• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
r2tSiwR.jpg

This has to be satire...

But well, at least one person got persuaded by Trump, that he is the POTUS who has done the most for black people...
That she isn't claiming to have been the one who came forward and said 'Let me defend him at this hearing' sort of underlines that she was used as a prop. And no matter how smart your are, or how clearly you understand your role, doesn't mean you aren't being used.

shtolky

Oct 27, 2017
'I'm tired of politicians who lie and cheat. *beat* I support Donald Trump.'

LOL.

I literally wonder how someone with even a small amount of intelligence (that is, someone who is conscious) can say the above with a straight face. I literally do not understand how one can say this without knowing what a silly contradiction it is. How do they rationalize the lies of Trump? Does she choose to bury her head in the sand? Is she a puppet? Does she honestly believe he doesn't lie and cheat? If so, why? It's like a 4 year old with chocolate on their face and they say I didn't eat the chocolate and you believe them. Either she's evil and is in on all this garbage, or she's being controlled by a tiny alien in her head like Men in Black. I just don't understand it.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Nothing will ever happen to Donald Trump with the GOP holding any kind of power. If Dems held the House and Senate he'd be fucking done, but it's pretty obvious that the GOP is either complicit with Trump or are just hell bent on keeping him in office so they can pass their racist, shitty policies.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
We already knew that, but is are there going to be any consequences for him?

So a few things came out, many things we knew but some were just confirmation or hints of where to look. I haven't read a lot of analysis and I missed more of the hearing than I'd like, but I still caught a few things.

Multiple cases of his charity organization illegally using funds. Republicans wanted to gloss over it, but there were a few examples of blatant illegal activities that frankly shouldn't be hard to prove. For instance, in one case Michael Cohen found somebody to buy a painting of Trump at an auction, gave the painting to Trump and then was repaid through the charity funds. So they have names, dates and shouldn't have trouble getting financial records with that testimony (if they haven't already).

Cohen described how Trump repeatedly avoided taxes, like with his golf courses. Multiple locations came up. Names of people who would have more details came up. Cohen made it clear that this was repeated behavior done across his properties, so expect Dems to start looking into financial records for those places and to interview those people.

Physical evidence of the Stormy payment made during his presidency. Again, illegal. Whether it's enough to change anything. Who knows.

A story about Trump and Cohen trying to get access to "a treasure trove" of catch and kill stories David Pecker. Will probably lead to Pecker being interviewed.

Trump lied about knowing Russian mobster Felix Sater. Said he wouldn't even recognize him despite Cohen explaining how that simpossible since not only did Sater have an office on the same floor as Trump, that office later became Cohen's.

Honestly, there were a lot of little things here and there. Some things that came up were blatantly illegal, but Republicans have done a great job of reframing the whole thing to be about Russian collusion - which Cohen claims he wasn't directly aware of. Reminder: Clinton was investigated for some real estate deal and was impeached because he lied about a blowjob. Claiming Trump shouldn't be impeached over any of this is "hilarious".

Oh, my favorite part, Cohen was unable to talk about his other clients as they are involved in ongoing investigations - translation: Sean Hannity is under investigation.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
It's absolutely hilarious that Matt Gaetz literally proved Cohen right by threatening him for Trump (and got caught like the idiot he and they all are).

"He has other people do it." - Cohen.

LOL

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Idk what republican said it, probaby Meadows, but he said something like "congratulations on being a liar in Congress " and some other shit and Cohen just said

"Thank you"

I laughed so hard at that. Just those little moments. I wish today's hearing was being televised I did absolutely no work yesterday

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I literally wonder how someone with even a small amount of intelligence (that is, someone who is conscious) can say the above with a straight face. I literally do not understand how one can say this without knowing what a silly contradiction it is. How do they rationalize the lies of Trump? Does she choose to bury her head in the sand? Is she a puppet? Does she honestly believe he doesn't lie and cheat? If so, why? It's like a 4 year old with chocolate on their face and they say I didn't eat the chocolate and you believe them. Either she's evil and is in on all this garbage, or she's being controlled by a tiny alien in her head like Men in Black. I just don't understand it.

I've met people who honestly don't believe he lies at all. You present them with examples of his lies, they call it fake news. When you press harder and present even the most obviously, easily provable example, they say they don't care, because "all politicians lie."

Calling these fucking morons conscious is an insult to conscious people. It's one thing to be ignorant. Ignorance is not stupidity. But these people are just straight-up stupid on a level rarely seen before.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Only thing worth taking away from that is that "low info voter" is a dog whistle
I similarly latched on to that term as suspect. I wonder if lazy poor minority jokes to buy in favor as one of the good ones is like a daily occurrence or just more when the occasion feels right.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man. I missed Cohen's condemnation of the GOP and when he said he used to do silly things like putting up that dumb poster. I lost it when you could hear the congressman mumble, "it's not silly".

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I've met people who honestly don't believe he lies at all. You present them with examples of his lies, they call it fake news. When you press harder and present even the most obviously, easily provable example, they say they don't care, because "all politicians lie."

Calling these fucking morons conscious is an insult to conscious people. It's one thing to be ignorant. Ignorance is not stupidity. But these people are just straight-up stupid on a level rarely seen before.

