• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Wait, he got help from a government agency in making him rich, but he constantly complains about government spending and helping people who don't deserve it?

"I was in welfare, nobody helped me."

Wow, just wow. And to think I use to like this guys work. (Craig T Nelson, not Hannity, never liked Hannity)

Edit: So reading the comments on that video it looks as though this clip is being taken out of context:
Mike Haeger
2 years ago
I used to think this must be the silliest thing anyone has ever said, so I looked up the full interview. In context, this clip makes a lot more sense and has a different meaning. In the interview, by "help" he's not talking about welfare programs for the poor, he's talking about the bailout of large corporations. His point is that he thinks that if a business fails, it should be allowed to fail, it shouldn't be "too big to fail." He's criticizing diverting funding from things like education to corporate bailouts--which, whether you agree with him or not, or whether you think he stated this clearly or not, makes a whole lot more sense than saying "I was on welfare--did I ever benefit from welfare? No." It was more like "I was on welfare--did the government keep my business from going bankrupt? No."
Note: He's also talking about refusing to pay taxes, along with some ideas that I think are too extreme in the interview. But at least these 9 seconds aren't as mind-blowingly ridiculous in context as they are out of context.

Last edited:

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Also a bit more on the HUD hookup:

The Guardian: Sean Hannity: 400% rise in eviction orders since host bought Georgia apartment complex

Hampton Place is one of two apartment complexes in Georgia that Hannity bought in 2014 for $22.7m. The purchases were partly funded with $17.9m in mortgages guaranteed by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development. Apartments at the site are currently advertised for rent from $860 a month.

The court records suggest the rate of eviction orders at Hampton Place has increased by more than 400% under Hannity's ownership. Landlords can obtain the orders from a magistrate judge when a tenant taken to court for unpaid rent fails to respond or pay within seven days. The orders empower local sheriff's deputies to forcibly remove tenants and their property.

What absolute trash this man is.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
This entire ordeal still doesn't feel real. I mean even the faux news host is involved somehow - even if it's just his own shady shit, but the same damn lawyer? I feel like how Scott Walker always looks: like a drunk who just got hit over the head in a silent movie.

5a690d496ca2e.image.jpg

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland

Also a bit more on the HUD hookup:

The Guardian: Sean Hannity: 400% rise in eviction orders since host bought Georgia apartment complex

Hampton Place is one of two apartment complexes in Georgia that Hannity bought in 2014 for $22.7m. The purchases were partly funded with $17.9m in mortgages guaranteed by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development. Apartments at the site are currently advertised for rent from $860 a month.

The court records suggest the rate of eviction orders at Hampton Place has increased by more than 400% under Hannity's ownership. Landlords can obtain the orders from a magistrate judge when a tenant taken to court for unpaid rent fails to respond or pay within seven days. The orders empower local sheriff's deputies to forcibly remove tenants and their property.

I think this article alone merits a thread of its own. We've been speculating on the nature of Hannity's investments in real estate so far, but this is solid evidence acquired by patient, diligent journalists.

Illest1

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Trump collision not panning out. Need to find anything not to look silly.

Hopefully this was enough of a post not to be banned. If it was a hot take like everyone else in a thread where I post "fuck trump!", at least that would be tolerated.

So good. Go after Hannity. Must find anything.

Fuck Trump and every single Trumper.