• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yet another backlog game that I finally got to in early 2017 that gets a Pro patch after I finish it. This and The Witcher 3. Maybe I will redo some missions.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Ether

Oct 28, 2017
This is precisely why I'm irritated with the PS4 Pro situation, Sony needs to mandate developers drops specifics on Pro announcements. It's such a hodgepodge of support at the moment.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Fine, I'll go back.

To be fair though, I was constantly surprised by how incredible the game looked on the PS4. And I'm a PC dude.
I concur. It's the only open world (or the game with open worlds) 60fps title on consoles, and it still managed to look pretty damn good.

This patch may bring:
  • 4K 60 FPS (1600p checkerboard) with PS4 graphics settings.
  • Native 4K 30 FPS with PS4 graphics settings.
  • 1080p with improved lighting and draw distance from the PC version
  • 4K HUD (It's Konami, after all...).
Excuse my ignorance but where are you getting this information from? Also, I'd be fine with 30fps ias long as it's smooth, consistent and native 4K.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Wow.

I imagine it's a byproduct of Pro support for Survive coupled with the release of MGSV as a plus title.

I've been wanting to go back and clear the game on a higher difficulty, I think this has sealed the deal.

Any word on GZ also getting the patch?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Excuse my ignorance but where are you getting this information from? Also, I'd be fine with 30fps ias long as it's smooth, consistent and native 4K.

The user is just guessing what the possibilities could be. There is absolutely no solid info on what the patch actually includes.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Out of nowhere. Did not see that coming. I hope they fix the shadows spawning in from sunlight in a 20m radius of you.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Guess I'm glad I got bored of it rather quickly? Just the excuse I needed to dive back in...at least until I am reminded of why I quit in the first place.

Imerty

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, in the technical department this game is already stellar in my opinion. The IQ is super crispy and the game runs at rock solid 60 FPS. But I wouldn't complain if it gets a good 4K update (with downsampling for us who don't have a 4K TV)

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Wishful thinking time:

I hope the patch also adds a "go butt wild cheat mode", give us infinite GMP and let us be able to make portals from the first mission on.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Biggest disappointment of the gen for me. Pro patch or not I can't work up the motivation to go back.

Edit: To clarify Gameplay is excellent of course, my issues stem from the story and incomplete nature of it.

YOUarcade

Oct 27, 2017
California
I can see why a lot of people were disappointed in the game, but it is a technical powerhouse and I can't wait to see what the pro patch brings.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I'd nominate FFXV, but then again I never felt that one looked very promising through the years of footage, so maybe I am with you on MGSV...

FFXV at least has a redeemable story in the end. And the patches since release have helped tremendously in terms of gameplay and QOL. Episode Prompto is also probably one of the best DLC's I have ever played. One of the best DLC's to ever exist period tbh.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I bought this on Xbox for cheap last year with plans to finish it. I played quite a bit on PC but the repetition really dragged the game down for me. I would love to see 4k/60 on Xbox One X.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Woah, out of nowhere. I bought the game at release, played it a little and then it took a back seat. Sold it with my OG PS4 when I bought the Pro but grabbed it when it was a PS Plus game so will definitely give it a blast again and even more so with the Pro enhancements, whatever they may be.

Reverseringu

Oct 27, 2017
Completely unexpected and anxious to see what changes are introduced. The game was already rock solid so it's probably something more along the lines of a resolution bump, but it's still more than enough reason to get back into the game for just a bit and mess up a few people's FOBs.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Please not just a res upgarde like with the Witcher 3 and other games. This is kinda useless if you keep the very low settings. Prioritize graphical settings like the PC added SSR, improved shadows, lights and draw distances. This made a great difference on PC especially SSR.