• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017

Edit. New tweet, the previous one had a mistake.

This is very impressive.

Near 2 million in JP
3 milion across EU and Americas.

Last edited:

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sold to customer? I thought they said 5 million shipped including digital.
That 30% digital though, it guess it is just a matter of time before fully digital console gaming.

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
60% outside of Japan wow that's huge considering the game used to be mostly played in Japan. Guess that's what happens when the game is released not on a handheld and I'm so glad they did.

Jpop

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3M - West
2M - Japan

Of that 1.5M is digital.

First week Japan physical is 1.35M.

Continued growth will depend on whether Capcom overstocked in the west like they have done previously this gen.

Data is almost assuredly sold to retail mixed with digital sales.

Suw4rbox

Alt-Account.
Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Oh yeah, MH is a finally a global brand, thanks to PS4. Congrats to both Sony and Capcom. Absolutely phenomenal game. Capcom is Back!

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Small notice: Capcom usually tends to consider "Japan" as "Japan + Asia", as showed by some of their recent shipments (example: MHXX Switch version and USFII). So, 60% overseas shouldn't include Asia.

Still, huge numbers, much more than what everyone (me included) expected.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
Yay, just started the game (it's my first Monster Hunter) but very happy for them. It seems really fun so far. Jabbing the Switch Axe into a monsters leg and charging it up for a sick explosion is pretty fun.

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
Small notice: Capcom usually tends to consider "Japan" as "Japan + Asia", as showed by some of their recent shipments (example: MHXX Switch version and USFII). So, 60% overseas shouldn't include Asia.

Still, huge numbers, much more than what everyone (me included) expected.

Are you sure about that?
I'll fix my post asap.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
rPNCqww.jpg

Jpop

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All of this is sold to consumer in the West or is he just restating the 5 million shipped news and giving us regional breakdown?

It is almost assuredly shipped + digital sales.

Longterm Western performance is still to be seen depending on if Capcom stuffed channels like previous games this gen.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
About the digital sales, keep into mind the game is pretty tiny, only around 14-15 GB, I guess that encouraged more people to get it digital.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Japan is back with a vengeance. And it looks like Q1 has turned into the season for Japanese blockbuster games.

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
That's pretty nutty, but Capcom played their cards right. Now let's hope they can continue this success story.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Are you sure about that?
I'll fix my post asap.

(sorry for quoting NeoGAF)

https://www./threads/capcom-usf2-proved-to-be-a-smash-hit.1412482/

Q: I would like to ask the number of Ultra Street Fighter II The Final Challengers (Ultra Street Fighter II) sold by region.

A: It is 100,000 in Japan and 350,000 in Europe and the United States.

Back at the end of June 2017, Ultra Street Fighter II wasn't that higher than 20k at retail, and there was no massive overshipment. This means that they must've included additional territories for such shipment to make sense.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thats exactly what they've been wanting for a long time, Western popularity, so happy for the franchise and Capcom for going all out on consoles.

Never cared for the series but will be picking this up.

Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what the split was between XB1 and PS4. With the larger user base, Japan exclusivity and marketing deal I'd guess 80/20 in Sony's favour.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For a while there was an insistence that Japanese games don't matter. I guess we can lay that argument to rest now, right?

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
5 million sold already? That is incredible. Hopefully that means more Monster Hunters and even better, a new Dragon's Dogma!