• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up now, Mrs. Miller's tearful rant was one of the most embarassing things I've ever fucking seen.

The lengths to which the GOP will go to defend TRUMP should never, EVER be forgotten.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
When Cohen lists a couple of names and one of them is "Matthew Calamari" it all really just sounds like straight out of a movie/show.

Matthew Calamari.

Just....just damn.

Edit:
Matthew+Calamari+Donald+Trump+Holds+Meetings+G6-60LYcHAcl.jpg

Holy shit he even looks the part
Played by Will Ferrell:
hqdefault.jpg

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Gaetz is under investigation by the Florida Bar Association now. And Trump inaugural committee has been subpoenaed.

And it's only Wednesday.

Best hump day ever.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think any of that matters. In fact, in many respects it's actually quite helpful - it lays bare the true nature of US power and how the ruling class in the USA really behaves. After Trump, anyone who tries to argue that the office of the president or the constitution are somehow imbued with any kind of inherent integrity or virtue should be laughed at for being naïve. It's such a simplistic view of politics and power held by people who watched The West Wing and somehow thought it was real.
So you're saying Trump is no different than any other major politician/president in the US while ignoring the actions he's taken which are not consistent with this claim by suggesting everyone else also does the same thing but they just know how to keep it under wraps and therefore there's no evidence of their wrong doing? Okay then, enjoy laughing at the naive simpletons I guess.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Talib embarrassed herself, unfortunately.
When Cohen lists a couple of names and one of them is "Matthew Calamari" it all really just sounds like straight out of a movie/show.

Matthew Calamari.

Just....just damn.

Edit:
Matthew+Calamari+Donald+Trump+Holds+Meetings+G6-60LYcHAcl.jpg

Holy shit he even looks the part

Ayyy it's Matty the Squid over here.

(EDIT: Matty Tentacles might be better, lol)

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Make no mistake, Cohen was forced to do all this when Trump threw him under the bus. I don't believe there's a redemption arc, he's just the last person Trump should have screwed over.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Is it just me or were the new batch or democrats the only ones who asked legitimate news making questions and not, how are you doing

Jul 18, 2018
How about we see her make some decisions and take some tough positions before we conclude someone is worthy of the presidency?

The fuck is wrong with you guys?
SO SHE ISN'T READY THEN....if we are waiting for her to make decisions and tough positions...

"Ready to be president"

The bar is currently set well below the benchmarks of "criminal", "adulterer" and "racist"
So you want the next president to be running with a low benchmark... okay then.

So whats an example of someone who is?
Harris. Gillibrand for example.

ragingbegal

Oct 27, 2017
Can people use their brains for once before they freak out about these fantasies?

Do you really think Trump supporters, which mainly consist of a bunch of rural white dudes, are going to grab all their guns, mobilize all the way to Washington, invade the White House to keep Trump in there should he lose in 2020?
They invaded and occupied federal lands so their cows could graze off public property for free. You don't think they are capable of even worse?

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
anyone find a good summary video? specifically looking for the line of questioning immediately following the hour+ break where all the illegal shit is laid out to which cohen confirms

Nov 14, 2017
So you're saying Trump is no different than any other major politician/president in the US while ignoring the actions he's taken which are not consistent with this claim by suggesting everyone else also does the same thing but they just know how to keep it under wraps and therefore there's no evidence of their wrong doing? Okay then, enjoy laughing at the naive simpletons I guess.
Except I didn't say that at all? But whatever, you do you.

Gibbo

The Fallen
Nov 20, 2017
Cohen is scum - but he really pushed back on the GOP members really well. His take down of Jim Jordan is amazing

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Except I didn't say that at all? But whatever, you do you.
Well then what are you saying? Forgive me for jumping to wrong conclusions but everything you've posted so far indicates to me that you're saying Trump is not much worse than any other politician in his abuse of power and position but the difference is his attempts are known.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was insane, as his speech went on you could feel the tension and the passion ramping up. Then comes the part talking about the children and the legacy we're building for them going to shit, Cohen tears up, Cumming chokes...this was so heavy.

The only part that felt wrong was 'A better Donald Trump.' because I don't believe Trump can ever be better. I can't conceive that no matter how hard I try with my brain lol.

I have to give props to Cohen, too. He felt genuine the whole time. I do think he wants to be a better man and if he lied, well I'll just assume that I fell for it and think that he should become an actor because he was a good one today. I truly hope that's what he'll be looking for after he does his time in jail.

I like to think "a better Donald Trump" means Trump in jail. That would be a significantly better Trump.

Nov 14, 2017
Well then what are you saying? Forgive me for jumping to wrong conclusions but everything you've posted so far indicates to me that you're saying Trump is not much worse than any other politician in his abuse of power and position but the difference is his attempts are known.
No, Trump is demonstrably more racist, reactionary, and corrupt than most recent presidents. The thing I'm arguing against is the idea that a return to the 'normalcy' of the recent past is desirable. It's those conditions that gave rise to Trump, and in many cases they did things that were still horrific. So, the kind of platitudes that Cummings made in his closing speech about norms should be recognised for the dead end that they are. People certainly shouldn't regard them as inspirational or moving.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Hours later and I'm still breathless.

Miss Rashida Tlaib did that shit.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, watching this late, and Jim Jordan is starting off hot with literally trying his damnedest to throw the scent off as hard as he can to try and smear Cohen (who, at this point, has smeared himself plenty enough, so I'm not sure what this accomplishes).

I have a feeling this is gonna be a pattern.

edit: Yep it's a pattern, tried and true.

Forearms

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, watching this late, and Jim Jordan is starting off hot with literally trying his damnedest to throw the scent off as hard as he can to try and smear Cohen (who, at this point, has smeared himself plenty enough, so I'm not sure what this accomplishes).

I think there was only one Republican rep (Amash) that didn't attack Cohen's credibility. All the others focused on the fact that he lied before, and also tried to push the narrative that he'll be rich off book deals, etc. Enjoy.

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!

Yeah, they get more incoherent as the session continues. The representative from the Virgin Islands gives them the HARDEST eye at the beginning, which is a pretty representative prelude to these proceedings.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
There is no redemption for Cohen in my eyes, so Cummings closing remarks kind of fell flat for me. If he hadn't got caught he'd still be right there defending trump. He is not a good person and he never will be. He's just protecting himself. If that helps bring down trump, that's fine with me.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Just caught up on what I missed. Holy shit. Cohen going straight for Jim Jordan, Meadows bringing out a black woman to pull a "I have a black employee" card, Tlaib then giving Meadows a kick in the balls, AOC asking actual Trump related questions, and then Cummings heartfelt closing remarks. That was a ride.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Just reading about the Republican insanity was more than enough for me. I'll be pissed if I were to watch footage of them hammering on and on about book deals and fucking boxes.

GOP is beyond pathetic.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
GoP are powerless here because it's not about taking Cohen at his word or discrediting him.

Signed checks & financial statements can not be discredited. No amount of witness badgering or harassment or threats can refute physical evidence.

Deleted member 6562

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just caught up on what I missed. Holy shit. Cohen going straight for Jim Jordan, Meadows bringing out a black woman to pull a "I have a black employee" card, Tlaib then giving Meadows a kick in the balls, AOC asking actual Trump related questions, and then Cummings heartfelt closing remarks. That was a ride.

You forgot that we learned there are more crimes that he can't talk about that involve the president currently under investigation and that Jr is Executive #2.