• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds

Rebecca Ballhaus @rebeccaballhaus

Sean Hannity to Trump in tonight's interview, on Michael Cohen and the hush-money payments: "I can tell you personally, he said to me at least a dozen times, that he made the decision on the payments and he didn't tell you."

9:12 PM - Feb 28, 2019

Aaron Rupar @atrupar

Trump and Hannity are still pretending Trump actually wrote Art of the Deal

9:34 PM - Feb 28, 2019 · Washington, DC

Aaron Rupar @atrupar

Hannity insists Cohen "was never my attorney" - Cohen said in court Hannity was 1 of his 3 clients - then says Cohen told him he decided to make hush payments on his own

"He said to me a dozen times he made the decision on the payments & he didn't tell you"

"Yup," Trump replies pic.twitter.com/NqhLJi7guH

10:23 PM - Feb 28, 2019

Hanity: Cohen was never my attorney
Also Ahnity: in my numerous conversations with my attorney Michael Cohen he broke client attorney privilege and told me that he chose to pay of the adult film stars on his own

WHAT? i feel like i'm loosing intelligence even reading their insanity

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Wow, just revealed that Michael Cohen wrote a "love letter to Trump" manuscript for a new book that he was pushing. Written and submitted long after Charlottesville and Helsinki, his phony reasons for going rogue. Book is exact opposite of his fake testimony, which now is a lie!

8:00 AM - Mar 1, 2019

Congress must demand the transcript of Michael Cohen's new book, given to publishers a short time ago. Your heads will spin when you see the lies, misrepresentations and contradictions against his Thursday testimony. Like a different person! He is totally discredited!

8:08 AM - Mar 1, 2019

Oh' I see! Now that the 2 year Russian Collusion case has fallen apart, there was no Collusion except bye Crooked Hillary and the Democrats, they say, "gee, I have an idea, let's look at Trump's finances and every deal he has ever done. Let's follow discredited Michael Cohen.....

8:19 AM - Mar 1, 2019

...and the fraudulent and dishonest statements he made on Wednesday. No way, it's time to stop this corrupt and illegally brought Witch Hunt. Time to start looking at the other side where real crimes were committed. Republicans have been abused long enough. Must end now!

8:26 AM - Mar 1, 2019

JenLawrenceOkay.gif

Fair enough Trumpster if that was genuinely true you would do what any previous president* would have done, opened your self up for genuine questioning and shut this down with the Truth, but you won't you twitter rant and direct cronies to try and shut things down because its actually true

*any previous president except the 'great' Nixon wouldn't be in this situation though

Last edited:

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
guys but lets be real though

Lanny Davis is totally getting bankrolled by Dems, right?

Their exchange over that line of questioning was priceless

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I still can't wrap my head around Black Republicans who roll deep with obvious racists.
A lot of racism is pointed at "scary" "others" and not people you know personally, so even obvious racists aren't necessarily racist to acquaintances.

It's like the stories of people that voted for Trump being shocked when some beloved figure from their community would get deported ("Well, of course I wanted illegals deported, but this guy was a good person!"). This is why racists think they aren't racist for having a black friend ("I've never called my friend the n-word, therefore I cannot be racist!").

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
is there a full transcript of this anywhere? I have read the opening statements, can't seem to find any thing else in a easy to read format. cspan has a subtitle transcript but you have to read it with the video. would prefer to read the hearing, less yelling and tv showmanship.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica

Wow, just revealed that Michael Cohen wrote a "love letter to Trump" manuscript for a new book that he was pushing. Written and submitted long after Charlottesville and Helsinki, his phony reasons for going rogue. Book is exact opposite of his fake testimony, which now is a lie!

8:00 AM - Mar 1, 2019

Congress must demand the transcript of Michael Cohen's new book, given to publishers a short time ago. Your heads will spin when you see the lies, misrepresentations and contradictions against his Thursday testimony. Like a different person! He is totally discredited!

8:08 AM - Mar 1, 2019

Oh' I see! Now that the 2 year Russian Collusion case has fallen apart, there was no Collusion except bye Crooked Hillary and the Democrats, they say, "gee, I have an idea, let's look at Trump's finances and every deal he has ever done. Let's follow discredited Michael Cohen.....

