• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Here it is in case no one else hooked you up.

tumblr_ofcmnh5gpm1r83d7lo2_400.gif

Last edited:

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
With this and that video where she's detailing corruption you see a pattern. It's effective as shit because it's not only "guiding" information out of other people as to corroborate your own opinion, but it's literally a brief, digestible education lesson for the average joe.

That's the kind of messaging all Dems need to hit out more. Even if you're not charismatic naturally, it's the blueprint for any success as a public servant. We always tend get lost in the complicated power structure in our literally rigged system. And if your first thought there was of Trump then goddamn it I hate that man even more, because black people have been preaching this since we were in chains and had to suffer rape and enslavement in this enlightened Christian country. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness but really only meant for rich pond scum.

Errrrr, so anyways, it's great to go back to basics and take your message to the people and distill it just enough so they can follow along, all while keeping the meat of the info flowing for justifying future action in public policy. Hope to see more and more of this. Shout out to the others because AOC was kinda handed that layup and no doubt it was all coordinated in coalition with the remaining Dem speakers after that last break, then again, it was probably from the beginning.
giphy.gif

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
anyone find a good summary video? specifically looking for the line of questioning immediately following the hour+ break where all the illegal shit is laid out to which cohen confirms
Is there a cut of the highlights?
Any good summary?
I missed the second half
Don't know where to find a complete summary of the hearing but CNN has an article highlighting the biggest revelations.
1. Cohen said Trump spoke with Roger Stone about WikiLeaks
2. Cohen confirmed Trump directed him to pay off Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal
4. Cohen said he briefed Ivanka Trump and Donald Trump Jr. a number of times about Trump Tower Moscow
6. Cohen said he has never been to Prague

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
She's not responsible for any of her questioning from today?
She most certainly collaborated with other members, what good is a committee if everyone operates in a silo.

Point being though is if she says something difficult to contort as idiotic as a talking point then the best they can do is say cleary she couldn't have come up with these questions.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
She most certainly collaborated with other members, what good is a committee if everyone operates in a silo.

Point being though is if she says something difficult to contort as idiotic as a talking point then the best they can do is say cleary she couldn't have come up with these questions.
I totally misread your post, I thought you were saying this, not that you were saying it would be their talking point, my bad.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who primarily gets his news from NPR, and I listened a bit today, all they seemingly had to play over and over again was the 5 seconds where Michael Cohen called Trump a racist and a bigot.

Why not more clips of actual discussion on the floor, like this? This helps me understand what's going on. A hot clip that loses steam in 10 minutes as soon as they invite multiple republican house members to talk their way around that.. I can only assume television news coverage is worse, as I tend to consider NPR comparatively highly. We really need a revolution in media. I get more out of audio and video of actual government discussions and I bet most people would too. Instead it's like it needs to be softened, dampened, selected into the most cliche and stereotypical partisan statements, throwing the rest into the void.
NPR streamed the entire thing, depending on your local station so there's always that. For summaries they have very limited time slots with lots of other important things to cover, so unfortunately short soundbites work best to convey the entire context of the situation to viewers. Also it's hard for radio since people are constantly tuning in and out so doing an extended session like this doesn't do a good job of providing enough context to help them understand what's going on, without which many of the benefits of the extended clip are lost.

I don't disagree, but radio in particular is difficult to make things like that clip work. They didn't need to invite fucking Jim Jordan for an interview though, jfc just don't invite pos liars like him. You don't need to have a republican perspective on everything for "balance" when all they do is yell and lie every time

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
I trust his legal counsel did their jobs well so I think he should be fine but Meadow's point was that some of the private companies he had dealings with actually had controlling interest by foreign governments.
Meadows was simply playing as loose and fast with the actual policy as he could, to try to get a gotcha soundbite for Fox News that no one would bother to properly fact-check. He didn't seem to really care if it were just foreign governments or foreign companies or some combination, just as long as it was "foreign" and Cohen didn't acknowledge it properly.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
When I think the Republicans wanted to get rid of Bill Clinton because he had sex wih an intern. And with a "straight face", they want to protect Donald Trump today...

Suzushiiro

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
AOC was last, right? I think her skill was building off of everyone else's questions, because each question she asked referenced a prior question/statement by another congressperson. So she clarified exactly where Trump may have violated federal and state property tax laws - a HUGE deal in New York and New Jersey - and who the committee should contact next for further questioning.

