• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Michael B. Jordan, who portrayed the tortured villain Erik Killmonger in Black Panther and will reprise the title role in Creed II, will join Rooster Teeth's animated series gen:LOCK to voice the main character, Julian Chase.

The actor, whose star has been on the rise since his critically acclaimed performance in NBC's Friday Night Lights and the indie breakout Fruitvale Station, will lend his considerable talent — though, alas, not his arresting physique — to the sci-fi series.

"We are excited beyond belief to announce Michael B. Jordan as the voice of Julian Chase in gen:LOCK," said Gray G. Haddock, gen:LOCK creator and head of Rooster Teeth Animation, who noted that Jordan's "love of anime" that drew him to the project.

In gen:LOCK, Earth's last free society is on the losing side of a global war, and recruits a diverse team of young pilots to control the next generation of mecha-giant, weaponized robot bodies. As Chase leaves behind his life as a fighter pilot to become the first candidate for the program, he finds his endurance, as well as his very identity, will be tested.
http://deadline.com/2018/05/black-p...ock-1202394317/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

From a company that did Halo machinimas to this. They also recently signed Rob McElhenney to produce another animated show.

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Julian Chase"

I am not a fan of that name.

Even without a main visual to go off of, I assume this show is gonna look like RWBY?

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
I fell off of Red vs Blue around S3 or S4. I'm still impressed at what they've become. Their content isn't for me but it blows me away. Long way from a group of guys who's initial trailer included a Limp Bizkit song in it.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't the first time they've gotten big hollywood actors to voice characters (Elijah Wood voiced Sigma in Red vs Blue season 10).

Oh damn that actually looks great.

Now this brings me to my next question...how good has the writing been in RWBY recently?

Better than the first couple of seasons, but it still has a ways to go.

Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017
genlock-poster.png

Looks doppppeeeeee

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Whoah this is a big get, props to all involved.

The little teaser they played in front of Lazer Team 2 seemed promising enough, now I'll definitely be waiting in anticipation for this.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Man, it's all kinds of crazy how much Rooster Teeth has grown in the past decade or so. Remember when they were (almost) only about RvB? Damn. Granted, personally, I've fallen out of their core demographic I guess (not a fan of their recent output) but I'm glad to see them doing well!

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Man, it's all kinds of crazy how much Rooster Teeth has grown in the past decade or so. Remember when they were (almost) only about RvB? Damn. Granted, personally, I've fallen out of their core demographic I guess (not a fan of their recent output) but I'm glad to see them doing well!
Yeah, RT has grown considerably and on if that's a good thing is up to interpretation

Shirke

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
RWBY still suffers from writing and production issues, but gen:lock really does seem like a much bigger and high-budget endeavour that Gray is really passionate about.

Hopefully they can nail it without too much trouble, since I've kinda lost hope that RWBY is capable of improving at their current rate.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I would say right now their biggest series are RWBY,Red vs Blue and DEATH BATTLE, who knows if Genlock will become as popular

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I'm way more interested in this than Rwby. I seriously hope they have better animators and don't cut so many corners. I've had friends try time and time again to get me into Rwby and it just falls so flat for me but I'm staying cautiously optimistic for this.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
HOW THE FUCK DID THEY GET MBJ FOR THIS?!?!

This is kinda below him but hey grats to RT for landing him

Wait, Rooster Teeth can afford Michael B. Jordan?!

Is RWBY this profitable?!
You guys gotta remember that MBJ grew up on this stuff too. I bet 10 years ago he didnt ever think he'd do stuff with RT, the guys behind rvsb. If they reached out to me and i was finally famous i'd do it too.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ what a glo up for Roosterteeth, I still remember them fucking pointing a sentinel beam at each other in halo 2 to make videos.