• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Woah! This is awesome! I wonder what will improve? Would be great if it was more than just a few bump, but I'm not expecting that. I'm just hoping for some downsampling for us 1080p peasants. :)

Only older games left that I want PRO patches for are Bloodborne and GTA V.

Maybe the pro version is a side effect of a one X version they are working on for the one X launch. Or they wanted to get some experience with pro development for mgs online and this is the result or...

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Maybe the pro version is a side effect of a one X version they are working on for the one X launch. Or they wanted to get some experience with pro development for mgs online and this is the result or...
I think this patch was likely released because of planned X1X support. It's disappointing that they don't seem to have done much tho... :/

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Well, there sure was potential... Now it looks slightly cleaner on the edges, but all the rest appears to be intact.

I'm curious about Doom, Bethesda announced X1X support so hopefully they'll put the effort for Pro with a better implementation than this.

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017

I would guess it's more likely that during the development of Metal Gear Survive and that it is the same engine, that they were able to bring their Pro/X1X support to MGSV.

Oct 27, 2017
Vienna
If you have a PS4 Pro and 4K screen, you can now enjoy #MGSVTPP at a higher resolution and a more stable frame rate.

Even if you have a 1080p screen, you'll still enjoy the improved performance thanks to today's patch.

And if you've got #MGSVTDE, the patch also brings with it performance improvements to #MGSVGZ

According to the official metal gear facebook, the patch improves framerate and resolution.

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
7a0ada14fe5b966f0861b7794d8ab298--quiet-metal-gear-metal-gear-solid.jpg

Game's already got you covered, pal.
giphy.gif

HateMeeNow

Oct 30, 2017
UK
Just updated.
Update History:
Version 1.16 - Adds support for Playstation®4 Pro with enhanced performance.

Doesn't seem to have anything in the menus to toggle enhancements. Hasn't added HDR support, that's for sure. Can't really tell what's changed to be honest; looks the same on my 4K TV.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
That doesn't sounds like downsampling. :/

Get a grip. No reason to insult the developers.
Downsampling usually isn't mentioned when developers detail PRO patches, and "improved performance on 1080p TV's could be referring to Downsampling as well as improved framerate. It will be difficult to say for sure without DF (especially if the res bump is minor, which it seems to be) but I'll check it out now and report back.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Oof, jaggies everywhere. I'm no DF, so perhaps I'm mistaken (or maybe the res bump is so minor that Downsampling wouldn't affect the IQ much? Idk), and I also haven't compared it to the unpatched version, but... It definitely doesn't seem like there's Downsampling or any other kind of visual improvements for 1080p owners at all. Really disappointing. :(

Oct 25, 2017
Just updated.
Update History:
Version 1.16 - Adds support for Playstation®4 Pro with enhanced performance.

Doesn't seem to have anything in the menus to toggle enhancements. Hasn't added HDR support, that's for sure. Can't really tell what's changed to be honest; looks the same on my 4K TV.

Did the pro had any performance issue? ..
Maybe it's just some minor UI tweaks?

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
The only time I can remember the framerate dropping below 60 in the original game is when you'd get to the freight elevator at the back of OKB Zero in Mission... 29, I think? I remember the S-rank strat was just to ride D.Walker straight through the base to the elevator, and when you got there the framerate would get really choppy due to all the sand flying around.

Risky_Bigness

Oct 27, 2017
USA
After I get through with AC and Wolfenstein I'll have to check this out. Good thing it came out on PS+ because I sold my original copy once I platinumed it. HDR would be gravy but I'm not holding my breath...

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
The only time I can remember the framerate dropping below 60 in the original game is when you'd get to the freight elevator at the back of OKB Zero in Mission... 29, I think? I remember the S-rank strat was just to ride D.Walker straight through the base to the elevator, and when you got there the framerate would get really choppy due to all the sand flying around.
Yeah, but it won't really matter if this patch added "improved performance" or not. MGSV already had improved framerate through Boost Mode on PRO.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Get a grip. No reason to insult the developers.
Oh that wasn't even my intention. But Konami as a company on the other hand...
I think most devs are incredibly dedicated and ambitious, humble and helpful in nature. I just think Konami is a bit shit sometimes.

But i agree: lets not sink down to these kind of low standards. So thanx.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IQ looks absolutely cleaner, that I can easily tell. Must be 1440p or close. I'm surprised at how the console's fan doesn't make any noise, that's something that I expect with every Pro supported game lol.

mikezilla2

Oct 28, 2017
No, because that was always immature.

i Hope you Arnt implying that Konami are Mature

plus its also Relly easy to Hate on them start with the List of things we dont hate about them and the List is bound to be Shorter

Not to mention the way that they Treat some of there Employees wouldn't surprise me if they were Saying the Same thing !

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Damn very cool

Though I did just play the game on ultra at 4k on a 1080 ti very good looking game
You played th right version then. I had tiny hope that they would add PC features on PS4 Pro (no one could say it is impossible) but instead we got almost nothing (at least not sure what we got for now). I really don't know why did they even release such late patch and offer almost nothing. Where is my SSR at least? This is a huge game changer.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Hmm, so if the patch gives us an improvement that's so small we're struggling to notice, why tweet about it?

Seems weird why they'd be so proud of a lacklustre patch.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I downloaded it and couldnt tell the difference. It looks slightly cleaner but that could just be a placebo effect.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
So .. seems like no down-sampling. Sorry 1080p TV owners.

Hoping NXGamer looks into it. Anyone got any 4K screens so it can be compared/pixel counted ?

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
So .. seems like no down-sampling. Sorry 1080p TV owners.

Hoping NXGamer looks into it. Anyone got any 4K screens so it can be compared/pixel counted ?
Damn, surely it's relatively straightforward to implement downsampling if you're bumping up the resolution? As a 1080 owner, it's been my biggest disappointment with the Pro.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Damn, surely it's relatively straightforward to implement downsampling if you're bumping up the resolution? As a 1080 owner, it's been my biggest disappointment with the Pro.
Apparently it's not, given the amount of games that don't support it (although it's worth noting that most games that have PRO support do offer Downsampling).