She was standing on the shoulders of her peers, and it was extremely well-done quick-thinking.
I'd imagine that was the plan- have other people ask preliminary questions for her to play off of, and then have the one everyone's going to pay the most attention to regardless take the job of tying it all together and shoving the proverbial knife in.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
I bounced around the usual spots. The line I saw them going with is obviously they were scripted questions handed to her by much smarter people.

I saw the same thing from the endless supply of fucking lemmings on twitter. Eventually, they'll have to pivot to saying everything she says comes off a teleprompter like they did with Obama.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
As a minority and a PoC, I will continue to be utterly dismayed by white people who bring up token PoCs they are affiliated with (work, family, friends) as a sign they are nit racist. If anything, this makes us think you're racist even more.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a minority and a PoC, I will continue to be utterly dismayed by white people who bring up token PoCs they are affiliated with (work, family, friends) as a sign they are nit racist. If anything, this makes us think you're racist even more.
the part that stings for me, when meadows brought up that woman, is that she willingly put herself in that position. She really believes she isn't a token PoC.

And that's sad. All she has to do is view the make up of the Republican side, and view the make up of the democrat side. There's a reason why the Republican side was all pretty much white men and women.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
the part that stings for me, when meadows brought up that woman, is that she willingly put herself in that position. She really believes she isn't a token PoC.

And that's sad. All she has to do is view the make up of the Republican side, and view the make up of the democrat side. There's a reason why the Republican side was all pretty much white men and women.

I was utterly dismayed by that too. I could not fathom why she would want to be a part of that charade. I would not allow anyone to parade me like a prop for a speech.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
*plantation owner in 1823* How dare you call me racist!!! I have an entire backyard full of black people! Same old shit from the racist fuck playbook.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I was utterly dismayed by that too. I could not fathom why she would want to be a part of that charade. I would not allow anyone to parade me like a prop for a speech.
Wouldn't matter if I genuinely believed my boss wasn't racist. If someone wanted to drag me to congress and use me as a "one black friend" human prop on live tv, I'd tell them to fuck off. Some people have no shame.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Meadows was simply playing as loose and fast with the actual policy as he could, to try to get a gotcha soundbite for Fox News that no one would bother to properly fact-check. He didn't seem to really care if it were just foreign governments or foreign companies or some combination, just as long as it was "foreign" and Cohen didn't acknowledge it properly.
I know and pointed this out when it first came up live once Cohen clarified the details of what the form demanded in his response. However it seems he accidentally bumped into a legitimate question. Don't think matters though as Cohen has been given the chance to set the record straight (if it wasn't already).

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
*plantation owner in 1823* How dare you call me racist!!! I have an entire backyard full of black people! Same old shit from the racist fuck playbook.

Damn, you're talking about Thomas Jefferson aren't you? Because you'd be exactly right! He'd respond in the same way I bet, especially near the end of his life where he made "progress" on the whole slavery and rape of black people thing going on with him (asking Congress to buy us and then ship us the fuck out, or only freeing a handful of slaves on death)

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
AOC was last, right? I think her skill was building off of everyone else's questions, because each question she asked referenced a prior question/statement by another congressperson. So she clarified exactly where Trump may have violated federal and state property tax laws - a HUGE deal in New York and New Jersey - and who the committee should contact next for further questioning.

She was standing on the shoulders of her peers, and it was extremely well-done quick-thinking.
The frustrating thing is that's something that's extremely rarely done at these things. Everyone mostly just sticks to to what they prepared for.

Democrats don't even coordinate before hand, even though republicans clearly do.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Decided to make my way though the whole thing. Am about an hour an a half in, and that opening was great. Also the republicans trying to postpone at the beginning would be hilarious if it wasn't so transparent and infuriating.

OP
OP
Taki

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The vast majority of people will never watch close to this entire thing. They'll get their 30 second CNN or Fox News clip and that'll be it.

The entire thing + twitch chat is archived here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/387515410

Hockeymac18

Nov 14, 2017
Didn't those morons forget to bring enough food and supplies to last through such an occupation, and the feds took mercy on them and let people through to get supplies?

lol, yeah I looked it up to make sure. They also got trolled by people who sent them sex toys and glitter instead:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...es-get-glitter-sex-toys-idUSKCN0US31420160114

Well-regulated militia indeed...they couldn't even organize a grocery list.
Fuck

Those

Guys.

