• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't matter if I genuinely believed my boss wasn't racist. If someone wanted to drag me to congress and use me as a "one black friend" human prop on live tv, I'd tell them to fuck off. Some people have no shame.
I'll bet she was threatened with a firing from the Trump org job she has if she didn't.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Why the fuck do they allow a big poster of michael cohen that says "liar liar pants on fire" to hang behind the committee during his testimony? Seriously what the fuck.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Which is why I don't think Republicans give a fuck about actually making coherent arguments or coming off as dignified. All they care about is providing soundbites that can be chopped up and fed to the brainwashed masses watching Fox.

*Wink*
That's what Frank Luntz brought to American politics.Talking points. Short, sweet, memorable and easily repeatable.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
I was utterly dismayed by that too. I could not fathom why she would want to be a part of that charade. I would not allow anyone to parade me like a prop for a speech.
Don't forget that anyone in Trump's good graces has like a 30% chance of being named a senior level cabinet secretary. She's probably on the short list to replace Wilbur Ross after standing up for Trump yesterday.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Republicans on the committee be like : Michael Cohen, Co-When, Wheyn.....don't you find it curious that "wheyn" is the Gaelic word for "Big Fat Liar?" *Smiles smugly around the room while their pink hands tremble*

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck do they allow a big poster of michael cohen that says "liar liar pants on fire" to hang behind the committee during his testimony? Seriously what the fuck.
Don't worry they are all about decorum. /s

Who works under a NDA.

Real easy to speak for her when she is afraid of losing her job.

I'll bet she was threatened with a firing from the Trump org job she has if she didn't.
Her response..

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't worry they are all about decorum. /s

Her response..

Yeah, then she's a moron because Trump is a notorious liar and has a history of racist act, behaviours and statements. Working for him as a PoC in a non labor, high paying position and being used as a prop by a congressman with a history of racist comments, doesn't seem right for someone claiming they are highly educated and not low-info.

I stand by my claim, add she may have been paid to do so, or is a brainwashed moron.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
For someone so highly educated, she should know what the definition of "prop" is. And yes, they used her as a prop.
Hard to tell for us. But yes, i certainly got that impression.
Sadly its most watched "cable news" in the USA and a large portion of the population take everything they say as gospel and 100% truth :(.
That is sad. They seem extremely malicious and constantly ready to twist and turn the news on events to actively lie to people. Willingly.
This isn't journalism, these are people who act like journalists to try and stop inevitable change. Scared xenophobic inhumane asshats.

Gurgelhals

Oct 27, 2017
So are we going to see some subpoenas on all those names Cohen dropped?

It seemed to me that the committee might go after Weisselberg (Trump Org CFO) next and also get serious about subpoenaing Trump's tax returns. At the very least, these were the two things that Cohen was signposting repeatedly during the hearing.

Of course, I'm hoping that we'll also see Trump's SAT scores at some point simply for the lulz.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So ultimately how did this turn out? Bad? Was it a nothing burger? I tried to keep up yesterday but wasn't able to.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
It seemed to me that the committee might go after Weisselberg (Trump Org CFO) next and also get serious about subpoenaing Trump's tax returns. At the very least, these were the two things that Cohen was signposting repeatedly during the hearing.

Of course, I'm hoping that we'll also see Trump's SAT scores at some point simply for the lulz.
They're probably inflated anyway. Even if they are on the low side. I've have yet to see any sign of intelligence from him.
I doubt he knows ANYthing.

So ultimately how did this turn out? Bad? Was it a nothing burger? I tried to keep up yesterday but wasn't able to.
Well, this was just Cohen. There is more. So hopefully at the end of it all, the orange fuck goes away.

Last edited:

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
When I heard him open and say "President Trump is a racist, a conman, and a cheat." I just immediately rolled my eyes and sighed. Not because I disagree, but because I know I just saw the news byte. That's the only thing we'll ever see from the testimony on the news networks who are only interested in sensationalism and not substance

That doesn't seem like a big deal to me. The country is so divided that I highly doubt even watching the totality of this would change many people's minds on Trump. If you didn't think Trump was a racist or liar before, this wouldn't sway you, like the R reps, you'd just argue about Cohen's trustworthiness and completely ignore the fact that his previous lying implicates your hero. If you thought Trump was unfit for office before, well, this didn't really bring up anything you didn't know. The main thing is if they can get some legal traction from this. And maybe the soundbites reach those who are undecided and somehow otherwise ignoring everything that's happening, but I'm not sure how far down the sand your head has to be to have just missed everything that has already happened in this administration.