8:19 AM - Mar 1, 2019

...and the fraudulent and dishonest statements he made on Wednesday. No way, it's time to stop this corrupt and illegally brought Witch Hunt. Time to start looking at the other side where real crimes were committed. Republicans have been abused long enough. Must end now!

8:26 AM - Mar 1, 2019

This reads like a Scott Steiner promo tbh

Forearms

Oct 25, 2017
Who else thinks Trump spent more time in the last few days focused on this than on the North Korea summit?

I'm pretty sure the Cohen testimony was on his mind the ENTIRE time. I wouldn't be surprised if he bitched about it to Kim Jung Un, who then replied, "Why don't you just kill him? That's what I would do."

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure the Cohen testimony was on his mind the ENTIRE time. I wouldn't be surprised if he bitched about it to Kim Jung Un, who then replied, "Why don't you just kill him? That's what I would do."

I have almost no doubt that, behind closed doors, Kim probably made a joke like this, and Trump sighed and said, "Man, your country is so much better than mine..."

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that it's been exactly 3,600 days since Sean Hannity promised he would get waterboarded for charity.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Whoa... Was this posted as a separate thread too? Would have not known about this had I not randomly decided to come back to this thread. Needs its own thread IMO.
I thought someone posted one, maybe not? I know there was one for Weisselberg and one for Sater, two other headlines from recent post-Cohen news.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Bouncing around various op-eds this morning (nothing amazing so far if you've been following along), however this stuck out to me. I've heard it before but not in direct comparison.

Donald Trump has a new fixer: House Republicans
Republican congresswoman Carol Miller complained about Congress wasting time and taxpayer money for this hearing. At 28 months, Republicans spent more time investigating the Benghazi attack than they did the 9/11 terror attacks, Watergate and the JFK assassination all to undermine then secretary of state Clinton and Obama.

I decided to look it up to get the actual numbers and while the specific dates of formation and dissolve are not always straight forward it is pretty clear Republicans, particularly those who have held office in the past decade, don't have a damned leg to stand on in terms of wasteful investigations. They are full of shit and rely on people not bothering to do an ounce of work to call them on their bullshit. The closest is the combined investigation of the assassinations of JFK and MLK Jr. from which you can infer the Republicans believe Benghazi was an event requiring this level of scrutiny.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_Select_Committee_on_Benghazi
Duration 31 months, 4 days (I believe the 28 months often cited is likely using the date of the first hearing, rather than when the committee was formed)
Formed May 8, 2014
Dissolved December 12, 2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11_Commission
Duration: 20 months, 25 days
Formed
November 27, 2002
Dissolved August 21, 2004

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_Select_Committee_on_Assassinations
Duration: 27 months, 30 days (30 months, using date of Report)
Formed
September, 1976
Dissolved December 31, 1978 (I was not able to find a more concrete date for completing the investigation than the year so I used a very generous end of year date. If you use the date of the report, MARCH 29, 1979, it still comes out at 30 months, under the full time frame of Benghazi formation to dissolve.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_Watergate_Committee
Duration: 16 months, 20 days
Formed
February 7, 1973
Dissolved June 27, 1974

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still of the opinion that if trump goes down for treason, and that is a big if, all the GOP members that actively tried to protect him need to be removed.

They actively participated in protecting him. That should be enough.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I'm still of the opinion that if trump goes down for treason, and that is a big if, all the GOP members that actively tried to protect him need to be removed.

They actively participated in protecting him. That should be enough.
Just imagine the outrage if Obama sided with Putin, Kim and Saudi leaders instead of US intel, and praised them publicly constantly while shitting on our allies and NATO. Pre-2016 GOP and Fox would be apoplectic. It is shocking the lengths they'll go to carry water for someone like that, just in the name of Party > Country.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Bouncing around various op-eds this morning (nothing amazing so far if you've been following along), however this stuck out to me. I've heard it before but not in direct comparison.

