• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Looks like a quick time touch screen swipe and tap game. For tablets maybe, more than pc? I'd say phones too but not sure if Windows 10 is on phones

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Win10 only is my biggest question.

It looks decent and if the achievement are easy to get, i'll definitely spend some time with it.

Iichter

Oct 29, 2017
Looks like a mobile/tablet game, I feel sorry for the persons who had high hopes for that project.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Looks like a mobile/tablet game, I feel sorry for the persons who had high hopes for that project.
giphy.gif

Jez

Windows Central
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/store/p/Miami-Street/9N2R1ZMBX1S2

RACE LIKE NEVER BEFORE You're invited to the world's hottest street racing scene to win the car collection of your dreams! Enter an event, pick your lineup of cars, and choose who to challenge as you race your way to victory. Every race is a chance to win a performance icon from an ever-growing lineup of incredible cars. Miami Street is purpose-built to be played anytime, anywhere, and to delight anyone who loves cars.

A STREET RACING SPECTACLE Show up the competition in fast paced, one-on-one races through twisting neon city streets.

WIN YOUR DREAM GARAGE Backed by an ever-growing library of performance icons, there are always new ways to strengthen your collection.

AN EVER-CHANGING TOURNAMENT FOR EVERYONE With new content released regularly the action is always fresh. It's a tournament for car lovers to enjoy anytime, anywhere!

• Simply Powerful: Control strikingly realistic car physics through easy pick-up-and-play controls, where timing your gas, brake, and boost are the keys to victory.
  • One on One Racing: Quick, point to point races through a beautiful cityscape puts the focus on you vs. your opponent.
  • Dynamic Action Cameras: Every race looks like the car chase finale from your favorite summer blockbuster, as stylish cameras catch the drama unfolding between you and your rival.
  • Looks Incredible Wherever You Play: Built from the ground up to look and play fantastic on any Windows 10 device, this race will thrill anyone, anywhere.
  • Ever-growing Roster of Cars: Featuring the best performance icons from street and showroom, Miami Street's car list is constantly growing.
  • Upgrade Your Rides: Maximize the power of your lineup to take on more challenging and more lucrative events as you rise to the top of the tournament.
  • Release Hidden Potential: Take on unique challenges by assembling the right lineup of cars. The combinations are endless; it's up to you to find your winning formula.
  • A Campaign Without Limits: With new content always being released, Miami Street will feature new events, new narrative, and new prizes to earn on a regular basis.
  • Multiple Paths to Victory: The Miami Street event structure is built around choice. The harder the path you choose the more you earn, but you must make it to the end to claim your winnings!
  • Always Time to Play: Enjoy a quick race in less than a minute, or immerse yourself in a series of races for hours. Miami Street is an experience built from the ground up to fit with your schedule.
Gameplay: here

Some of you might be wondering "what the fuck is this touch-based racing game for"? The metadata in the app shows that it's compatible with the "Andromeda OS" (although the only package available is for PC) What the fuck is Andromeda OS? It's what powers the prototypes of the long-rumored Surface folding "phone" tablet. This could COULD *emphasis on could* indicate Microsoft is gearing up for a serious stab at mobile again.

It might seem fairly basic on for a PC game but for Andromeda OS it could have unique features that take advantage of the folding form factor, and will exist more to demonstrate the capabilities of the new platform rather than be a huge gaming success story. Interesting nontheless.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Yep. Exactly what I was thinking Jez. Why release a windows 10 touch mouse/ touch base game? Makes perfect sense.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
You get the team behind Split/Second to make a "interactive" phone racing game.....ugh, it looks great (graphically) for a phone/win10 game. I assume this is part of their mobile initiative, this will eventually work with the surface phone. If so that phone must be packing for those graphics, but the gameplay looks so boring especially given ES history. Weird it's not Forza branded given Alan Hartman seemingly signed a contract with them, a lot of the job listings make this announcement very confusing.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
So, here's what I posted about Studio GOBO's upcoming projects around a year ago:

"""

Studio Gobo has recently announced partnerships with Microsoft and Ubisoft for new games. I'll let you guess which is which.

Game 1:
This is a New IP.
This is also a AAA 3rd Person action/adventure game.
The jobs all ask for competitive multiplayer experience and/or multiplayer level design.
However, there are some mentions of cutscene animations, AI, and levels, so I'm not sure if there's some kind of campaign component or not. it could just be a slightly unusual multiplayer game.
The job postings mention "proprietary engine". This would normally suggest Ubisoft over Microsoft, but I'm not entirely due to Game 2's description.
They mention cross-platform a lot, though I guess Microsoft is cross-platform by virtue of Xbox and PC.