Yep. Same reason why people still believe in a flat Earth. Simply put people can choose to be stupid sometimes, and its real hard to reason with willful stupidity.

bob smith

Nov 1, 2017
We already knew that, but is are there going to be any consequences for him?

What i see is hopefully Americans smarten up and vote him out. Once he is out in 2020, new york will go full on after him and he will go to jail

I bet they have lots on him they just cant do anything and the republicans will do nothing as usual. what i dont understand is the gamble the republicans are playing. If it is proven he is a russian asset or anything like that, how does the republicans defend their actions in looking the other way? wont that destroy the republican party?

Kidgalactus

Oct 30, 2017
Orlando
What i see is hopefully Americans smarten up and vote him out. Once he is out in 2020, new york will go full on after him and he will go to jail

I bet they have lots on him they just cant do anything and the republicans will do nothing as usual. what i dont understand is the gamble the republicans are playing. If it is proven he is a russian asset or anything like that, how does the republicans defend their actions in looking the other way? wont that destroy the republican party?

It's already hanging by a thread.
This, all of it, is an all or nothing last ditch gambit.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
"My loyalty to Mr. Trump has cost me everything: my family's happiness, friendships, my law license, my company, my livelihood, my honor, my reputation and, soon, my freedom. And I will not sit back, say nothing, and allow him to do the same to the country,. Indeed, given my experience working for Mr. Trump, I fear that if he loses the election in 2020 that there will never be a peaceful transition of power, and this is why I agreed to appear before you today."

Unfortunately even after an impeachment process there won't be a peaceful transition of power. Trump supporters will hate the new President, even if he's a Republican.

The Republicans' refusal to work in the hearing yesterday shows that it is already much worse than we ever feared.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017

This is probably the Prague thing, right? It seemed pretty weird that the were dancing around the Kazakhstan stuff but not bothering to ask any direct questions so I'm guessing this was the end game all along.

edit: oh, having read the article it is the WH position junk? thhhhhpt. Maybe the bank fraud statement thing has some teeth. We'll see.

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is probably the Prague thing, right? It seemed pretty weird that the were dancing around the Kazakhstan stuff but not bothering to ask any direct questions so I'm guessing this was the end game all along.

One of them might be Cohen saying he never wanted a job in the White House. IIRC, Republicans submitted a few news articles into the hearing record saying that Cohen allegedly pursued a White House job and was angry when he didn't get a job offer.

Throughout the hearing, Cohen kept insisting all he wanted was to be "personal attorney" to the President - not work in government or the White House.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
I thought and have a look what Foxnews reported on this. Surely these people aren't called journalists, right? I mean they probably all have a plastic cast of Trump's asshole so they can lick it multiple times a day.

Foxnews is blatant propaganda that has destroyed the minds of millions of Americans.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One of them might be Cohen saying he never wanted a job in the White House. IIRC, Republicans submitted a few news articles into the hearing record saying that Cohen allegedly pursued a White House job and was angry when he didn't get a job offer.

Throughout the hearing, Cohen kept insisting all he wanted was to be "personal attorney" to the President - not work in government or the White House.
He also stated that he had received job offers that he turned down and that he believes Mueller has proof of that (Presumably phone records).

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
He also stated that he received job offers that he turned down and that he believes Mueller has proof of that (Presumably phone records).

Yeah, I'm not saying the Republicans' case for perjury has merit. Just speculating on what it is they're trying to push.

Cohen also paid for a memo opining that a U.S. president would benefit from having an outside "personal lawyer" in his efforts to convince Trump to give him that title/position. So there is a case that that is what the fool really wanted.

FeverishDream

Dec 18, 2017
Today it feels like things are just back to the new normal. The testimony and proof that Cohen brought to Congress is just going to be background noise as the Republicans will do everything in their power to look the other way.

Astounding that crimes by the POTUS doesn't get much more attention than a couple of sound bites.

It's fucked.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017

Cognitive dissonance is a powerful thing and similar to anti-vaxers, flat earthers, young earthers, etc., trumpers have tied a large part of their identity to believing something. Anything that challenges that belief is wrong in their mind and they will do whatever mental gymnastics are needed to keep themselves comfortable, lest their entire world view collapse around them.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Today it feels like things are just back to the new normal. The testimony and proof that Cohen brought to Congress is just going to be background noise as the Republicans will do everything in their power to look the other way.

Astounding that crimes by the POTUS doesn't get much more attention than a couple of sound bites.

It's fucked.
Seemed like NPR at least was talking about it this morning.

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Hopefully, Trump loses 2020 and federal indictments against him are unsealed the day he's out of office. That would be my ideal scenario.

Once Trump no longer has the presidency, and there's a Democrat in the Oval Office, there's no presidential pardon escape clause for Trump and his family.

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

It's fucked.

Yesterday's hearing was just one of the first steps in this Congress' oversight activities. Look for more Trump cronies/associates to be called in to testify before various committees. More probing, investigating, overseeing.

Whether or not Trump is impeached/removed, it's going to be a slow steeping education process for the American public: as most of us awaken or deepen our understanding of Trump's criminal activities.