• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You mean it was a load of bullshit and Cohen was trying not to laugh, right?

He looked like a third rate sociopath going through the motions of faking contrition.

Who shit in your cereal?

Bill Maher has been saying this for months. It might prove to be more difficult than we thought if hundreds or thousands of Trump supporters decide to arm up at Trump order.

Bill Maher is a racist shit with no more information than any of us.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Did anyone at the hearing ever bring up Trump using the Foundation money to pay off the fake auction buyer?
Yes, for sure one of the later Dems talked about it, AOC iirc, and Cohen was open about it although he wasn't involved with the Trump Foundation payments. Good for her though, she asked who would know, got the names, and asked if acquiring tax returns etc. would shed more light on this and he said yes. Sounded to my untrained ear like the springboard for another Congressional investigation. As it should be. That incident was certainly not the only one of course.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Flipping through the news channels to see who is covering what only to find that Jim Jordan is live on Fox ranting and raving like a lunatic about how Cohen can't be trusted lol

He is also going after Cummings which is pissing me off.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
You mean it was a load of bullshit and Cohen was trying not to laugh, right?

He looked like a third rate sociopath going through the motions of faking contrition.

You know that Cohen can be a total fraudster and also tell the truth about trump being a fraudster too right? Plenty of mobsters have turned on their bosses before right? Plenty of criminals have taken plea deals and been total untrustworthy sociopaths before right?

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Still completely bizarre to me that Cohen is going to jail for committing two felonies with Trump, but it's somehow not a big deal on Trump's side. Trump does campaign finance violation: "personal money can't be a campaign finance violation". Cohen says he is limited in what he can say due to ongoing investigations:"coached by the Dems!". Reality doesn't exist in so many right-wing opinions
Honest people will never understand corruption

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Bill Maher has been saying this for months. It might prove to be more difficult than we thought if hundreds or thousands of Trump supporters decide to arm up at Trump order.
This was the scariest part for me. Cohen is afraid of what bill Maher is afraid of. It somehow keeps getting worse than I thought it could ever get and I'm a pessimist, damnit. Perhaps I lack imagination.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Flipping through the news channels to see who is covering what only to find that Jim Jordan is live on Fox ranting and raving like a lunatic about how Cohen can't be trusted lol

He is also going after Cummings which is pissing me off.

And to add to this he is now saying that SOME things Cohen said is true, but magically they only seem to be things that help the Republicans.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, like I said, it's great he's dunking on Trump. It's the whole thing about people being moved by his and Cumming's speeches. That stuff is a load of rot that nobody should fall for.
I also don't buy that Cohen is truly remorseful but you're missing the point of Cohen's speech (which was to paint a portrait of Trump's character while presenting himself as credible/sympthasiable to the general public) and Cummings' speech (which was to underline the importance of Cohen's public testimony and his portrait of the president - which clearly indicates that USA is at a precipice).

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol, ok, because racists cant be right about anything. Broke clock twice a day, yada yada. If you start ripping arguments just based on who's saying them, you're not really listening, are you?

I'm not listening to Bill Maher, that's for sure. As for Michael Cohen's assertion, it's troubling because he knows the President better than almost anyone.

BluePigGanon

Oct 27, 2017
It's not like our military has a great track record with terrorists. Innocent civilians will likely suffer if they are needed.

Domestic terrorists are a lot easier, as they typically have DLs, SS numbers, social media histories, criminal histories, tax records, known family... it's not like trying to chase down people in a place like Afghanistan, where they are phantoms by comparison.

And while I don't know this for sure I'd guess a domestic terrorist is FAR more likely to be identified/turned in by a citizen than an insurgent overseas.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Cohen was used by the SDNY today to help bring new investigations against Donald Trump.

That's what this amounts to. The DoJ got a big heaping list of witnesses, allegations and physical evidence from Trump's decade-long attorney under oath before Congress.

(They already had all that stuff- they just wanted to disclose it all to Congress and the public.)

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
And we can finally see what a well trained militia can do against the United States military in the 21st century?

Spoiler: Nothing.
It's not the military I'm worried about. The amount of innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire and actual designated targets could wind up producing a tragedy that dwarfs even 9/11. It's scary stuff to think about.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I'm not listening to Bill Maher, that's for sure. As for Michael Cohen's assertion, it's troubling because he knows the President better than almost anyone.
I'm just saying, bill Maher has been spouting that trump wont leave for a long time now. Maher seems to have a bead on trumps slimy, racist mind. Say what you will of why hes able to channel that mans ethos so innately, whether or not maher actually knows anything, today, Cohen confirmed that fear, a man who served as the presidents right hand man for over a decade. That is quite frankly frightening as all hell and I dont give a good God damn who was afraid of what first because in the end, it doesnt matter. All that matters is that we listen and try to prepare ourselves for an all too possible future.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
This man is going to need to be forcibly removed from office.