Game 2:
This is an F2P game.
This is based on a "globally-recognised IP for a major publisher".
It's a "large-scale project".
They ask for experience designing touch based interfaces, suggesting it is for mobile, or also on mobile. I guess it could technically be for Switch, though that strikes me as less likely.

Game 3(?):
This is possibly the same thing as game 2, but I'm not positive about that.
It's a Unity based game.
It's a Toys to Life game.
In an interview, Studio Gobo revealed it was in partnership with a "daring and ambitious partner", and that the hook would be that you keep interacting with your toy while playing the game.

"""

Game 1 turned out to be new content for For Honor.

Game 2 seems to be this, so I wonder if this used to have a license attached to it.

Game 3, I have no idea. Edit: JINX notes it's a Spin Master Toys game.

Last edited:

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck, a one-on-one racing game through the Miami Cityscape that looks like *that* is such a cool idea too.

But those controls, jesus wept...

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
So, here's what I posted about Studio GOBO's upcoming projects around a year ago:

"""

Studio Gobo has recently announced partnerships with Microsoft and Ubisoft for new games. I'll let you guess which is which.

Game 1:
This is a New IP.
The jobs all ask for competitive multiplayer experience and/or multiplayer level design.
However, there are some mentions of cutscene animations, AI, and levels, so I'm not sure if there's some kind of campaign component or not. it could just be a slightly unusual multiplayer game.
The job postings mention "proprietary engine". This would normally suggest Ubisoft over Microsoft, but I'm not entirely due to Game 2's description.
They mention cross-platform a lot, though I guess Microsoft is cross-platform by virtue of Xbox and PC.

Game 2:
This is an F2P game.
They ask for experience designing touch based interfaces, suggesting it is for mobile, or also on mobile. I guess it could technically be for Switch, though that strikes me as less likely.

Game 3(?):
It's a Unity based game.
In an interview, Studio Gobo revealed it was in partnership with a "daring and ambitious partner", and that the hook would be that you keep interacting with your toy while playing the game.

"""

Game 2 seems to be this, so I wonder if this used to have a license attached to it.

Game 3, I have no idea.
They have a spin master toys T2L AR remote control car game in development, so I assume thats what it is.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017

"""

Game 1:
This is a New IP.

Game 2:
This is an F2P game.

Game 3(?):
It's a Unity based game.

"""

Game 3, I have no idea.

Game 3 sounds a lot like StarLink?

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Some of you might be wondering "what the fuck is this touch-based racing game for"? The metadata in the app shows that it's compatible with the "Andromeda OS" (although the only package available is for PC) What the fuck is Andromeda OS? It's what powers the prototypes of the long-rumored Surface folding "phone" tablet. This could COULD *emphasis on could* indicate Microsoft is gearing up for a serious stab at mobile again.

It might seem fairly basic on for a PC game but for Andromeda OS it could have unique features that take advantage of the folding form factor, and will exist more to demonstrate the capabilities of the new platform rather than be a huge gaming success story. Interesting nontheless.

Isn't Google also developing an OS called Andormeda?

What's with everyone calling their OSes Andromeda?

Jez

Windows Central
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Reading the description, it's a "one on one" multiplayer racing game and has Xbox Live integration. If I had to guess, one Surface phone display would show you, the other would show your opponent.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017

"""

Game 2:
This is an F2P game.

So the game used to be a Forza or PGR, but someone pulled the name?

Nice way to have people take your investment in games seriously Microsoft.

Good job.
This would have been mostly done in the time xbox had to report to "windows and devices" group. They are not any more since reorganization and Phil's promotion.

OP
OP
Judge

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017

I'm guessing at some point this probably had Forza Branding on it but was dropped(?)

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Reading the description, it's a "one on one" multiplayer racing game and has Xbox Live integration. If I had to guess, one Surface phone display would show you, the other would show your opponent.

It's a shame nobody's listening to you, but I bet you are right. This games was built around the Surface device. Nothing else would make sense.

Gwyn

Oct 25, 2017
First Halo: Fireteam Raven now this
MS you better show some good games at E3

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
andromeda os is Surface phone

and could make sense if this "game" is just a showcase for the phone

A 7 GB showcase that is released weeks, maybe months before the actual unveiling of Andromeda (and Andromeda is not Surface Phone, that was put on hold months ago, Andromeda is a foldable phablet that's targeted as a notekeeping device for enterprises, a game does make no sense for it.

Jez

Windows Central
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
A 7 GB showcase that is released weeks, maybe months before the actual unveiling of Andromeda (and Andromeda is not Surface Phone, that was put on hold months ago, Andromeda is a foldable phablet that's targeted as a notekeeping device for enterprises, a game does make no sense for it.

How odd then that they're building gaming features for it.