• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
What's this about nike extortion? Last I heard he had been accused of domestic violence...
It's related to the colege basketball scandals of paying players and bribery. Avenatii threatened to tank their stock by holding a press conference showing proof of Nike wrongdoing in the case unless they paid him millions to do an "internal audit". It sounds like he had a huge debt and was getting desperate.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
It's related to the colege basketball scandals of paying players and bribery. Avenatii threatened to tank their stock by holding a press conference showing proof of Nike wrongdoing in the case unless they paid him millions to do an "internal audit". It sounds like he had a huge debt and was getting desperate.

Adding to this the meeting between Avenatti and Nike where this went down was recorded and Nike immediately went to the feds.

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
let's just get this out of the way:

raoox5kg9mr21.jpg
the weird cult for Mueller and this guy was cringy as hell

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
what does Basta mean again?

i remember his tweets ending with that word and thought it was fucking stupid lol.
I think it's Spanish for "enough". I'm Filipino though, so I always saw it meaning something else (basta = something like "just because" or "as long as" in Filipino, depending on how it's used in a sentence).

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's Spanish for "enough". I'm Filipino though, so I always saw it meaning something else (basta = something like "just because" or "as long as" in Filipino, depending on how it's used in a sentence).
I thought "Basta" was Italian? I know that para/alto is used as stop in Spanish.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Refresh my memory, didn't he threaten Nike in writing. No nice double speak lawyer threats, but straight "pay me money or else"?

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I think you guys are being too hard on the folks who voted yes in that poll.

As a firm "Anyone But Trump"2020 supporter, Avenatti does happen to be someone other than Trump.

I would vote for an inanimate object over Trump, so wouldn't it have been hypocritical to say I wouldn't vote for Avenatti back then?

Anyway, the real point is we didn't know anything about the guy except he was battling Trump openly.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I think you guys are being too hard on the folks who voted yes in that poll.

As a firm "Anyone But Trump"2020 supporter, Avenatti does happen to be someone other than Trump.

I would vote for an inanimate object over Trump, so wouldn't it have been hypocritical to say I wouldn't vote for Avenatti back then?

Anyway, the real point is we didn't know anything about the guy except he was battling Trump openly.

It wasn't would you vote for him, it was should he run. Meaning, 500 people thought that it was a good idea for him to even throw his name in the hat to begin with.