Donald Trump has a new fixer: House Republicans

I decided to look it up to get the actual numbers and while the specific dates of formation and dissolve are not always straight forward it is pretty clear Republicans, particularly those who have held office in the past decade, don't have a damned leg to stand on in terms of wasteful investigations. They are full of shit and rely on people not bothering to do an ounce of work to call them on their bullshit. The closest is the combined investigation of the assassinations of JFK and MLK Jr. from which you can infer the Republicans believe Benghazi was an event requiring this level of scrutiny.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_Select_Committee_on_Benghazi
Duration 31 months, 4 days (I believe the 28 months often cited is likely using the date of the first hearing, rather than when the committee was formed)
Formed May 8, 2014
Dissolved December 12, 2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11_Commission
Duration: 20 months, 25 days
Formed
November 27, 2002
Dissolved August 21, 2004

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_Select_Committee_on_Assassinations
Duration: 27 months, 30 days (30 months, using date of Report)
Formed
September, 1976
Dissolved December 31, 1978 (I was not able to find a more concrete date for completing the investigation than the year so I used a very generous end of year date. If you use the date of the report, MARCH 29, 1979, it still comes out at 30 months, under the full time frame of Benghazi formation to dissolve.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_Watergate_Committee
Duration: 16 months, 20 days
Formed
February 7, 1973
Dissolved June 27, 1974
"Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right?" McCarthy had said. "But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping."

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If trump were to go down for treason, those that actively protected him shouldn't be punished? Remember, the gop has tried hiding all of trump's criminal shit for 2 years now. They should absolutely be punished if shit gets to that point.
What should happen and what's within the realm of reasonable possibility are two very very different things.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
Looks like Donnie Junior didn't know what words like "hubris" "obfuscate" and "humbling" meant so he retweeted a guy saying that Cohen told the truth...

D0dOLszVsAEGgcu.jpg

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Even if it may not happen, when the time comes, ask for punishment for those who sided with traitors and criminals. We didn't do the same in Italy after the war and it ended up biting us in the ass. Don't make the same mistake, don't support "social peace" or " unity"; people who kidnap children and let people die without healthcare aren't normal criminals, they're war criminals.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Huff/YouGov survey after the Cohen public hearing.

48% think Trump is a racist, and 17% are unsure. That's incredible. Could you have imagined 5, 10, 20 years ago having a PotuS that so many people see as a racist?

50% think Trump has committed financial fraud, 23% are unsure. Almost none who think so are Republicans, despite the mountain of evidence (which I guess they never see...)

21% think Cohen's actions were "an isolated incident not related to the Trump administration". Not surprisingly, that's mostly Republicans believing the garbage from Fox/Huckaliar.

https://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/athena/files/2019/03/01/5c796b03e4b033abd14b6145.pdf

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Even if it may not happen, when the time comes, ask for punishment for those who sided with traitors and criminals. We didn't do the same in Italy after the war and it ended up biting us in the ass. Don't make the same mistake, don't support "social peace" or " unity"; people who kidnap children and let people die without healthcare aren't normal criminals, they're war criminals.

Seriously. Fucking sick of shit like Obama not wanting to prosecute anybody involved in torture saying we needed to move past it. Infuriated me and basically tells the next guy they can get away with shit out of a sense of civility.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
Michael Cohen implicated Trump in at least 11 different felonies (Vice)

I quoted the first paragraph for each felony, the article goes into more depth.

Potential evidence in a Russia conspiracy case
Cohen introduced new information linking Trump and his campaign to a possible criminal conspiracy relating to the hacked Democratic emails that were stolen by Russian spies and released by WikiLeaks before the 2016 election.

Lying to Mueller
Cohen's story about Trump's conversation with Stone also contradicts what Trump reportedly told Mueller in writing. Trump's legal team reportedly rejected Mueller's request for an interview with the president, and instead responded to the Special Counsel's questions in a letter.

Suborning perjury
Cohen said Wednesday that Trump implicitly told him to lie to Congress under oath about attempts to develop a Trump Tower in Moscow in the midst of the 2016 presidential campaign — a move that could potentially constitute the crime of suborning perjury.

Campaign finance violations
Cohen said his former boss directed him to organize hush-money payments during the campaign to women who claimed that they'd slept with Trump.

