-quadri

Play stupid games get stupid prizes.

People need to understand there are consequences for being an asshole.

Deleted member 30544

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Apparently AMLO has been implicated in dealings with el Chapo:

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article...o-new-corruption-allegation-in-el-chapo-trial

A court filing unsealed Wednesday evening by U.S. federal prosecutors mentions a bribe allegedly paid by the younger brother of Ismael "El Mayo" Zambada, a Sinaloa cartel leader who remains free in Mexico, to an unnamed individual who worked on López Obrador's failed 2006 presidential campaign.

Seems really fishy to me. But let's see what happens and who is the unnamed individual.

EchoChamber

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The stress of this presidency is killing me and this is just the first month 😫😫😫, it doesn't help that my dad is a hardcore peje fan and believes everything he says.

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
What's wrong whith what he is doing? I fail to see anything negative so far

They "only" modified our constitution to allow the army to do the police job.

They approved a law that allows them to put anyone in jail without providing proofs for that.

Their incompetence caused a shortage of fuel in several states.

They are making us pay for 20 years the cancellation of the Texcoco airport and they don't have the means to offer a viable replacement.

They lie every morning to the press and attack to the media and institutions that question them or criticize them.

They also support a real dictatorship.

So yeah... it's a lot for less than two months.

Deleted member 30544

Banned
Nov 3, 2017

They approved a law that allows them to put anyone in jail without providing proofs for that.

They are making us pay for 20 years the cancellation of the Texcoco airport and they don't have the means to offer a viable replacement.

They lie every morning to the press and attack to the media and institutions that question them or criticize them.

All inaccurate, exaggerated, misinformed or fear mongering points being seen under the far-right opposition's perspective. Debating with you (or trying to debate with you) is useless and unproductive. Continue with your lies.

xolsec

Feb 18, 2018

I now know how people here feel when they read some crazy alt-right dude talking about MAGA.

Crazy.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
It would be nice when claims are made that they are backed with relevant receipts, from either side, and relevant valid sources. There is valid criticism, but we should back it up to make things better.

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
All inaccurate, exaggerated, misinformed or fear mongering points being seen under the far-right opposition's perspective. Debating with you (or trying to debate with you) is useless and unproductive. Continue with your lies.

I'm sorry you don't understand what has been approved recently:

The approval of the new Guardia Nacional was debated and challenged by the International Human Rights Watch, Researchers of the UNAM and countless civil organizations. They provided data that shows that the army doing the job of the police contributed to violations of basic human rights and the escalation of violence, it's an strategy that doesn't work, that was supposedly to be temporary and that know it's in the constitution. After "listening" to both national and international experts they still decided to go for it and changed the constitution. If you need proof this is a bad idea you can actually read the scandals (everywhere but in Mexico) in which drug dealers have said in a trial that they gave bribes to high ranked officials. So, the military is not the answer.

"prisión preventiva" is a new status under which you can be detained by the police without any proof you've committed certain crimes and without being on trial. Both the changes to the constitution and laws that define the approval of several crimes for which you can be jailed without proof of were approved by Morena, the PVEM and the PRI. Just think about it for a minute before spitting your usual BS.

We discussed about the issues with the fuel shortages. There are data and investigations by both the national and international press (WSJ, El Universal, El Reforma, El Heraldo de México) that clearly suggest the shortages were produced by the lack of experience of the new government while the government hasn't presented any data that actually supports their attempts to disqualify the press.

I couldn't care less about a fucking airport to be quite honest, whether it's the Benito Juárez one or the Texcoco one or the fictional Santa Lucía one all of them are so fucking far away anyways. What I do care about though is the fact that it's me and you, and my children and pretty much everyone the ones that are paying for the right for it to not exist; and I do care as my parents care when they found out they had to pay for the FOBAPROA. It's as easy as that. Sorry you feel offended I care that we have to pay for the stupidity and assholery of someone else.

I think it's actually hilarious that you are the one calling me names and you're the one trying to shut all discussion down. You even played the Ayotzinapa card too, which is ironic since there's an actual investigation about what was the role of the Mexican army in the disappearance of the Ayotzinapa students, and now you're telling me my concerns that the Guardia Nacional is now a thing is exaggerated, misinformed and the view of a far right sorry individual who lost something.

Well, let me tell you something: this isn't a competition to find out who ruins the country more. As I said in my previous posts: I can and will continue to criticize what I think is wrong as I've done with the previous administrations and if that bothers you or someone else... I don't really care. You keep repeating the same hollow arguments that all those Twitter bots direct to anyone who dare to criticize the current administration, you should be proud.

This is my last message to you, sir.

Last edited:

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
It would be nice when claims are made that they are backed with relevant receipts, from either side, and relevant valid sources. There is valid criticism, but we should back it up to make things better.