The Republicans were one-note in their attack on Cohen and their utter lack of even addressing trying to get to the truth, which is disgusting. But I also think the Democrats didn't do themselves many favors by constantly fishing for unrelated things which they had to know would go nowhere. Though I did chuckle that the pee tape got brought up.

The other thing about Cohen being a scum... this is true. However I thought Cummings made a great point about redemption at the end there and that if we don't believe that people can change, then why even bother trying to rehabilitate people or send them to prison? Sure, if he wasn't cast off he's likely have never changed, but if what has happened to him has indeed changed him, then good. He's still going to pay for his crimes (maybe not as much as people would want).

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I killed me every time the chat went "NEW LORE" every time Cohen dropped new tidbits.

CiNR-eEUoAY9tJl.jpg:large
lmao, Twitch chat can be awful some days, and incredible on others. The hive mind in a chat can come up with some seriously funny stuff

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
We already knew that, but is are there going to be any consequences for him?

This line of questioning to ERA is a bit redundant. We don't know. We're not there and we don't make the decisions. Yes, we hope something colossal will come down and squash these republican roaches but this all just happened yesterday. None of us have the answers so everyone will have to wait and see together.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
If you didn't think Trump was a racist or liar before, this wouldn't sway you, like the R reps, you'd just argue about Cohen's trustworthiness and completely ignore the fact that his previous lying implicates your hero. If you thought Trump was unfit for office before, well, this didn't really bring up anything you didn't know.

From what I've read, they know he is a racist and a liar, but he gets their policies done, which is all that matters. They will point to how all politicians do bad things and quote scripture that showed how in ancient times, they worked with bad people to get good things done.

There is no saving the true Trumpers who don't give a shit about the man, just what he can do for their beliefs.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
r2tSiwR.jpg

This has to be satire...

But well, at least one person got persuaded by Trump, that he is the POTUS who has done the most for black people...

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Everything about the Republican party is so frustratingly hypocritical. Yeah as if any congressperson has a leg to stand on when it comes to book deals.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Everything about the Republican party is so frustratingly hypocritical. Yeah as if any congressperson has a leg to stand on when it comes to book deals.
If I were lazy and pulling from the conservative playbook I would accuse congress of trying to violate someone's freedom of speech by trying to get them under oath say they will not write a book about their experience, but also I'm eating breakfast so you know, got a lot on my plate at the moment.

And if your initial inclination is to think "wait a minute!" to that, there is almost certainly some statute of profiting off crimes concern they could lean on and also not a lawyer and also as mentioned too lazy to suss it out. However this is what actual freedom of speech concerns look like and not because you got yelled at for dropping the N word on the bus.

Last edited:

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
I've noticed a lot of conservatives on my facebook complain about "Politicians" and how "congress" sucks and whatnot...but will only ever call out Democrats when it comes to specific people.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
As someone who primarily gets his news from NPR, and I listened a bit today, all they seemingly had to play over and over again was the 5 seconds where Michael Cohen called Trump a racist and a bigot.

Why not more clips of actual discussion on the floor, like this? This helps me understand what's going on. A hot clip that loses steam in 10 minutes as soon as they invite multiple republican house members to talk their way around that.. I can only assume television news coverage is worse, as I tend to consider NPR comparatively highly. We really need a revolution in media. I get more out of audio and video of actual government discussions and I bet most people would too. Instead it's like it needs to be softened, dampened, selected into the most cliche and stereotypical partisan statements, throwing the rest into the void.
npr had the whole thing on the radio live where I live

I'm not sure how they could do better than that

there's lots of other stuff to cover sound bites have to end somewhere

Creamie

Avenger
Nov 14, 2017
If the GOP were so concerned with taxpayer money they would be up in arms about the 25% of Trump's presidency staying at one of his private resorts.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
r2tSiwR.jpg

This has to be satire...

But well, at least one person got persuaded by Trump, that he is the POTUS who has done the most for black people...
I mean, she's an employee that willingly works for him.

I still can't wrap my head around Black Republicans who roll deep with obvious racists.

I always get the impression that part of it is feeling like the "model minority" and feeling like they're rebelling against what's expected of them.