• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
A really interesting article published in Aristegui noticias from one person involved in a campaign spearheaded by Enrique Krauze in collusion with companies like Coppel and Cinépolis with the intention to hurt AMLO during the elections...... and he brings the receipts!!!!

https://m.aristeguinoticias.com/1703/mexico/krauze-opero-contra-amlo-testimonio-sobre-la-insidia/

I always knew that Krauze was garbage, but it's hilarious how all these neoliberal corrupt fucks are really scared that they are going to lose their bone. Also LOL to all those people still drinking the "but but Venezuela " cool aid.

Oct 27, 2017
How many of your friends are progressive folks? I'm afraid I dont have many like that. And they usually accuse me of trying to impose my views on them lol

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
I cannot consider myself progressive because at least to me a progressive person would point out the flaws in traditional views and values and so on. I don't have the energy for that, I can listen to someone saying the most hideous stuff and I don't correct them or try to engage them in a discussion. If someone really asks me my opinion I am totally sincere though.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been calling my friends out but I think at this rate I'll run out of friends soon.

• One told me that 'who cares if he's racist and mysoginist, he is still a good person because he doesnt hurt anyone, and that I should mind my own business. [sic]'.
  • When the gas duct explosion in Hidalgo, two friends wouldnt stop sharing 'memes', jokes, and other henious shit about that tragedy. I told them that what the fuck was wrong with them, and they doubled down with the pictures. After I quit that FB group, they told me I'm too sensible, and that those were criminals and deserved it, so it was okay to mock them.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
(for the record I think the issue of colonial reparations should be a legit topic of discussion but this is not the type of stuff heads of state should talk about openly)

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
I feel the president's wife is behind this move. :/

Just don't try the same with the US. Not even with top notch diplomacy.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you guys really going to defend the colony and a fucking king in the year 2000 plus 19? The colonial powers have never really apologized for their atrocities. Even the Vatican did.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Are you guys really going to defend the colony and a fucking king in the year 2000 plus 19? The colonial powers have never really apologized for their atrocities. Even the Vatican did.
I think issues of diplomatic relationships with a friendly country should be treated in more nuanced ways than just "Spain should apologise for their colonial behaviour". Particularly when the person making such comments is a fucking head of state.

Besides, apologies are worthless. Latin America should seek reparations imo

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
Well, the least we'll get is the apology to mayans, yaquis and the chinese for the atrocities at them.

Hoping that Ebrard and his bureau can mend this "bold act".

Edit:

Last edited:

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Well, the least we'll get is the apology to mayans, yaquis and the chinese for the atrocities at them.

Hoping that Ebrard and his bureau can mend this "bold act".
I didn't even learn about what we did to the yaquis until I left Mexico. I doubt anybody inside the cabinet will even make an allusion to that, especially since they like playing the victim.

Edit: never mind, just read the whole thing. Actually surprised that they are gonna do just that. I should commend them.

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
After the "every time you eat tacos de carnitas you are celebrating the fall of Tenochtitlan" thing I wasn't expecting something as crazier as this tbqh.

What did they expect to gain from that? Apologies surely not.

Do you remember when the King of Spain shouted to Hugo Chavez "Por qué no te callas?" in the middle of an international meeting?

I do believe they owe the whole Latinamerican countries at least an apology, sure. But at the same time I think that the president and his administration are taking decisions with their stomach rather than using their brain.

I like this text that talks about the ones that are the current administration:

Oct 27, 2017
After the "every time you eat tacos de carnitas you are celebrating the fall of Tenochtitlan" thing I wasn't expecting something as crazier as this tbqh.

What did they expect to gain from that? Apologies surely not.

Do you remember when the King of Spain shouted to Hugo Chavez "Por qué no te callas?" in the middle of an international meeting?

I do believe they owe the whole Latinamerican countries at least an apology, sure. But at the same time I think that the president and his administration are taking decisions with their stomach rather than using their brain.

I like this text that talks about the ones that are the current administration:

Yeah I agree with that. Politicians (at least not in Mexico) usually not from 'the people' or get there without the help from one 'above' them.

Oct 27, 2017
Re: Spanish apologies.

That won't never, ever happen. They are not stupid, they would be opening a can of worms given that they conquered pretty much all of South America plus other parts of the world.

And yeah...I don't know where that guy got the idea that fifi = pussy

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
I've thought about this a little bit more and it's obvious this is good PR for the governement. Morena's fanbase will see this move as the first time someone had the balls to demand for apologies from Spain. Since Spain will obviously never comply it will be seen as defying imperialism which is basically an image they want to project. This is a lot of kudos for them: it's a move that doesn't have any real consequences since Spain will just forgive about it because they aren't stupid enough to cut relationships with Mexico over something like this.

Oct 27, 2017
55845301_1251632348333296_6111203184728866816_n.jpg

I lol'd

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A long time ago, young me decided modern Mexican politics were too wild and tangled for me to follow... even though several of my family hold/held local political positions. I'm not quite sure what to make of things right now, but maybe I'll sit down one day soon an try to really grasp wtf is going on in my country of origin right now.

I feel like I'll like AMLO in general compared to previous presidents even though everyone on the internet seems to hate his guts. But I supported Bernie in the 16 primary, so that won't be a new position. lol ...or maybe not.

Oct 27, 2017
A far right political party in Spain. Per Wikipedia:

Vox takes a pro-life stance on abortion and opposes same-sex marriage because they consider the Spanish word for marriage, "matrimonio", to be etymologically inadequate for same sex couples. Vox seeks to create a new type of union, called a "civil union", to replace same-sex marriage.[41]
Starting with a focus in economically liberal stances and recentralization proposals, the focus of their message shifted towards stances compatible with European right-wing populism,[42] endorsing anti-Islam as well as criticism of multiculturalism,[42] but at the same time promoting immigration from countries of Latin America in order to repopulate Spain.[43] Their view of European Union is that of a soft euroscepticism, arguing that Spain should make no sovereignty concessions to the EU, because they consider Spanish sovereignty to reside in the Spanish nation alone.[44] They propose to eliminate Spain's autonomous communities.[45] In addition, they seek the return of Gibraltar to full Spanish sovereignty.[46]
Vox is considered antifeminist,[47] and wants to repeal the gender violence law,[48] which is considered as "discriminant against one of the sexes" and replace it with a "family violence law that will afford the same protection to the elderly, men, women and children who suffer from abuse".[49]
The party pleads for the closure of fundamentalist mosques as well as the arrest and expulsion of extremist imams[49].
According to Xavier Casals, the warlike ultranationalism in Vox, unifying part of its ideology up to this point, is identified by the party with a palingenetic and biological vision of the country, the so-called "España Viva", but also with a Catholic-inspired culture.[4]