• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should Michael Avenatti run for President in 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 442 21.5%
  • No

Votes: 1,616 78.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
merlin_142179705_f9eadb1f-cdcf-420a-84fc-f4bf9926585f-articleLarge.jpg

Michael Avenatti has made it pretty apparent that he is eyeing a presidential run in 2020.

"I'm exploring a run for the presidency of the United States, and I wanted to come to Iowa and listen to people and learn about some issues that are facing the citizens of Iowa and do my homework," Avenatti told the Des Moines Register in an interview Thursday.

"I think there's a huge appetite within the party for a fighter," he said. "I think the party has yearned for a fighter — a fighter for good, if you will — for a significant period of time. And for many, I'm probably seen as that individual."

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...ing-run-caucus-2020-stormy-daniels/935636002/

He has also pinned to his Twitter account an exhaustive list of his stances on political topics.

And apparently has experience working on political campaigns:

"Avenatti learned some of his hard-charging ways in the toughest of all arenas, the political world. After his time at Wharton as a University of Pennsylvania undergrad, he spent five years at a political consulting firm run by Rahm Emanuel, the current White House chief of staff. Avenatti worked on nearly 150 campaigns in 42 states, all while attending night law school at George Washington University, where he graduated first in his class."
https://www.superlawyers.com/califo...pmg/2afc085d-5bb4-472a-bc5c-4a9ca16915ef.html

The crux of Avenatti's argument for him being President is thus:

Avenatti0.png

As we saw earlier today, Trump addressed Avenatti by name for the first time, and he hit back at Trump which caused a large splash and made headlines.

What does era think? Do we need a Trump of our own to rally behind who can fight fire with fire? Or do we need to return to candidates with more political experience?

Last edited:

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I think we need an amendment that requires a presidential candidate to hold an elected office for 4 years minimum prior to running for president.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
No thanks. Don't overstay your welcome.

We do need someone with his unique ability to go on the offensive against Trump, though.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
No, thank you. Not to disparage him or anything but the next president must be someone uniquely qualified and knowledgeable about how government should operate because their first term is basically going to be solely devoted to undoing the shitstorm Trump and the Republicans are leaving us in.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Well, "When they go low, we go high" accomplished diddly-squat, so yes. We do need someone who will stand up to Mr. Tangerine Man.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
If it were him or Trump, I'd take him, but I'd much prefer someone else. I do think the guy could have a career in politics though.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I would rather he not. He's good at representing his clients and he's a fantastic attack dog, but I'd rather not have someone like that running the country.

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
IF he did run against Trump and it was between them...man. That would be some pretty entertaining Debates. (if it wasn't so sad that this was the reality we live in)

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Being good at insulting Trump does not make you a good candidate for president.

Status
Not open for further replies.