• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
z0pG9tN.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
California
Went on a 2-week vacation to Mexico in June, to my parents hometown of Chapala, Jalisco.

Before my vacation, I hadn't been back to Mexico in 15 years so I was long overdue.

I had forgotten how much better the food tastes over there than it does here in the U.S. The rotisserie and grilled chicken and vanilla ice cream are bomb as fuck and even the packaged food like Doritos tasted better lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Watching the events that unfolded on the past months around the world (specifically, the milkshake stuff with antifa), its funny how people are reacting the same way with the glitter stuff. The same downplaying tactics.

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
So a news reporter got hit by a protestant and people are wondering whether or not the aggressor is an halcon.

The feed is on twitter. CW: violence.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watching the events that unfolded on the past months around the world (specifically, the milkshake stuff with antifa), its funny how people are reacting the same way with the glitter stuff. The same downplaying tactics.
They're tiny metallic razors. They can cut you, man. You can breathe it in and choke on your blood. People fighting back are the real terrorists, bro.

/s

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Hey y'all. I'm going on a somewhat last-minute trip to Mexico for a week to visit some family that live outside of Monterrey. We're only going to be staying with them for one or two nights, and the rest of the time we'll be in Monterrey. I wanted to post here just to ask if y'all could recommend me some stuff to do/see/eat? I like a lot of foods, I love contemporary art, and I love techno/house music. I'm also queer, so if anyone knows any good/fun LGBTQ+/friendly places, I'd definitely want to know about those too! Thanks for any advice :) <3

celigio

Oct 27, 2017
Monteranch
Hey y'all. I'm going on a somewhat last-minute trip to Mexico for a week to visit some family that live outside of Monterrey. We're only going to be staying with them for one or two nights, and the rest of the time we'll be in Monterrey. I wanted to post here just to ask if y'all could recommend me some stuff to do/see/eat? I like a lot of foods, I love contemporary art, and I love techno/house music. I'm also queer, so if anyone knows any good/fun LGBTQ+/friendly places, I'd definitely want to know about those too! Thanks for any advice :) <3

Regio here

What's your budget? Transport?

LGBT places... I only know of la Diosa and Jardin Wateke but I advise not going there because of recent shootings (or if you go there don't stay all night)... But there is a big community here despite our fame of being conservative

A must for food is Cabrito, I reccommend El Gran Pastor or Los Cabritos Alameda. If you want something more tourist friendly there's also Rey del Cabrito in but it's more expensive. for more food places, I recommend chechking El blog del Gordo

This are the must to visit:

• Santa Lucia Riverwalk
  • Macroplaza (near here if museo MARCO and Museo del Noreste)
  • Fundidora Park
  • Cola de Caballo Waterfall
  • Grutas de García
  • Obispado

If you're more into hiking there's

• Cerro de la Silla
  • Chipinque
  • Huasteca
  • Matacanes if you're more hardcore
  • and plenty more since we have many mountains
For clubbing, the must are Barrio Antiguo(Cafe Iguana, Ziggy, skizzo accounting for your tastes) or Centrito Valle (I reccommend Major Tom since the food and drinks is cheap)

I hope this helps!

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Cabrito is so overrated, but I think it's fine try it once. Instead I would try barbacoa/menudo, but maybe your visit to your family can help you with that :P

In Barrio Antiguo there is a plaza called Mercado Barrio Antiguo where you can try a lot of mexican food and more stuff (even candies, or elotes preparados lol). It's a bit hipsterish, so depending the local the food can be a bit expensive or not. I haven't visited them for a year and half, but I think it have been improved since by the Google reviews I have read.

Oct 27, 2017
Cabrito is so overrated, but I think it's fine try it once. Instead I would try barbacoa/menudo, but maybe your visit to your family can help you with that :P

In Barrio Antiguo there is a plaza called Mercado Barrio Antiguo where you can try a lot of mexican food and more stuff (even candies, or elotes preparados lol). It's a bit hipsterish, so depending the local the food can be a bit expensive or not. I haven't visited them for a year and half, but I think it have been improved since by the Google reviews I have read.
Unpopular opinion: I went once to that Mercado and it was the most boring shit ever I've been subjected to in my life.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Regio here

What's your budget? Transport?

LGBT places... I only know of la Diosa and Jardin Wateke but I advise not going there because of recent shootings (or if you go there don't stay all night)... But there is a big community here despite our fame of being conservative

A must for food is Cabrito, I reccommend El Gran Pastor or Los Cabritos Alameda. If you want something more tourist friendly there's also Rey del Cabrito in but it's more expensive. for more food places, I recommend chechking El blog del Gordo

This are the must to visit:

• Santa Lucia Riverwalk
  • Macroplaza (near here if museo MARCO and Museo del Noreste)
  • Fundidora Park
  • Cola de Caballo Waterfall
  • Grutas de García
  • Obispado

If you're more into hiking there's

• Cerro de la Silla
  • Chipinque
  • Huasteca
  • Matacanes if you're more hardcore
  • and plenty more since we have many mountains
For clubbing, the must are Barrio Antiguo(Cafe Iguana, Ziggy, skizzo accounting for your tastes) or Centrito Valle (I reccommend Major Tom since the food and drinks is cheap)

I hope this helps!

hey bud, thanks for all the tips, I so appreciate it! Budget is not really an issue, but I'm not trying to break the bank on every meal. I don't have a car so I'm just gonna be using Uber to get far distances, and at some point a family friend is gonna drive me around as well.

I'm on the bus to Monterrey right now, just went through customs, now to sit on the bus for another 2-3 hours til we get to the city 😬

oh, a really random thing to ask, but if anyone knows of any nice spots where I can go and have a swim, that would be cool. I found a swanky hotel that has a pool open to the public (I think) that I'll probably stop by for a few hours sometime this week 😁

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Yesterday was fucking crazy. I made it to the Museo MARCO yesterday and I'm lucky I went when I did cuz they closed early and kicked folks out cuz of the storm. Went and got some groceries, then sat at home and drank and ate the whole evening. I can't believe how long the storm lasted, I've never seen so much water rushing down a street in my life. Hope y'all in the storm path were okay too!

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday was fucking crazy. I made it to the Museo MARCO yesterday and I'm lucky I went when I did cuz they closed early and kicked folks out cuz of the storm. Went and got some groceries, then sat at home and drank and ate the whole evening. I can't believe how long the storm lasted, I've never seen so much water rushing down a street in my life. Hope y'all in the storm path were okay too!

Yeah it was a crazy rainy day. Hope you are good Sai.

celigio

Oct 27, 2017
Monteranch

Bad timing for your visit man.

Stay safe.

Are your homes OK? I woke up early morning with a big puddle on the living room

EchoChamber

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow I forgot you are now there, I hope you are ok.

Oct 27, 2017
Welcome to Monterrey! It never rains here but when it rains, we mean it lol

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Thankfully we did all our family visiting on Tuesday so we didn't have to drive anywhere else haha. Yesterday ended up being gorgeous even though it was supposed to rain. I walked the whole paseo Santa Lucia and went to parque fundidora, it was beautiful! 😳🥰 Today's my last full day here so I might do a little more walking around, and I'm gonna try and go out later tonight 😬