Election fraud
Cohen said Trump knew exactly what he was giving Cohen money for: to silence the women and keep voters from finding out about Trump's affairs.

Insurance fraud
Cohen also alleged that Trump made false claims to insurance companies by inflating the size of his assets, a move that Cohen said would have allowed him to reduce his premiums.

Witness tampering
Cohen and Democrats in Congress have accused Trump of attempting to intimidate him out of testifying against Trump by making threats against Cohen's family.

Bank fraud
Cohen said Trump inflated his wealth while seeking to borrow money from Deutsche Bank in a failed attempt to buy the Buffalo Bills in 2014.

Tax fraud
Cohen also said Trump "deflated his assets to reduce his real estate taxes."

Financial disclosure
Trump may have broken the law by failing to disclose the money he owed Cohen for making the hush-money payment to Stormy Daniels.

Misusing charitable funds
Cohen said Trump used his charity's money to buy a painting of himself — a potentially improper misuse of charitable funds.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Michael Cohen implicated Trump in at least 11 different felonies (Vice)

I quoted the first paragraph for each felony, the article goes into more depth.

Potential evidence in a Russia conspiracy case

Lying to Mueller

Suborning perjury

Campaign finance violations

Election fraud

Insurance fraud

Witness tampering

Bank fraud

Tax fraud

Financial disclosure

Misusing charitable funds
Lock him up. And then fix the Constitution so this farce doesn't happen again, where someone can break the law to become PotuS, then is not only shielded from arrest and prosecution once there, they can also witness tamper, obstruct justice and stack courts. It's banana republic stuff.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't the crimes need to be part of a war for them to be war crimes?

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Did anything ever come out from the closed days?

Only reactions from some, but clearly more bombshells were dropped in there and they were definitely able to get more into the gritty details instead of wasting time with the aplomb theatrics of recalcitrant GOP members.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...ear-investigate-trumps-bank-and-deals/583996/
The House Intelligence Committee, meanwhile, plans to have Cohen back for a second closed-door interview on March 6. To say the panel learned something new from the president's longtime personal lawyer behind closed doors "would be an understatement," Democratic Representative Eric Swalwell of California, who sits on the committee, told CNN on Thursday, adding that "there's very valuable new leads that we learned."

And Senator Mark Warner of Virginia, the vice-chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, told reporters following Cohen's closed-door testimony earlier this week that the Russia investigation "may be the most important thing I'm involved in in my public life in the Senate. Nothing I heard today dissuades me from that view."

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nunes already told the WH everything. I'm surprised he's still on that committee.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Nunes already told the WH everything. I'm surprised he's still on that committee.

And here is what McCabe says about this in the book: "Now that the Gang of Eight was a crowd of two dozen in the room, I thought, the chance of this not getting back to the president was basically zero. Then Devin Nunes walked in, and the chance was less than zero."

Considering the FBI and Dems knew that members of the GOP were utterly compromised even in the early days, I do wonder how much of an impact it has had on investigations.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

And here is what McCabe says about this in the book: "Now that the Gang of Eight was a crowd of two dozen in the room, I thought, the chance of this not getting back to the president was basically zero. Then Devin Nunes walked in, and the chance was less than zero."

Considering the FBI and Dems knew that members of the GOP were utterly compromised even in the early days, I do wonder how much of an impact it has had on investigations.

Yep, yet he is still doing his thing.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Only reactions from some, but clearly more bombshells were dropped in there and they were definitely able to get more into the gritty details instead of wasting time with the aplomb theatrics of recalcitrant GOP members.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...ear-investigate-trumps-bank-and-deals/583996/

I wonder if GOP members even say anything during those closed door meetings. They realize nothing they say there will be broadcast on Fox, and they realize there's no audience watching to be brainwashed by shouting, so is there even a point to participating? They're more interested in theater and a closed door sessions offers them none of that.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if GOP members even say anything during those closed door meetings. They realize nothing they say there will be broadcast on Fox, and they realize there's no audience watching to be brainwashed by shouting, so is there even a point to participating? They're more interested in theater and a closed door sessions offers them none of that.

Are they participating? Remember one of the GOP members mentioned never having heard of Cohen until Wednesday.

....yes I know they're actually participating