I totally agree with this. I'm on my phone so it's difficult for me to do so at the moment but if any of you need the receipts for the implications of the creation of the Guardia Nacional, the sources that claim that the fuel shortages were created unwillingly by the inexperienced government, the issues with prisión preventiva and who are the more likely to be affected by it, etc i can provide you with articles and even videos of experts in humans rights talking about their worries regarding Mexico's Guardia Nacional . They are all over the Internet. You can read/watch them and decide by yourself the worth of that information.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
I just wacthed the video of the exact moment of the explosion, god damn, watching all those people run for their lives while in fire is crazy, and of course facebook is full of people mocking the loss of lives :/

Guamu

Oct 27, 2017
I just wacthed the video of the exact moment of the explosion, god damn, watching all those people run for their lives while in fire is crazy, and of course facebook is full of people mocking the loss of lives :/

And already the conspiracy theories flourishing on "las benditas redes sociales". It's really sad that everything must be used to push a political agenda.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

te mamaste a la verga de plano

Oct 27, 2017
Utterly disgusted at my social media feeds today, tons of pictures and jokes mocking the deas due to the explosion. Jesus Christ, have some fucking empathy.

Oct 27, 2017
Told ya:

The fuel shortages that still exist in some states are the product of the incompetence of the current government.

Here in Nuevo Leon there were a lot of panic shopping on Monday's night. Nobody refuels at fucking midnight yet the lines in the gas stops were really long.

While of course the responsability of this mess is on the government, I think people also contribute to this. Of course gas stops will empty their tanks if there are 100-car lines, no shit.

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
The panic for the gas shortages ended a week ago in here, though I'm reading that Guanajuato and Jalisco are still suffering from said shortages.

Hope that they can solve those problems soon.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Reminder that filling a water carboy with gasoline is dangerous, since the plastic on those is not made to resist solvents and will in short term melt the bottle, and will mix with the plastic, so if you decide to later wash it and then fill it with drinking water again, you can also harm yourself drinking it. Also, gasoline generates gas that will cause pressure in the carboy.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Like I guessed, they were taking their time to formulate a response:

This should not have been a surprise, as it is just the Estrada doctrine again:

A policy, named after the Mexican foreign minister who first propounded it in 1930, under which a state abstains from taking any position on the validity of a new government in another state, on the basis that taking such a position would constitute an unjustified interference in the domestic affairs of that other state.

Last edited:

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
Stolen from reddit. 32 year difference. 1995 and 2018.

pepuk53pbmc21.jpg

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
I get irrationally envious with ease and this isn't helping. :(

edit: from yesterday's game

Last edited:

Guamu

Oct 27, 2017
So, any thoughs about AMLO announcing profesional baseball teams?

700 mdp for the stadium and players.

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't it be LMB instead of LMP with the inclusion of a non-pacific team (Sultanes)? Still, cool for someone who grew up watching national baseball.

Deleted member 30544

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I feel so sad about my country...
20190127.jpg

I did vote for amlo but I regret my vote every second of my existence.

LOL , we are now using cartoons from right wing assholes like Paco Calderon?

The political discussion among Mexicans in this forum is a sad and fucking joke. At least in EtcerEra, the other users quickly identify malicious right wing assholes and they are quickly neutralized. In here you need to put on with this bullshit.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
I loved Calderon's work when I was a child, back then, and even now, I feel that his art style makes him the best cartoonist in Mexico. But what I did not notice when I was a child, and now see as an adult, is how hardcore right wing he is. Him saying in his work that Human Rights should not apply to those accused of crimes (or that the function of respecting Human Rights belongs exclusively to the Mexican government, which has such a magnificent record of doing just that, in between massacres and oppresion) was really a bad look.

Edit: I will probably say this a lot in this thread for a few years, but there is valid criticism to be made, but there is also nuance, and we have to be careful of the sources we choose. Just like in the US and their Trump era, there is a rush to find confirmation of our beliefs in the media, whout considering the validity of the source.

Oct 27, 2017
I loved Calderon's work when I was a child, back then, and even now, I feel that his art style makes him the best cartoonist in Mexico. But what I did not notice when I was a child, and now see as an adult, is how hardcore right wing he is. Him saying in his work that Human Rights should not apply to those accused of crimes (or that the function of respecting Human Rights belongs exclusively to the Mexican government, which has such a magnificent record of doing just that, in between massacres and oppresion) was really a bad look.

Edit: I will probably say this a lot in this thread for a few years, but there is valid criticism to be made, but there is also nuance, and we have to be careful of the sources we choose. Just like in the US and their Trump era, there is a rush to find confirmation of our beliefs in the media, whout considering the validity of the source.
Yep, I'm on the same boat as you. I loved his cartoon, but now...yikes.