I was gonna post the Hot Fuzz shame.gif before I realized that it might be misinterpreted, but but yeah, what a shame. If a impeachment or demand for his resignation doesn't happen, sounds like he might still give us an opportunity for the pleasure of seeing his orange ass dragged out.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
I don't know why people think any mention of Weisselberg in the hearing means anything. He was given immunity last year, he's not cooperating with anybody and doesn't have to, he can't be prosecuted.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just saw Cumming's closing comments.

What a moving speech. I felt like I was watching an important part of history happening. What a fucking excellent orator.

Nov 14, 2017
Who shit in your cereal?

Bill Maher is a racist shit with no more information than any of us.
You know that Cohen can be a total fraudster and also tell the truth about trump being a fraudster too right? Plenty of mobsters have turned on their bosses before right? Plenty of criminals have taken plea deals and been total untrustworthy sociopaths before right?
I also don't buy that Cohen is truly remorseful but you're missing the point of Cohen's speech (which was to paint a portrait of Trump's character while presenting himself as credible/sympthasiable to the general public) and Cummings' speech (which was to underline the importance of Cohen's public testimony and his portrait of the president - which clearly indicates that USA is at a precipice).
If you're view is that this is a good bit of realpolitik that serves to undermine Trump then great, we agree. The point I'm making is not nobody should be fooled by it. The comments I was responding to called Cumming's speech 'some real shit' and said Cohen was 'barely keeping it together', which is a laughable take.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
For the record: The convicted criminal lawyer showed more decorum and level headedness than the totally innocent Supreme Court nominee.

Ayahuasca

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I got the impression Cohen knows a lot more than the crimes he accused the Trump family of today. He might not have proof or is just trying to save his own ass from retaliation by admitting some of them and getting 3 years rather than none of them and 90 years, or all of them and a hit placed on him(still a possibility).

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
If you're view is that this is a good bit of realpolitik that serves to undermine Trump then great, we agree. The point I'm making is not nobody should be fooled by it. The comments I was responding to called Cumming's speech 'some real shit' and said Cohen was 'barely keeping it together', which is a laughable take.

I mean, I haven't even seen the clip and I'm not taken aback by Dems using this opportunity to score political points and be grandiose. That can be the case and this can simultaneously be about Cohen being genuinely apologetic for his own admitted wrongdoings.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I just saw Cumming's closing comments.

What a moving speech. I felt like I was watching an important part of history happening. What a fucking excellent orator.
Hes literally pleading with a nation to get their shit together. I can feel him, watching an entire lifes worth of draining political work be fucking annihilated in no time flat must be amazingly hard to watch. I give him props for not exploding like a bomb and instead, saying exactly what the country needed him to say in that moment. People who use their voice for others like Cummings has/does are my heroes.

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Ok so now I have had time to process all this. Fuck me, that was a slog and a half to watch.

During Tlaib's questioning I was almost shouting at my TV with excitement, I was like we all know what you are thing just say it, impeach him. Then that bullshit about Meadows which was awkward as all hell.

Felt like like it would never end, but Pressley, `Ocasio-Cortez, Tlaib and that incredible speech by Cummings made it all worth it.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
That depends on what you mean by realpolitik. There was a clear agenda behind this testimony, to bring forward to the public the wrongdoings that their President has been involved in and has been covering up delivered from the very man who assisted him in carrying them out. If you're suggesting this was for the sole benefit of the Democratic party or had partisan intentions, then I don't agree at all. While it does benefit them, it also benefits the US people in helping them understand the extent of corruption and the character of their President, who is not fit for his position and is causing lasting damage to the US' political landscape by normalising behaviour which up until now was considered unacceptable.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
What a fucking piece of shit.

This man had the audacity to throw a tantrum when Tlaib rightly called him out for what he is.

The most fucked up part of this bullshit is that Meadows probably genuinely believes he isn't racist. To him and many, many other right-wingers like him, a "Racist" is somebody who calls black people the n-word and wears a white hood. So as long as you specifically don't do that, you're not a racist.

Cybit

Oct 25, 2017
What I got out of this whole thing was that Cortez was the only one trying to do her job properly. Man, she got like ten names in five minutes. Shes obviously setting up the pins for something much bigger than Cohen. I wish the rest of the party were as focused.

Yeah. Imagine if any of the other folks came as prepared as Cortez with "hey, I searched 'Donald Trump scandal' on WaPo and NYT, and here are all the stories they've had. Maybe I should ask Trump's personal lawyer which ones are true and which ones aren't?", and if so, who / where could I get corroborating information.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017

Can people use their brains for once before they freak out about these fantasies?

Do you really think Trump supporters, which mainly consist of a bunch of rural white dudes, are going to grab all their guns, mobilize all the way to Washington, invade the White House to keep Trump in there should he lose in 2020?

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
The most fucked up part of this bullshit is that Meadows probably genuinely believes he isn't racist. To him and many, many other right-wingers like him, a "Racist" is somebody who calls black people the n-word and wears a white hood. So as long as you specifically don't do that, you're not a racist.

Assholes like Meadows think racism ended with slavery.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
people spent time trying to downplay AOC and I had no expectations for her, but I'll be damned if she wasn't the most productive congress member today. No grandstanding, just asking questions with purpose and getting the answers that she wanted.

She is legit