• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
These racist GoP fucks chose Meadows to pull that racist shit because he has POC nieces & nephews incase racism came up.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Reminder for these that are losing it over the whole of Cummings' speech. This is back when things were normal.
News media and liberals should have been shutting down people like Meadows then. Instead we ignored them and let them win elections to end up here. Meadows and bigots like him shouldn't have a chance in a functioning democratic union based on fact and empathy and actual interest in bettering the American public yet here we are.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here is the GOP 'argument':

Cohen is a BAD MAN WHO IS A CRIMINAL
He worked for 10 years for a MAN WHO IS NOT GOING TO BE DISCUSSED, HE'S ONLY PRESIDENT OF THE USA NO BIGGIE
Cohen is a BAD MAN
OK?
OK?

You forgot:

YOU WANT TO GET BOOK DEALS!? AND MOVIE DEALS!?
YOU WERE HIS LAWYER FOR 10 YEARS, YOU COULD'VE QUIT AT ANY TIME
WHAT WAS IN THE BOX, WHERE IS THE BOX, WHY DON'T THE FEDS HAVE THE BOX

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
That Twitch stream commentary had me in stitches. It really elevates the whole experience into some postmodern meta performace art.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I watched most of this at work today and feel this helped no one and nothing will change.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I ended up sleeping and only catched up now, holy shit that Cummings ending.

Khanna, Gomez, AOC and Pressley were straight fire too.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
America *is* better than the GOP, Trump and his cohorts. They're a minority. It's not even really debatable.

Disagree. America carries a legacy of slavery and broken, institutionalized discrimination, with imbalance of powers. That is its status quo. It is only now just being able to overcome some of these legacies. I didn't even get the right to get married until 3 years ago. Yet it still has terrible problems, and it hasn't earned any referral of being "better" than what is going right now. We are where we are because America is working exactly as it was set up to: racist, fearful, bigoted rhetoric capturing half of America with enough grip to hold hostage most of the power seats in government.

We are not better than this until we change this status quo. I feel like we're getting closer, with things like Tlaib calling out racism and the Democrats focusing on the opportunity at hand to ask insightful questions. The new blood in Congress is purifying some of the entrenched bigotry and ignorance and old money, but I think we have far too much left to do before I consider that we are "better" than the petulance we saw in the chamber today.

I mean, regardless of what happens today, we aren't even at a place where this country can prosecute a sitting president for crimes he committed (the fucking check was on the screen, he committed campaign fraud, period). Until we can prosecute a sitting president for stepping over the laws of the country, I don't think we're "better than this." We have to prove we can be better than this.

Creamie

Avenger
Nov 14, 2017
I need to listen to that Cummings speech every morning to get me optimistic and pumped for the day. Shit was powerful.

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't know. He should choose his friends more wisely.

But I'm not going to tell a black man that was born in the 50s that.
excatly no one knows. we don't know what both did for each other through out their lives for Cummings to be considered him his best friend. so idk why people trying to assume shit or tell him to pick wiser friends

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Disagree. America carries a legacy of slavery and broken, institutionalized discrimination, with imbalance of powers. That is its status quo. It is only now just being able to overcome some of these legacies. I didn't even get the right to get married until 3 years ago. Yet it still has terrible problems, and it hasn't earned any referral of being "better" than what is going right now. We are where we are because America is working exactly as it was set up to: racist, fearful, bigoted rhetoric capturing half of America with enough grip to hold hostage most of the power seats in government.

We are not better than this until we change this status quo. I feel like we're getting closer, with things like Tlaib calling out racism and the Democrats focusing on the opportunity at hand to ask insightful questions. The new blood in Congress is purifying some of the entrenched bigotry and ignorance and old money, but I think we have far too much left to do before I consider that we are "better" than the petulance we saw in the chamber today.

I mean, regardless of what happens today, we aren't even at a place where this country can prosecute a sitting president for crimes he committed (the fucking check was on the screen, he committed campaign fraud, period). Until we can prosecute a sitting president for stepping over the laws of the country, I don't think we're "better than this." We have to prove we can be better than this.
Well damn said.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man that closing speech from Cummings was some real shit. Cohen was barely keeping it together.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017

bravo

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Wouldn't he be dragged out of the White House by DC Police the moment his term expires?
There's literally no chance that he would be able to avoid leaving the Office. He would be removed, by force if need be. Trump has to know that. That bit was basically fear mongering from Cohen on the basis of something completely implausible.