Shittiest thing about it is they never faced consequences for that.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
nothing will change, right? this will come and go like every other piece of info against trump.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
It says a lot that Trump would trash his son to his attorney. There was never a day in my life where I questioned that my Dad loved and supported me, I miss him.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
It says a lot that Trump would trash his son to his attorney. There was never a day in my life where I questioned that my Dad loved and supported me, I miss him.
Oh yeah, there is no doubt in my mind that the man is a lousy father, a lousy husband, a lousy friend and a lousy human being.
He's everything you don't want as a president as he doesn't care about anyone but himself and he isn't curious about anything and that has kept him surprisingly unwise, ignorant, clueless and childish for a man his age. I mean, it's hard to be as empty as he is at his age.

OP
OP
Taki

Taki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I killed me every time the chat went "NEW LORE" every time Cohen dropped new tidbits.

CiNR-eEUoAY9tJl.jpg:large

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a good summary of this I can read somewhere? I watched some on YouTube yesterday but I don't have time for the whole thing so I'd rather just have the cliff notes.

EDIT - don't worry, The Guardian has a fairly detailed article on it.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I saw the same thing from the endless supply of fucking lemmings on twitter. Eventually, they'll have to pivot to saying everything she says comes off a teleprompter like they did with Obama.

Well, they are used to see their orange overlord clearly talking without pre-written notes or teleprompter. So obviously, when they see a politican use clear, comprehensible and intelligent phrases on TV, it seems fishy to them.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The vast majority of people will never watch close to this entire thing. They'll get their 30 second CNN or Fox News clip and that'll be it.

The entire thing + twitch chat is archived here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/387515410

Not to get off topic, but if this is your first taste of something like this and you want more, check out the old House judiciary committee hearing on SOPA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBl4EmI_hhg

And for more greatest hits, watch the Senate hearing on the Russian misinformation campaign during the election: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBf7rEF-Iqo

Our government is so fucking broken, it's full of morons. Watching the above will crush any hope you have about our ability to lead ourselves.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Not to get off topic, but if this is your first taste of something like this and you want more, check out the old House judiciary committee hearing on SOPA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBl4EmI_hhg

And for more greatest hits, watch the Senate hearing on the Russian misinformation campaign during the election: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBf7rEF-Iqo

Our government is so fucking broken, it's full of morons. Watching the above will crush any hope you have about our ability to lead ourselves.

But where are the boxes? I'm a cop man!

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't matter if I genuinely believed my boss wasn't racist. If someone wanted to drag me to congress and use me as a "one black friend" human prop on live tv, I'd tell them to fuck off. Some people have no shame.

I mean she was basically a party planner who now is a higher up at at HUD so she's going to do whatever Trump asks her to do.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017

Which is why I don't think Republicans give a fuck about actually making coherent arguments or coming off as dignified. All they care about is providing soundbites that can be chopped up and fed to the brainwashed masses watching Fox.

*Wink*

OP
OP
Taki

Taki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever something new was said or a new name came up the entire chat just spamming "GOTTEM" or "WE GOT EM" just had me in stitches.
It was like watching an Ace Attorney stream lol
The juxtaposition between the deadly serious congress hearing + the absurd humor of twitch chat is something to behold.

Like someone else said, it's modern art.

Last edited:

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I heard him open and say "President Trump is a racist, a conman, and a cheat." I just immediately rolled my eyes and sighed. Not because I disagree, but because I know I just saw the news byte. That's the only thing we'll ever see from the testimony on the news networks who are only interested in sensationalism and not substance

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I thought and have a look what Foxnews reported on this. Surely these people aren't called journalists, right? I mean they probably all have a plastic cast of Trump's asshole so they can lick it multiple times a day.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
I thought and have a look what Foxnews reported on this. Surely these people aren't called journalists, right? I mean they probably all have a plastic cast of Trump's asshole so they can lick it multiple times a day.
Sadly its most watched "cable news" in the USA and a large portion of the population take everything they say as gospel and 100% truth :(.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If it was possible to apologise on behalf of all of us, I/we would. Guess it wouldn't stop these people from doing it again and again, probably for a couple more generations at least. Le sigh.

Which is why I don't think Republicans give a fuck about actually making coherent arguments or coming off as dignified. All they care about is providing soundbites that can be chopped up and fed to the brainwashed masses watching Fox.
The R-base will be saying exactly the same thing about the democrat side.

Last edited: