• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
what would be the misdemeanor charges?

edit:

It would be a shame if this is all made up, but the justice system has worked it should in this instance.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thread will be locked. But here's what I think:

Best thing from Justice League.

6JiDfJR.jpg

Bacon & Eggs

Alt-Account
Nov 16, 2018
To all the people who immediately judged Michael from the original thread - FUCK YALL.

Innocent until proven guilty. STOP accusing others with your bias until due process occurs.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To all the people who immediately judged Michael from the original thread - FUCK YALL.

Innocent until proven guilty. STOP accusing others with your bias until due process occurs.

Just to be clear, he has not been proven innocent yet. It's just not a felony charge, and could still end up being a misdemeanor. So, you know. Wait for due process before you do all of this as well.

Oct 28, 2017
Thread is already filled with shadow boxing and baitin . The thread will now focus on that instead of the actual news being reported.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Lots of DV cases end up being misdemeanors. I had a co-worker whose BF, now ex, dislocated her jaw due to a punch and he got a misdemeanor.

mmazurkiewicz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully Zattmurdock doesn't stop e-vestigating til he puts Avanetti in jail.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zatt this is what you call a teachable moment.

Seriously though, if this accusation is false it could be a devastating moment for #MeToo. I don't like this one bit.

Ketkat said:
Just to be clear, he has not been proven innocent yet.
He's legally innocent until proven otherwise.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Dear god it's Thanksgiving I don't have time for this thread part deux

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
who's gonna want to run for president when this is but a sample of the shitstorm awaiting you. fuck.

i don't think he's a good choice either but the ramifications are... large.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
What happened to believe women though?
"Believe women" doesn't mean "believe all women, always, for any reason"; it means "seriously and thoroughly investigate all facially credible claims of sexual assault with diligence and empathy, while also understanding that false accusations, while devastating, are also exceedingly rare, sort of like hitting the lottery in reverse."

The claims against Avenatti were investigated.

It was not a complicated case, generally because the issue of consent and sex wasn't involved.

The County declined prosecution, which means that prosecutors did not believe they could prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he committed a felony-level offense. Thus, the report of investigation was turned over to the City, which is now assessing whether there's enough evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he committed a misdemeanor-level offense: or one less serious. The standards of proof don't change, only the gravity; it's the functional difference between stealing a wallet and stealing a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.